Quantcast Taylor's Royal Room Trip Day 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylor's Royal Room Trip Day 7

Cast-Me (Amy) 47 years
    Mom-Patty 69 years
    Maranda 22 years-first trip other than one partial day visit to DHS-8 years ago
    Day 7-January 31 Magic Kingdom

We awoke early for what would be our last full day at DW. We caught the bus to MK and got there early. I had made an appointment for Maranda to get pixie dust put in her hair at Harmony Barber Shop and while they waited for the shop to open I went down to the Main St. jewelry store to wait for it to open and look for a watch. I was shown some watches with a clasp and I asked if they had a slip on bracelet type watch. She said no, but said wait we do have this expanded band watch. I tried it on and it was perfect. At only $85 I was the proud owner of a Mickey Mouse watch. Mom and Maranda show up both with pixie dust in their hair and say they didn't even charge us. I asked if they tipped, mom said oh no I'll be right back LOL. We decided to stop for some Starbucks and then head down to Frontierland. Big Thunder was down and they said try back later so we headed over to Adventureland. We didn't need our Pirates FP so I cancelled it and picked up a character meet for later for Maranda. After Pirates we used our Jungle Cruise FP and then headed back to Frontierland for Maranda to ride Big Thunder Mountain. We ate at Columbia House and again we were kind of disappointed with CS. Their fish used to be closer to the UK type but it is totally different now and you can't just get a fish plate but have to get fish and chicken. We aren't a big fan of their chicken nuggets. I wished I had tried the tuna fish sandwich instead, not quite as heavy. After lunch we decide to go over and wait for the new Muppet show. We look in the Christmas store a bit before the show. The show was cute and afterwards we used our Fast Pass for Haunted mansion. This is still my favorite ride, Maranda is a little leery of this one. Afterwards I take Maranda down to where the Pooh character meet is while mom stays behind looking in shops. They are ending one meet and greet and it will be two hours before the next. We decide to see if Gaston is out instead. He is indeed but there is a little wait. Mom shows us and we have a snack from his tavern, chocolate croissants. Not bad. Maranda finally gets to meet Gaston and did I mention he is hilarious. He asks her where she's from, she says, Mississippi. He says okay enough about you, let's talk about me LOL! I think Maranda was a little enamored because he asked if she had been to his tavern, she says no and then goes wait yes. We got some great pictures here!

We then head over to the character meet with Fiona and Rapunzel that I got a FP for. I didn't notice there were two sides and Cinderella was on one side. After we were done, Maranda saw this and said can we do that one too? The wait time posted is 15 minutes, we still have to pick up snacks using our leftover 16 snack credits at the candy store and catch the monorail for our Ohana ADR, we have an hour and a half so I say sure. Mom goes with her while I wait outside. After 20 minutes I look up and see the wait time has changed to 30 minutes, 10 minutes later it says 45 minutes, still waiting. A few minutes later it says wait time 110 minutes so I text mom who's says we're still waiting. After an hour I text them and say we better hurry or we'll miss our ADR. They come out and mom say's we were next. I wish they had waited but she said she knew I would be upset if we missed our ADR. Oh well, maybe she'll catch her another time. I look up and the posted wait time is now back to 25 minutes. Yeah right! We boogie down to the candy store and pick up some candy for my son and Maranda's brother plus we each select 4 items. I love those mammoth pecan caramel pecan clusters and use all mine on those. Mom and Maranda get their candy and we rush over to the monorail. We somehow make it to Ohana with 15-20 minutes to spare. I wish we'd waited so Maranda could meet Cinderella. Ohana was fabulous. We didn't seem to get very many veggies with our meals so when the salad came out I think we each ate 3-4 bowls. Everything else was wonderful as usual and their bread pudding to die for. Maranda got up and got us leis and we watched the kids do their coconut race. Once again we had a wonderful server, I do remember his name was cousin Roy. We returned to POR and picked up our final packages and packed up as much as possible. Some things were loaded into the car and we got everything else ready to go the following morning. By this time we are so tired and I did not sleep well because of the beds so in some ways I was ready to go home. However, the last night is always kind of sad because you don't know when you'll be back or at least we don't. After washing up we turn in for the night.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrific trip!! You have clearly provided some wonderful memories for Maranda!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

4. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day - except for that crazy growing wait time! I still haven't been able to meet Gaston ... maybe the next trip!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

6. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: