Quantcast Not So Brilliant Ideas Part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not So Brilliant Ideas Part 2

Saturday, November 26

We're up earlier than I expected.

I find one of the chains on my necklace has somehow gotten zipped into the zipper of my jewelry bag. Even more strangely, the chain (which is very thin and delicate) does not break as we get the zipper open. And, even odder, I find another chain not caught in the zipper has broken AND all the chains are tangled together. I take some time untangling chains but don't get the caught chain completely untangled before giving up. I should have taken this as an omen - it's going to be that sort of trip.

We call about the shuttle back to the airport. We can't get on 9:00 shuttle. We might be able to get on 9:30 shuttle but they probably don't have enough room for our bags on the 9:30 shuttle. (I'm used to larger hotel shuttles - these are smallish vans with no luggage racks - these hold 8-10 passengers and whatever they can get stuffed into back of van for luggage).

We checkout and request a taxi. The driver of a town car pulls up a few minutes later. He'll charge us a flat $12.00 to go back to airport. We are quickly there and Gene tips generously. We head to Magical Express line which is the quickest we have ever gotten into line, on a bus, and on our way. I get text at 9:30 am that our room is not ready and Disney will text again when it is.

We arrive at the resort (Saratoga Springs) and have ourbags held. We take boat to Disney Springs and head to Earl of Sandwich for an early lunch.

There is a display of Christmas trees there called the Trail of Trees so we walk through that. The themed trees pretty cool. It "snows" every few minutes. After, we wander around Disney Springs but don't go into the new Downtown section. We purchase a couple of things in World of Disney. I keep an eye out for x-mas gifts but am not successful. I take pics of holiday cards as my sister-in-law wanted some and couldn't find any on her trip earlier in the year so I text the pics to her.

We're tired of walking so sit at the outside bar at Jock Lindsey's Hangar bar and have drinks. We still haven't received a text regarding our room assignment. My sister-in-law texts and ask we buy 2 boxes of the holiday cards she has selected so we go back to World of Disney to buy those and look around more while at it. There' still no text about room so we take the boat back to Saratoga Springs and go to pool to hang out there for an hour or so. It is now just about 4 and we still haven't gotten our room assignment.

We go to front desk and the person says room is not ready - do we have a preference to location etc. I say I have made no requests for room. He says you should get a text in about 30 seconds with your room number. Yay!! We are back in the Grandstand section - one building over from where we stayed on our last trip but on the second floor this time. We go to bell services, retrieve our bags and get a golf cart ride to room.

We unpack. We have fastpasses for Soarin in an hour or so but decide not to go to Epcot so we cancel our fastpasses. Instead, we decide to go to Surf and Turf for dinner, arriving just about opening ,and ask to sit outside. We do and have nice view across water towards the La Nouba building. We each have prime rib for dinner - not fantastic, but good.

After dinner, we walk to the Congress Springs section and head over to the water to see the new drone show. Pretty cool. We decide to see Trail of Trees lit up so take the walkway back to Downtown Springs. It's nice to see all the lights. On the way back, we stop and pick up some coke, and snacks and go back to our room.

Getting ready to take tubby, I realise, I left my book on the plane (It's going to be that sort of trip) so we walk back to buy a new book to read while I'm in tubby.

Tubby and to bed.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no not that kind of trip

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, left book on plane! Not a catastrophe, but it's hard to leave a book in the middle. Also, wow, took a long time to get your room. But sounds like a lovely evening.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

The trail of trees sounds fun! The new Disney Springs (Town Center or is it Towne Centre?) area is wonderful! Definitely would be able to find some Christmas gifts there! I hope you get to enjoy the area later in your trip.

Bummed for you about leaving your book on the plane. I like reading in the tub at night, too... but usually a magazine for me.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

We missed the drone show. Had planned to see it and then didn't realize we missed it until we had gotten back home. I guess there's always YouTube.
    That's a really long time to wait for a room!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Linda,
    Sorry your trip is off to a rocky start. I hope you see some Magic soon!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

seems like an ominous beginning..
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it is one little thing after another. I am sorry but you are in the World. Love love.
    My question is how do you set up Magical Express for the next day if your plane landed the night before? I have thought about doing that before but didn't know if it would work.
    Love your threads.
    WDW trips 76-77 off site 78-83 Vacation Villas 85,88, Club Lake Villas 88-89-91,95,99-00,03-05,07-08,09-11 Caribbean Beach 96-98,02 Boardwalk Villas 06 Boardwalk Inn/
    Go Boilers!![/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edwards2301 View Post
    My question is how do you set up Magical Express for the next day if your plane landed the night before? I have thought about doing that before but didn't know if it would work.
    Love your threads.
    Thank you. For Magical Express, I just called them directly and explained that I was not landing on the day that we were going to be using Magical Express. It was not an issue as you are entitled to use it the day you check into a Disney resort and the day you check out of a Disney resort.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: