Quantcast Solo Bachelorette Weekend Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo Bachelorette Weekend Day 1

Sorry it's taken me a couple weeks to get to this...things have been busy! So a bit of background, I had wanted to take a quick trip down at the holidays to see the decorations since I had an annual pass. After a couple attempts at trying to get someone to come along I decided I'd really rather have some "me" time anyways so I ended up solo. I actually love going by myself so it worked out perfectly.

I left at 5am on Dec 12th from home (about an hour north of Atlanta) and pulled into Coronado Springs at just about noon (I don't stop much when I drive, esp solo.) I had not gotten a text saying my room was ready so I went ahead to the front desk just to check. They managed to find an open room for me. I booked business class. I dumped my stuff in the room, grabbed some pins for trading and hopped a bus to the Magic Kingdom. A note about the room, while the business class rooms are closest to the bus stop (I mean mine was super close) it was annoying to hear the busses beeping...all the time. With the parks opening very early (7am) for the holidays the beeping started at 6am and went until around 1am or later some nights.

I had no trouble getting to MK, through the gates, stopped at Guest Relations inside for my AP card since I only had it on my magic band and made it to the Muppets presentation in Liberty Square by 1:25pm. Really not too shabby considering. What a cute little show. I then found some lunch in the form of a flatbread from Pinocchios's and hit up Small World, Haunted Mansion with a fast pass, Mermaid, Dumbo, Peter Pan with a FP, BTMRR with a FP, then was able to make another FP for Pooh. I took a long round trip ride on the train since it was closed on my last couple trips and by then it was around 5pm and I wanted to get back to CSR to change for an evening of hotel hopping.

Annoying bus trip #1-so I exited the gates of MK at 5pm (I had texted my mom so I had the timing). I waited maybe 40 mins for a bus? Then my stop at CSR was the last stop so I walked back into the room at 6:30. An hour and a half, pretty frustrating. Now I was a little behind schedule. I grabbed a glass of wine from the Business Class Lounge and some cheese, prosciutto and focaccia. I changed into some non-park wear and grabbed an Uber to the Wilderness Lodge. I love love this service. I was there in ten mins for $6 (plus I always tip a couple bucks, maybe more in peak travel times.)

I checked out the pin boards, looked for a friend working in the gift shop (she was off that day) and listened to a lovely choir sing hymns in the lobby. I was thinking of having some fondue in the lounge but it was getting late and I had at least 3 other stops to make. I grabbed a boat (and very windy, choppy ride) over to the Contemp (via Fort Wilderness) and walked from the dock into the lobby. I checked for pins, enjoyed the decorations, did a little shopping , grabbed a cocktail and headed for the monorail.

Over to the Poly (same MO-pins, shopping, cocktail, decorations) and then finally over to the GF. At some point I meant to grab dinner or something quick service but it just didn't happen. At the GF a CM asked if I had seen the hotel exclusive pin for Christmas? Why no, I hadn't (and I actually don't remember what it was for GF) but I said do you happen to know if there is a Stitch one? Apparently yes...at the Poly. Doh. So around the loop I went again. Back to the Poly where of course the pin was sold out. (Of course.) By now it was late, I thought about taking the monorail to the MK and then the bus back to CSR but after the earlier incident I hopped an Uber from the Poly back to CSR super quickly and hit the hay. It had been a LONG day!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite the transportation issues, you're off to an excellent start!!

I once had a room that was close to a bus stop like that and it certainly is annoying to hear the buses beep like that at all hours!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a busy first day! I love being close to transportation too, but once we had a room next to the busses and the garbage dumpster. The 7am garbage pick up was just a little annoying.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

the resort hopping sounds fun

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs