Quantcast Our last first birthday - Part 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our last first birthday - Part 11

Our last first birthday
    We've taken each of our kids to the World for their first birthday. Penelope, aka "Eppy," is our last. We decided to make it super-special, so we're spending two weeks at Disney, with 10 days in the parks.

Cast:
    Susan, (me), 36, 11th trip
    David (DH), 31, 9th trip
    Sammie (DD), 8, 7th trip
    Lily (DD), 5, 5th trip
    Joey (DS), 3, 4th tip
    Eppy (DD), turning 1, 1st trip

Tuesday, December 20
    It was another off day, so we slept in until 8, the longest straight amount of time we'd slept on the trip. We took a boat to the Contemporary, and had the best transportation ride of our trip. Our CM was on the larger side and had very thick black hair. He introduced himself as Chewbacca's cousin, then entertained our kids by singing show tunes. He was well versed, even singing the My Little Pony theme song, when Lily said that was her favorite show. We were the only ones on the boat, and we had a lot of fun joking around. In fact, he remembered us the next day, when we saw him on our way to the MK.
    We checked out the gingerbread Frozen scene at the Contemporary, and then caught the monorail to the Poly. We were looking for a different option for breakfast, getting tired of the same sausage, eggs, and Mickey waffles that we got everywhere. But I completely blanked and thought Captain Cooks was counter service, so once we got there, we ended up eating at Kona Cafe, and had the same old thing. I did try the Tonga toast but didn't like it (I'm not a fan of warm bananas). Again, we threw tons of food away. I've definitely decided the dining plan is a waste of food, even though it did allow us to do lots more character meals than we would've normally done.
    We took the monorail back to the MK and the boat back to the Fort, where I cleaned out the tent and David cleaned out the car. Then we re-organized to start packing up. We still had 2.5 days to go, but didn't want to use park time packing up camp. We did another load of laundry and dried everything that was on the clothesline during the storm. And we just let the kids run and play. Eppy was ecstatic to be out of the stroller and wrap, and she played and played. She'd learned to walk just weeks before our trip, and she was happy to stretch her legs.
    I had planned for us to take a wagon ride to see all the Christmas decorations, but we decided a golf cart would be easier and allow us to see them at our pace, plus it wasn't much more money. So we went to pick it up at 1:20 and then returned to the tent to change into swimming gear. It was quite chilly, but they were determined, so Eppy and I stayed in street clothes and watched while the older kids swam. David fished at the little pond at the Meadows, catching a few crappie. We ate lunch at the pool bar, and the kids swam until 4:30, making friends with one of the lifeguards.
    Then it was showers and a quick joy ride before heading to dinner at 1900 Park Faire. This was by far our worst dining experience. The food was bland and boring, with few options. Other than the strawberry soup, there is nothing I can even remember eating, or wanted to. The characters were extremely slow to arrive. We were completely finished eating before they came to us. However, Drizella was a lot of fun. Anastasia had kissed Joey's autograph book, which made him mad (he was past ready for a nap), so he was pouting. When she found out why, she made a show of kissing his book, too, and then pouted right along with him. It was funny, and made up for a rather mundane meal. We met Cinderella and Prince Charming before leaving, and tried to see Mickey and Minnie in the lobby, but they were finishing up as we got in line. David did catch a picture of just the two of them, though, in their Christmas finery.
    Dinner was way too late for sleepy kids, and both Joey and Lily fell asleep during our decorations tour. We really enjoyed driving around on our own seeing them, and were absolutely amazed at some of the campsites. One had 80 different inflatables on it! And another spread over five different sites, family all together. It was just like being home and driving around to see decorations in our town. We saw almost all of them, giving up because we were just too tired, and were back in the tent at 11:30.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't enjoy 1900 Park Fare. We did a character breakfast once there and it was our best character experience ever. The Mad Hatter was a ball. Glad nobody's sick anymore.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have really enjoyed our breakfast meals there, but dinner left something to be desired. And thank you, I was glad it passed quickly.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Although dinner could have been better it was still a relaxed and fun day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: