Quantcast Disney's Hilton Head Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney's Hilton Head Resort

Hi, we would like any info on this resort...we are considering this for our anniversary this summer! Thanks for any info
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are planning on going during the summer you need to make reservations soon. It is my understanding they book up fast as summer is the busiest time of the year there. We love HHI and the surrounding area. We just returned for our post-Disney relax from our Disney vacation time last Sunday. There is still mayor work cleaning up from the hurricane going on. We did not find anything that we were not able to do, other than the Beach House still being closed and they said they were hopeful that would be corrected "soon".
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

There are a number of dining options within walking distance ant this is a plus. Keep in mind that your are not right on the beach and need to take a shuttle or drive to the beach location.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by txdisneyfanatic View Post
    Hi, we would like any info on this resort...we are considering this for our anniversary this summer! Thanks for any info
    If you're going for your anniversary, be sure you include the celebration. Then watch the resort's TV channel.

Yes, I'm so geeky, I took a picture. And I was so excited that I didn't notice until I got back home that they'd misspelled DH's name.

6. Likes John, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    There are a number of dining options within walking distance ant this is a plus. Keep in mind that your are not right on the beach and need to take a shuttle or drive to the beach location.
    Shuttles come often, it's about a 2-4 minute ride by car, or a leisurely 15 minute bike ride (they rent them there length of stay for a reasonable price). If you are a runner, it's a 5k out and back to the beach house. 2.5k each way.

We loved the resort so much, we moved here to Hilton Head in December.

It's the smallest DVC resort and booking a room in season will be tough, but there are plenty of nice resorts here.

Btw, not being on the beach gives you the best of shelter cove and marsh / water / sunset views, along with access to 2 pools... One at the beach and one at the resort. It's the best of both worlds!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

8. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Beach House wasn't closed when we were there in November, just a few weeks after the hurricane, so if it's closed, that must be scheduled maintenance. Seems about right for this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The Beach House wasn't closed when we were there in November, just a few weeks after the hurricane, so if it's closed, that must be scheduled maintenance. Seems about right for this time of year.
    I should take a ride by there and check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    We were there on Saturday, Jan. 14th and it was closed. They had the shuttle running and told you how to get into the entry on the side as the complete building complex was closed, but they were offering the access to the beach.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

The elevators were out of service on the day we arrived, which poised a big problem for me as my mobility issues makes it very hard to go up and down stairs. They were super, super nice about finding us a location with the absolute least number of stairs for me. It was also an upgrade to a villa instead of the studio we had reserved. This was a very short trip for us and they were not very busy, but I'm still very grateful for the gracious way they handled the situation. BTW the elevator was back up and running by the end our time there.
    Side note to John - I am so jealous of your making the move to HHI, our retirement dream is to move to Bluffton.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    The elevators were out of service on the day we arrived, which poised a big problem for me as my mobility issues makes it very hard to go up and down stairs. They were super, super nice about finding us a location with the absolute least number of stairs for me. It was also an upgrade to a villa instead of the studio we had reserved. This was a very short trip for us and they were not very busy, but I'm still very grateful for the gracious way they handled the situation. BTW the elevator was back up and running by the end our time there.
    Side note to John - I am so jealous of your making the move to HHI, our retirement dream is to move to Bluffton.
    Come on down! The weather is fine!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there on Saturday, Jan. 14th and it was closed. They had the shuttle running and told you how to get into the entry on the side as the complete building complex was closed, but they were offering the access to the beach.
    I was just pointing out that it's not a hurricane issue. All was well just a few days after they opened back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Being on the ground locally, I can say that there isn't much left of the storm except the occasional pile of trees that need to be picked up and carted away. By the time the season rolls around, you won't see any remnants. Businesses are open, the beach looks great after replenishment work that has gone on and the island is open for businesses!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember that the CM warned us that the elevators would be going down for maintenance when we were there in early December. We'd wanted a villa on the third floor of the lodge, and I use a cane, so she told us about that. She also warned us that the elevators had already malfunctioned the previous week and had been out for several hours. Although I said we'd chance it, a possible upgrade sounds great! I know that the last day we were there, a couple checking in, who'd booked a studio, were being upgraded to a 1 BR-maybe that's why! We're also among those who considered retiring to Hilton Head, but we decided that the resort is so much of the draw for us that we'll do as lots of people do there in the winter, just book for a month, check out for a weekend, check back in for another...etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific Resort - One of the more original vacations i have been on in a while.

Its a mix of a beach resort, fishing excursion and wilderness cabin with a Disney flavor..

The cabins are great, you can rent bikes as your transportation for the week and keep them parked in front of your cabin.
    There are many activities and adventures to do around the resort, plus there are "mascots" like Shadow ( a dog) and Blue Crabbe ( a person) . the resort itself also has a pool, and is a very peaceful place.
    PLUS
    You also have access to a Beach House - its a short bike ( or bus) ride away and you have access to a beach house with another pool and private access to the beach. ( beach is public)
    PLUS
    Hilton head island itself has so many things to do, and places to eat - so you can explore the island as well,

I loved it and so did my family, we plan to go again soon
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Our family loves Hilton Head. I think it would be a fantastic place to celebrate your anniversary!
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

So did you decide on the resort? Could you get reservations? I forgot to mention before that it's our favorite DVC resort. DH was a little sheepish when he confessed, the first time we were there, "I think I like this better than WDW." Now so do I.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: