Quantcast Taylor's Royal Room Trip-Return Home and Final Thoughts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taylor's Royal Room Trip-Return Home and Final Thoughts

Cast-Me (Amy) 47 years
    Mom-Patty 69 years
    Maranda 22 years-first trip other than one partial day visit to DHS-8 years ago
    February 2, 2017

We get up shower and partake of the hotel's breakfast then head out. As I've mentioned a few times in my report I didn't sleep well due to the bed situation at POR so fatigue is catching up with me. I drink several cups of coffee and about 3 hours into the return drive fall asleep and run off the road slightly, mom asks if I'm okay and I say yes, after it happens again we decide to stop and let her drive and me catch a nap. Don't need an accident returning home from Disney. I fall asleep and when I awaken next my mom is saying oh no traffic is backed up. We are in Mobile which is only about an hour and half from home. There is a detour which takes us 45 minutes out of the way. We find out later a construction crane fell onto the highway. After getting through the detour mom and Maranda say they have to stop to potty. We are tired and hungry but I decide I can wait until we hit Mississippi to go so I take over driving and in no time we are stopping and eating at Cracker Barrel. The drive home is uneventful but we have to unpack that night because the next day we have to drive up to pick up our fur baby. His dog sitter is 4 hours away. Mom drives up and I drive back the next day. He is so happy to see us. The next day we have to go grocery shopping because we are out of milk, bread, all the staples. So I only get one full day to rest before going back to work. I am slowly catching up on my sleep. My son and his girlfriend like their stuff as does Maranda's younger brother. We had a pretty good trip, I'll list the cons first so I can end with a positive note.

Trip Cons:

Bad mattress and a/c problems in room

Bad Cast Member at Epcot

Overall less than stellar Counter Service Meals

Disappointment there is no longer a night parade in MK

A few scooter issues

A few traffic snafus

My Health-I am a pooh sized person and I've done pretty good getting around in the parks with exceptions of some feet blisters in the past. This trip really took it's toll on me and opened my eyes. I really need to lose some weight and get in shape. We are already working on that. Since we've done so much walking we figure we need to keep the activity up and we are trying to cook a little bit healthier too.

Trip Highlights:

It was really fun seeing Disney through the eyes of a first time visitor and I haven't had this much character interaction since my son was little. Gaston in particular was a hoot, but all the characters were wonderful. We got lots of pictures.

TS meals were all good. Some were outstanding even, we didn't have a bad meal the whole trip. Mom had some issues with her allergy limitations but the food itself was all good.

Service was top-notch, we had excellent wait staff at TS restaurants, great mousekeepers, bus drivers, friendly cast members in shops and at our resort and the only complaint I can make here is the one guy at the Epcot bus stop.

Crowds were bigger than I thought they would be for this time of year but still slower than what we're used to during Christmas holidays. I think it was mostly because of the new Epcot Arts Festival. Really only a few attractions had bad waits and we got FP+ for those so it all worked out.

There seems to be a lot of construction going on which really wasn't a problem for us and means there will be some new things coming. Wish Rivers of Light and Pandora were open already but maybe we can come back in a few years.

The weather was near perfect one kind of warm day and one rainy morning was all we had to deal with.

The coffee has improved so much! Not only can you get Starbucks but they seem to have replaced the Nescafe with the Joffrey's brand and it is so much better, we were happy with coffee this time round.

Maranda-She was so happy we caught her skipping and singing and clapping like a little girl. Well, I guess we all feel this way at Disney World. Thanks for reading our trip reports and I hope we come back one day. We are discussing some alternate vacation plans for a change. In the meantime I'll still check in and out, can't seem to cure this addiction so who knows. Thanks again. Amy.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes eam, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing - I enjoyed reading along. What a wonderful trip, despite the few bumps.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

5. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you shared your trip with us! I enjoyed reading it.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

7. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for writing up your reports it was really very special what you did for Maranda and I think you were rewarded for your kindness by witnessing some very special moments that both she and you and your mom won't forget.

Good luck with your goals to get healthy, it's a tough struggle but the walking really helps!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I've really enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks for posting them!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

10. Thanks MississippiDisneyFreak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Thanks for writing up your reports it was really very special what you did for Maranda and I think you were rewarded for your kindness by witnessing some very special moments that both she and you and your mom won't forget.

Good luck with your goals to get healthy, it's a tough struggle but the walking really helps!
    Her Grandmother said it was a total fairytale for her. She really needed to feel special, it does feel good seeing someone so happy.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: