Quantcast Not So Brilliant Ideas Part 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not So Brilliant Ideas Part 4

Monday, November 28

We have omelettes for breakfast and think they are rather pricey. We head to the pool and hang out for couple of hours. We head home; shower/change.

Taking a look at dining options, we book a late lunch/early dinner at Rose and Crown, Arriving at Epcot about 45 minutes before our reservation. We head to the United Kingdom arriving about 15 minutes before reservation time and check in. We're told the table may not be ready until 15 minutes later than our reservation time. We find an open table out in front of the pub and order beers. Our beeper goes off 15 minutes after our reservation time. We're seated indoors with Joe as our delightful server. Joe tells us his last day at Disney is the next day. From there, he is heading on a Disney Cruise, followed by some time in New York and Boston before flying home. Lunch is delicious. We start with the cheese plate and follow that with fish and chips. After dinner, we leave Epcot and heat back to Saratoga Springs, hang out on lanai and decide not to go out tonight.

Tuesday, November 29

Today is the day for Disney Studios. We head directly to the bus and go through the no bags line. Gene has again been "randomly selected" for additional screening and this time I'm included as well. Not sure why Gene is continuously "randomly" chosen.

To starring rolls bakery where I have bagel and cream cheese and Gene a Danish of some sort. We see Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones. We ride Tower of Terror (fastpass), The Great Movie Ride, and Toy Story (fastpass) where my score is half of Gene's. We watch storm troopers march up and down the main street. It's around 2 when we begin looking for lunch. The Tune-In Lounge is mobbed so we head to Brown Derby's exterior lounge where we have drinks along with sliders - Gene has 2 beef while I have the menu listed beef and duck comfit. They have a trio of mini desserts for $10. We select 3 to share and feel quite full as we exit. Thought about doing Star Tours (Gene wants to send me off on my own as he doesn't do well on this ride after eating) and the Muppet Show but it is now heading for 4 and we decide to just return home.

Bus is at the stop waiting for us so we are able to hop on and quickly return home.

We relax shower, change to get ready for dinner at California Grill - very late reservations - 9:30 pm. We arrive at the bus stop around 7 and wait a bit for a bus. While walking over to California Grill from the Magic Kingdom, I manager to lose my balance and take a tumble. Nothing is torn and I don't even break the skin on my palm (which I had put down as I fell). We arrive just after 8 and I take a few minutes to refresh in the ladies room. We wander around a bit and then check in at the podium - very early. We are allowed upstairs immediately with the comment that they would likely be able to seat me earlier than my scheduled time. The restaurant looks emptier than usual - the lounge is largely empty. We sit down but have barely put our backsides into our seats when a message is texted saying our table is ready. What's this? We are led to a table for 2 right at the window overlooking the Magic Kingdom. The table is covered in Mickey confetti and there is a card saying "Welcome Back" on the table. Our service asks what we are celebrating but we had not noted any celebrations on our reservation. This seems to have been a random gesture which was very lovely!!

We both have goat cheese ravioli for appetizer. I'm disappointed the bison has been replaced with ostrich so opt for the short rib instead. Gene has a filet. We have a bottle of wine with dinner. The fireworks occur just before we order coffee and dessert. Cake for Gene - just ice cream for me. Overall, a lovely dinner.

But now for the next not so brilliant idea.....

We walk back to Magic Kingdom. The line for our bus is really long and I have serious doubts we will make it on board. Another bus pulls up just behind our bus and I thought Gene said it was to Saratoga Springs as he leads me out of line to the second bus. On board, I learn this bus is traveling to Downtown Springs. Oy!! As we are pulling into the parking lot at Disney Springs, I see the bus to Saratoga Springs is leaving. It is 11:30 and we have just missed last boat. I want to walk to the bridge at the West Side and across but Gene believes that will be a longer walk. We end up walking all the way over to the path to Saratoga Springs AND then all the way to our room which is on the opposite side of Saratoga Springs. I can't say I was a happy camper during this trek!!

Still, I'm home - tubby -in bed really late.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it wrong that I'm reading along waiting for the oops? Sounds like you had 2 pretty nice days, sorry for the fall - hope it wasn't too bad, You did score a great table at CG and earlier than expected so that's two great positives.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

As usual, I am really enjoying your trip reports! This will not help you now, but there are 2 paths to Saratoga Springs from Disney springs. You take the path by La Nouba and walk a path along the golf course until you reach a bridge. Take the bridge and you will be right by the pro shop and steps to the Turf Club. There is a path that will take you right by the Grandstand pool. It was a 10-15 minute walk, walking slow.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    As usual, I am really enjoying your trip reports! This will not help you now, but there are 2 paths to Saratoga Springs from Disney springs. You take the path by La Nouba and walk a path along the golf course until you reach a bridge. Take the bridge and you will be right by the pro shop and steps to the Turf Club. There is a path that will take you right by the Grandstand pool. It was a 10-15 minute walk, walking slow.
    Exactly! That's the route I wanted to take but Gene thought it would be longer??!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for Another great report.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Great day, and how fun for California Grill to set you up nicely. I love ostrich, so the switch would have been with me. Yum! Bummer about a long walk back, though.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that you fell. Lovely day, though despite your Disney Springs misstep.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot of walking, but the dinner sounds wonderful

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Your Monday was so lovely!

I hate when I have things planned in my mind as simple and then they balloon into complicated.... funny, for me it most always has to do with Disney Transportation.

Glad your dinner went well and definitely good timing for Wishes!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09