Quantcast Taylor's Royal Room Trip Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylor's Royal Room Trip Day 4

Cast-Me (Amy) 47 years
    Mom-Patty 69 years
    Maranda 22 years-first trip other than one partial day visit to DHS-8 years ago
    Day 4-January 28 Epcot

We also decided to sleep in a bit this day and got to the park around 1030, headed to WS to look in Canada and UK and grab an early lunch. We were lucky enough to catch Alice and Mary Poppins so Maranda got autographs and pictures with both. My son likes long sleeved t-shirts and I was on the look out in the UK pavilion but there weren't many long sleeved options-there were some other cool shirts-like Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Who, Rolling Stones, and Beatles so I will have to call him and see if he would like one of those. Mom has a Beatles t-shirt from here she's almost worn out so she buys another just like it plus a different Beatles t-shirt. We then head over to the Yorkshire fish shop and get fish n chips. These are soooo good. We see Maranda's teacher friend and she says they are about to head home.

Next we return to Future World and use fastpass for Spaceship Earth, the Land and Soarin. There were technical difficulties with the land and we wait about 20 minutes before they get it going again and lose part of the audio through the first areas of plants, no big deal we have plenty of time. The day before we noticed mom's scooter started running out of juice and we barely made it back to the room. We've always used Apple scooters and they usually can last a 12 hour day. We always charge it overnight. Today after about 5 hours we start having problems we find an outlet and let the scooter charge for about 20 minutes so we can make it over to the Seas. Once again we barely make it. We head over to Coral Reef early and I go inside and call Apple while mom and Maranda go ride the Seas with Nemo. After I explain the problem, the guy says he'll have his driver call me. The driver calls and says you have to charge it more than 20 minutes. I tell him we charged it overnight and it was only 5 hours before it starting dying, we only charged it 20 minutes to get back across the park. He says oh it should last longer than that but it will take me about an hour to get there. No problem we'll be here eating.

Coral Seas is the one restaurant we worried about because of mixed reviews. First off, I ordered a pina colova, it is refreshing and yummy. Mom and Maranda order steaks and I ask our server for a suggestion and she says, Salmon without hesitation so that's what I ordered. Wow, it was some of the best salmon I've ever eaten and mom and Maranda's steaks were some of the best we've eaten in a while. We all had vanilla panna cotta with key lime for dessert and it was great. Mom's favorite dessert this trip. After dinner I wait with the scooter until Apple shows up with a replacement scooter. Mom swears it's not the same type but a smaller one but it has plenty of juice so we go to look at Mouse Gears before finding a spot to watch Illuminations. We noticed that the scooter will keep moving after you let go of the controls-not supposed to do that and sometimes it just shoots off-going to have to be careful with this one.

At the bus stop we encounter our first and only rude Cast Member this trip. Every other park we'd visited had a clearly marked gate and spot for scooters and wheelchairs and also people directing you after park closing. When we got to the stop, the handicapped area was blocked off and there was a long line. I tell mom I guess we'll go through the line, she says I think I'll park off to the side because they won't see me and I don't want to get that close to anybody with this scooter. If I have to wait for another bus then fine. A bus pulls up and everyone loads and I point out my mom. The driver says it's too late now I didn't see her so she'll have to wait for the next bus, I say fine where does she wait the handicap entrance is blocked off, he says right here at the front of the line will be fine they will see her. This bus leaves and another gentlemen on a scooter arrives and shoots through the line and goes around to where the handicap spot is and parks there. About this time a castmember arrives with a directing wand and I hear him tell the gentleman a bus is on the way and he'll make sure he is loaded up first. I walk over and say excuse me, I just wanted to point out my mom she needs to be loaded too. We were here first and the handicapped spot is blocked off so the last bus driver told her to park over there. He says well you were supposed to go through the line and then enter through on the second row like he did and he wasn't nice about it but very condescending. I said well we didn't know because it was blocked off the line was full and we couldn't see another entrance and nobody was here to tell us. He says well I tell you how this is going to go, he will get on first because he did it right. By this time my mom came over and was trying to explain as well, he walked over to the line and with exaggerated sweeping motions said do you see this, this is where you should have gone. Mom turned her head and said well fine I'll wait for the next bus. The guy then says hey you want to argue with me or what, mom didn't hear it but I did. I told mom just relax I'll handle it later.

When the bus driver pulled up he was able to load both mom and the other man, mom spoke with the other scooter driver and he said the only way he knew where to go was they had been there another day and found out then. Mom was humiliated by the guy at the bus stop and I caught her crying, I am very mad now. When we get to the room I call the customer service line and she gives me a website to go to, my phone dies and I never can get on. I remembered the rude cast members name and tell mom I will make a complaint later, we are tired so go ahead and turn in. Mom says I'm sorry I cried but I was humiliated he embarrassed me in front of all those people. GRRRRR.....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad a jerk cast member ruined your Mother's Day. There is no excuse for such rudeness!

Thanks for your restaurant reviews!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We tried renting from Apple too, but they wouldn't hold a charge for the full day. It is so frustrating! We use another company now. The bus sounds crazy, it most definitely the most challenging part of using the ECV.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that your dinner was good at Coral Reef. Were you seated near the aquarium?

So sorry that cast member was rude. Please report them, so they can get some more training.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

I know, nobody wants to see their mom cry.

Post Thanks / Like

We think we might try Buena Vista next time. We saw a lot of rentals from there and some people told mom they were very good to work with. Apple did come out and switch the scooters but I got the feeling he wasn't happy about it.

Post Thanks / Like

We were seated on the upper tier but could still see the aquarium fine. We did finally report the cast member after a cast member urged us to.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had a bad interaction that put a sour end to your day. Your dinner at Coral Reef sounds like it was very good.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

10. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    We think we might try Buena Vista next time.
    That is who I am using for my trip at the end of April. I'll definitely have a review of them in my trip report.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

12. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media: