Quantcast Disneyland Resort to Expand FASTPASS & Introduce MaxPass

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Disneyland Resort to Expand FASTPASS & Introduce MaxPass

The Disneyland resort has announced more FASTPASS attractions and introduced a new PhotoPass feature:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

... further expansion of Disney FASTPASS {is} coming to two of our most popular attractions — Toy Story Mania in Disney California Adventure park and Matterhorn Bobsleds in Disneyland park! When Disney FASTPASS first launched at Disneyland Resort it was available at four locations, and over the years the number has expanded to a total of 16 attractions with these two new additions.

Later this year, we will launch Disney MaxPass, which will allow guests to maximize their experience by providing unlimited downloads of their high-resolution PhotoPass images and by enabling the convenience of mobile booking and redemption of Disney FASTPASS return times – all by using the Disneyland App. Disney MaxPass will be available for an introductory price of $10 a day. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders also will have the opportunity to purchase Disney MaxPass on a daily or yearly basis.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So, they are trying to say the FP is still free, that you're paying for the photos? Hmmm ... isn't Disneyland a tough (and smart) crowd? How will this be received?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

They said "introductory" price. I wonder how much they plan on increasing it.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    So, they are trying to say the FP is still free, that you're paying for the photos? Hmmm ... isn't Disneyland a tough (and smart) crowd? How will this be received?
    As a local, I can say "not well." Although with the lack of details as to how it will work for AP holders, it might end up being great. The thing is, two tiers of AP currently ALREADY include free photopass downloads, so the rumor is that those passes will also simply include the digital FP. However, no word on cost for other APs to use it.

For the photos, it seems like "too good" of a deal since currently one day's worth of photopass downloads is around $60.

There are too many questions right now that are unanswered and everyone is kind of frustrated that Disney made this announcement and left us hanging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

6. Thanks tinkwest thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

For the photos, it seems like "too good" of a deal since currently one day's worth of photopass downloads is around $60.

This is what made me curious about the final cost when they said "introductory". Right now it seems like a good deal to me when the photos are normally so much more expensive. When they start jacking up the price though, I doubt it will be very enticing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Just to clarify, traditional paper FP will still be free, but in order to use DIGITAL FP, you will have to pay the $10 daily fee for MaxPass. And that is $10 PER PERSON, per day in your group. So a family of four would be $40/day.

Natalie

9. Thanks njespers thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring on FP+, everyone should share in the fun.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Bring on FP+, everyone should share in the fun.
    It's not going to be like FP+. No advance reservations, no choosing more than one at a time, etc. It's literally just a way to save yourself the walk to the attraction to obtain a paper ticket. It's a digitized version of legacy Fastpass. All the same rules apply.

Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

It's not going to be like FP+. No advance reservations, no choosing more than one at a time, etc. It's literally just a way to save yourself the walk to the attraction to obtain a paper ticket. It's a digitized version of legacy Fastpass. All the same rules apply.

I know. I'm saying bring on the FP+... I hope not for californians sake. In fact sounds cool, if we decided to return to DL. Despite not loving DL, we are thinking about trying that version of the food and wine festival just to complete the circuit.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

I know. I'm saying bring on the FP+... I hope not for californians sake. In fact sounds cool, if we decided to return to DL. Despite not loving DL, we are thinking about trying that version of the food and wine festival just to complete the circuit.
    I think the CA food and wine festival last year was better than WDWs. I hit both last year. WDW is obviously larger but the CA version had more interesting foods overall. This year's CA version looks so amazing...more booths and even more great sounding dishes. I can't wait!

Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I think the CA food and wine festival last year was better than WDWs. I hit both last year. WDW is obviously larger but the CA version had more interesting foods overall. This year's CA version looks so amazing...more booths and even more great sounding dishes. I can't wait!

We were going to go, but work interfered at the last moment. Looked good. One of my coworkers made it. We are thinking of staying at a DL resort, might help improve our experience (we were at the doubletree by angels stadium).
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

I just read that this will begin on or about July 19th.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I just read that this will begin on or about July 19th.
    Maybe. That source just keeps throwing dates out there and nothing has happened yet.

I was told by a CM at Disneyland Guest Relations "2 weeks" exactly 18 days ago, so...

Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Parks just made an official announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

... We are excited to announce that Disney MaxPass will launch July 19 at the Disneyland Resort! Disney MaxPass will help guests to maximize their experience at the Disneyland Resort by providing unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from the day, and by enabling the convenience of mobile Disney FASTPASS booking and redemption times while in the theme parks through the Disneyland App. If guests are not already registered for a Disney account, registration is fast and simple. Download the app and follow the prompts to register for an account.

Disney MaxPass will be offered for an introductory price of $10 a day. Guests may purchase Disney MaxPass when they purchase their ticket, or as an add-on through the Disneyland App once they enter either theme park. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders also will have the option of purchasing Disney MaxPass for the life of their current passport for $75. Signature Plus passholders will receive Disney MaxPass at no additional cost, as part of their annual passport entitlement.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I read the new announcement yesterday and just shook my head. To be able to book FP+ on your phone it will cost $10 per day for each person in your party? Absurd, I hope WDW doesn't get any ideas.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I read the new announcement yesterday and just shook my head. To be able to book FP+ on your phone it will cost $10 per day for each person in your party? Absurd, I hope WDW doesn't get any ideas.

It'll be 20 per day at WDW.. They'll improve their profits.. Have to pay for all of the new crazy construction.

I can't imagine the cali crowd taking to this news well. Better move the metal detectors back by the garages..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be 20 per day at WDW.. They'll improve their profits.. Have to pay for all of the new crazy construction.

I can't imagine the cali crowd taking to this news well. Better move the metal detectors back by the garages..
    Here's my prediction: it flops.

First of all, annual pass holders are already at the limit of what they will pay for their passes.

Second of all, it seems like a large majority of non AP guests HAVE NO IDEA HOW FASTPASS WORKS AND THAT IT IS ALREADY FREE. I cannot emphasize this point strongly enough. These people will have no idea how to work this system if they can't already figure out paper FP. And because they think you ALREADY have to pay for FP, and they DON'T use it because of that, they won't use MaxPass either.

The in park WiFi is terrible. Truly.

I give it three months before it is free to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, annual pass holders are already at the limit of what they will pay for their passes.

Second of all, it seems like a large majority of non AP guests HAVE NO IDEA HOW FASTPASS WORKS AND THAT IT IS ALREADY FREE. I cannot emphasize this point strongly enough. These people will have no idea how to work this system if they can't already figure out paper FP. And because they think you ALREADY have to pay for FP, and they DON'T use it because of that, they won't use MaxPass either.

The in park WiFi is terrible. Truly.

I give it three months before it is free to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Can we make it four months so that I get my pictures for only $10 a day?

22. Likes BrerGnat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What constitutes a flop? Only Disney itself will really know the victory conditions on this and all their online tech is a failure at launch, but they double down on it and little upgrades that should've been there on day one are usually eaten up by the masses as great improvements. I wouldn't bet against MaxPass being the ultimate unifier for FastPass for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. One solution to ruin it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    What constitutes a flop? Only Disney itself will really know the victory conditions on this and all their online tech is a failure at launch, but they double down on it and little upgrades that should've been there on day one are usually eaten up by the masses as great improvements. I wouldn't bet against MaxPass being the ultimate unifier for FastPass for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. One solution to ruin it all.
    A flop would be not enough people buying it, and Disney eventually making the fastpass part of it free for everyone. I can see paying for the photos, but not enough people at Disneyland (as a whole) even USE the FASTPASS system as it stands. It's very bizarre to me but many people don't understand how it works and even after finding out it is free, don't use it. Charging $10/day to use it isn't going to go over well. I don't think enough people will buy in.

Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: