Quantcast Taylor's Royal Room Trip Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylor's Royal Room Trip Day 3

Cast-Me (Amy) 47 years
    Mom-Patty 69 years
    Maranda 22 years-first trip other than one partial day visit to DHS-8 years ago
    Day 3-January 27 Hollywood Studios

We sleep in a little this day and get to the Studios a little after 10. We head off to Rockin Roller Coaster to let Maranda do the single rider line and on the way the Storm Troopers come out in formation. This was so awesome, but we were unprepared and didn't have time to get pictures. When Maranda is done we head over to Great Movie Ride before our lunch ADR at 50's Prime Time. Maranda and I order the sampler plate and mom orders fried chicken. I always note on mom's reservations that she has a shellfish allergy and there has never been a problem before. Mom's food comes out and there are no mashed potatoes. The server said for some reason her allergy was the reason but there is no shellfish in mashed potatoes and after a little wait, they bring out her mashed potatoes out. For dessert Maranda and I do Dad's sundae and mom pineapple upside down cake-Yep the order gets messed up and mom gets the wrong dessert, after a wait they bring out her pineapple upside down cake. By this time, mom decides she doesn't like this restaurant but Maranda and I are happy enough. The chicken and pot roast were good, the meatloaf a little dry and the desserts good but not outstanding. I would go back although I think this park misses the mark with their dining options.

After lunch we use a fastpass for Indiana Jones. Maranda was fascinated but mom and I agree been there and done that it is no longer appealing to us. We cancelled a fast pass for Star Tours because it is a short wait time and we let Maranda do this alone. Afterwards we all go to Muppet 3D. This is so cute but could use an update. We then use a fastpass for Toy Story Mania-I get high score in car and then decide to grab a snack. We get pretzels and cheese from one of the little carts-it's okay nothing special.

My watch stopped working a couple of weeks before we left on vacation, so I decided I would look for a Mickey watch. I looked in shops at DHS and only could find them with clasps. The castmember suggests I look at MK because they have a bigger selection. I keep looking down at my magic band for the time, just can't get used to no watch.

We then make our way down the park and use our fastpass for Fantasmic. When I see the line I am glad I changed fastpasses from Star Tours to this. Once again Maranda is totally fascinated and it's really cool experiencing this with someone who's never seen it. If I haven't mentioned before Maranda is a little challenged and is really like a 10 to 12 year old girl in many ways. So it's like experiencing everything with a child. After Fantasmic we decide we are too tired to stay for the fireworks. We head to the bus stop but can still see and hear a good bit of the Starwars fireworks, they are really neat. We go back to the resort and eat at the Foodcourt for dinner. We are all disappointed. I got a seafood platter-pretty gross-undercooked fried tomatoes, strong fishy tasting shrimp, very greasy, the fries were good though. Mom and Maranda got sandwiches they were really dry but the homemade chips were good. Should have done the make your own pasta but those lines were long-When we got our receipts it said see front desk for entitlement balance. For several days after that it showed us with more CS credits than we should have. I finally called the front desk to find they billed our meals to the room instead of taking them off the dining plan. We all paid separately that night, so obviously the resort was having a problem. I got it corrected and they took it off my room bill and charged it on the dining plan. We did get to see Yee Haw Bob for a few minutes he is really good.

Side Note-Maranda offered a lady on the bus the first night her seat and they became fast friends. I cannot remember her name but she is a school teacher in Houston TX. We ran into her at the food court and a couple of other places after that and she always gave us hugs. It's cool meeting nice people and making friends like that.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What an interesting (challenging) food day. I wonder what they thought the issue was with the mashed potatoes?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Based on your report, I'm glad that I'm only doing a 1/2 day at DHS. I'm not a roller coaster person, and Star Tours is one of the rides I can't ride comfortably anymore.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know they also brought out the red potatoes at Coral Reef instead of mashed, mom decided to try them and liked them so it worked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we probably would have only done a half day but Maranda had never seen Fantasmic so we stayed for it. The only long lines were Toy Story and Rocking Roller Coaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Maranda is having a wonderful trip even if you are running into some issues with dining.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Really our issues mainly involve mom's allergies. She asked me next time not to put it on the reservations because she knows what she can and can't eat. I'm not so sure because there are some hidden items I wouldn't have though about. We had really good service this trip, they did everything they could to keep us happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sort of LOL about your comment about the watch. I wore a watch for most of my life and then a few years ago got out of the practice after my favorite watch broke. Well then I got a fitbit and realized I was using it constantly as my watch. Now Fitbit is broken and I'm right back with ya, constantly looking at my arm for the time.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I'm sort of LOL about your comment about the watch. I wore a watch for most of my life and then a few years ago got out of the practice after my favorite watch broke. Well then I got a fitbit and realized I was using it constantly as my watch. Now Fitbit is broken and I'm right back with ya, constantly looking at my arm for the time.
    yes it was driving me crazy. I've always worn a watch even as a teenager. I had a Mickey Mouse watch years ago I think I bought at Walmart so this is my first one bought in the parks.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: