Quantcast Taylor's Royal Room Trip Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylor's Royal Room Trip Day 5

Cast-Me (Amy) 47 years
    Mom-Patty 69 years
    Maranda 22 years-first trip other than one partial day visit to DHS-8 years ago
    Day 5-January 28 Animal Kingdom

We awaken to a wet rainy Sunday morning and put our Ponchos on before heading to the Animal Kingdom. Once again we opted to arrive a little later and go straight to our 1130 am lunch ADR at Rainforest Café. Maranda is really fascinated by this place and we take some pictures with the animated animals. We place our orders with mom getting the Rasta Pasta (alfredo), me getting an Asian trio special they have going and Maranda ordering Pastalaya. She asks if its spicy and the server tells her yes but she orders anyway. Maranda's been having reflux issues on this trip and we ask if she's sure, she says yes I think it will be okay. Mom and I enjoy our meals but the portions are huge and Maranda decides her pasta is too spicy so she finishes off mom's leftovers. Desserts are nothing special but we are full anyway so we head out to the gift shop. I find a really cute t-shirt that says old people rock and I buy this for my Dad. Maranda gets a tank t-shirt and I think mom buys something as well. On the way out of the restaurant a castmember stops mom and asks for her email to send us a survey. Mom talks to her for a while and tells her about the bus experience the previous day. She encourages her to go tell this to our hotel concierge.

We go see Tough to Be a Bug, we all love this and then go to Dinoland and mom and Maranda ride the Tyrosaurus Rex? Maranda decides Everest is too scary for her so we head over to the Festival of the Lion King. We have fast pass for this and the safari which we do next. We got some great shots of the animals. We look in some shops, Maranda gets in line to meet Goofy and Pluto and then we head over to Flame Tree for an early dinner before heading back to the room. I had ribs, mom had pulled pork and I think Maranda got the combo. The food is good and portions huge and as a bonus a small parade starts and we are able to watch while we eat.

Mom stops in and talks to concierge who says they will have a transportation supervisor call her. The supervisor tells mom he thinks he knows who it is even before she tells him his name. Tells me the guy has a reputation. The supervisor apologizes and says that is not the Disney way but that's the last we hear about it. I go to the laundry and wash some clothes and am surprised about how big this laundry is compared to the last one I used at Disney. It is also very clean. It only takes an hour and a half and I am back in the room getting ready for bed.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you made the most out of a rainy day. Hope your mom felt better after knowing her complaint was heard.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She was hesitant to complain but I told her he might treat someone else the same way. I forgot to add the rain let up while we were eating lunch so while everything was still wet, we didn't have to wear the ponchos anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made the most out of your day! Also glad to hear that you reported that cast member. He needs some more training (at best), re-assignment, or to be let go (at worst). Especially if he has a history.

I think Animal Kingdom is one of the better parks for the rain. The animals seem to like it.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

8. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Disney is not the place for that kind of attitude. He should be working where he is not interacting with the guests.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: