Quantcast Our last first birthday - Part 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our last first birthday - Part 9

Our last first birthday
    We've taken each of our kids to the World for their first birthday. Penelope, aka "Eppy," is our last. We decided to make it super-special, so we're spending two weeks at Disney, with 10 days in the parks.

Cast:
    Susan, (me), 36, 11th trip
    David (DH), 31, 9th trip
    Sammie (DD), 8, 7th trip
    Lily (DD), 5, 5th trip
    Joey (DS), 3, 4th tip
    Eppy (DD), turning 1, 1st trip

Sunday, December 18
    The alarm went off at 6am and I hit the wrong button. I woke up at 6:45, so we decided to drive to DHS. The plan was to sign the girls up for Jedi Training, and I was afraid the spots would fill up before we got there, so David took the bag and Joey (the bag check wasn't moving), and the girls and I went on in the park. We were in by 7:40, and went straight to sign up. Once David got in, he began looking for the BB-8 charm again, being sent back and forth across the park, once again.
    I texted him once we were signed up, and we met up, and went to Keystone, where he'd been told to check next. They had a huge display of Alex and Ani, but were out of stock. The CM (finally!) checked the app and said it was across the street at Legends of Hollywood. Sammie still didn't know what we were looking for, or that it was for her. I was afraid we wouldn't find it. We went into LoH, but they didn't have it either. I told the CM that the app said they did, so she looked again, and found only the display. She asked if we wanted it, and I said, "Yes, please! We've been to 10 stores over 3 days!" We bought it, went outside to the bench and gave it to Sammie. Big tears came pouring out as she jumped up and down and hugged us over and over again. David tightened the bracelet to fit her tiny wrist and warned her not to take it off. (It's been 3 weeks, and she hasn't even thought about removing it). She was one happy girl!
    We were all hungry so we went to Starring Rolls for breakfast. Again, we had snacks while David had a meal. He's not a big pastry eater, and instead got a turkey sandwich and ate the meat off it. The kids enjoyed his chips, begging for more. I guess Dad isn't the only one who misses normal food.
    The park was still fairly deserted, so we went to the Launch Bay to meet characters before the lines got too long. We were standing in line for Chewbacca when the roaming Stormtroopers came by. They don't stop for pictures, which disappointed Sammie, but she was still happy to see them from afar. David didn't realize Chewbacca talked, and he enjoyed "conversing" with him. Then straight over to see Kylo Ren. While in line, the Stormtroopers came by again, and Sammie walked up to them. One leaned over to "scan" her magic band and David caught some pictures. She was quite excited to be singled out, as they mostly just walk around. The kids weren't too sure what to do with Kylo Ren, as we're light side fans in our family, so they just stood there and got a picture.
    We ran to TSM with our FP, but the ride was stopped, and we couldn't be late for Jedi Training, so we walked straight through and off the ride, much to my disappointment, since we'd missed it on our first day here.
    Due to Lily's pixie-size, she got to be right up front and carry the banner for Jedi Training. Both our girls were on the lower platform, which was great for where we were against the rope, so I could both video and get pictures of it all. They really enjoyed it, but Sammie said it wasn't hard enough, and wanted something more challenging. (She's a very active girl). Lily loved it. They got their buttons and were called "young Jedi" by CMs the rest of the day, which pleased Sammie greatly.
    Eppy needed a nap by now and wasn't having the wrap, so we wasted a FP on GMR just so I could feed her and put her to sleep. (When you sign up for Jedi Training, they also give you 2 FP that can be used for anything).
    Then it was time for our real FP at Star Tours. David rode with Sammie and Lily first, but it scared Lily, so only Sammie would ride the second time with me. David said it was the same old scenes as always, but we got one I've never had before; Hoth sledding and the Gungan fish. We took some more PP pics, and David searched for the light saber some more, but he finally realized the one he was wanting was $120, so he gave up.
    We had lunch reservations at 50's Prime Time, and we got the same waiter we'd had on our last trip, a boring one who is rarely at the table. However, the girl behind us was great, and kept us laughing at her teasing her "cousins." The table behind us had some CMs on their day off, and she asked them where they "made their magic," which I'd never heard them say before. I thought it was much better than "where do you work?" I also learned that female CM pants have very small pockets, so skirts are much more desired by waitresses. Ha! I enjoyed eavesdropping on their conversation.
    Then I remembered that we had the other FP from the Barnstormer issue, so we used it to ride TSM. We got to ride on the new side, which is the same except for the queue and loading area. One of these days I'll actually be able to rival my husband, without having to stop and help a toddler most of the time...
    As we exited, the green army men were walking up and setting up boot camp, so our kids joined in. They learned to march and had a few obstacles set up for them. Lily got some applause for jumping through the hoops. She's much smaller than most kids her age, and often amazes people who think she's 3 (when she's actually 5). Joey got some laughs, because he did everything his own way.
    I was quite happy by this point that our trip was so long. We could do things like this and not feel like we were wasting our money and needing to be hurrying to the next ride or show. And earlier in the trip, when we'd turned down park time for much needed rest and rehab, I didn't feel like all was lost, because we had another week to go.
    While we were in the Pixar area, we saw Moana. The kids weren't sure who she was because we hadn't had time to see the movie before our trip, but the girls warmed uo quickly, as they loved her dress. The sign said 30 minute wait time, but it was mostly for One Man's Dream. We never even stopped walking.
    It was time for our FP for Tower of Terror. Only Sammie would ride, so we child swapped with her. The littles and I found a bag with souvenirs and money in it, and turned it in to the store. When the mom and child showed up to get it, they thanked us over and over. We used the other kid's FPs so each of us got to ride twice. While I enjoy Everest like David and Sammie, this is definitely my favorite ride. Eppy had been getting fussy, so when I rode the last time (by myself, three was enough for Sammie), David let her out of the stroller to play. A family from MI sat down with them and their grown daughter played with our kids. Before they left, the mom gave my kids each a Star Wars Tsum Tsum, which made their day, of course.
    We had dinner reservations at H&V for Minnie's Holiday Vine. I hadn't been amazed by the food at our first meal here, but of course, we were all sick, too. But I kept the ressies because I wanted pics with the characters in their Christmas clothing. Daisy was way off the rotation, so we saw everyone except her very quickly, but had to wait well after finishing our meal for her. Joey was asleep halfway through the meal. I still didn't find much I liked about the food, but the lobster mac & cheese was good, and the desserts were cute. The kids got their fill of self-serve ice cream.
    Our CM was named Bing (he was Asian), and he was super nice, but the guy seated next to him kept calling him "Crosby" and asking him to sing White Christmas, which obviously annoyed him. It was interesting to see how attentive he was to us, and how he rushed through their service. He even offered us drinks to go, and made sure we'd seen everyone before he brought the check.
    By then, both of the younger kids were asleep, and we felt we'd had our fill of DHS, so we headed out of the park. However, I wanted to get a family PP pic in front of the Christmas tree, so we parked the strollers in front of us, and took it with sleeping babies. We had to walk a long way to the car; preferred parking fills up a lot of the closer spots, even if they are empty, but it was still nice to not have to carry kids and strollers, especially with two of them asleep. We decided to drive most of the rest of the trip. We were in bed at 11pm.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice day at DHS

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my Dec trip with all the bus issues. I ended up driving or Ubering (which I know wasn't an option with all the littles.)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Sounds like my Dec trip with all the bus issues. I ended up driving or Ubering (which I know wasn't an option with all the littles.)
    As you will see, so did we. It's too hard to stand and wait forever on a bus with 4 very tired kids, and to fold up strollers over and over again.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day - glad you finally found the bracelet for Sammie!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

So glad after all the running that you tracked down the bracelet for her. The star war's tsum tsums was a great bit of pixie magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    So glad after all the running that you tracked down the bracelet for her.
    I was determined that we weren't leaving without it, because we couldn't even find it online. And it's by far her favorite souvenir.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: