Quantcast Just got the premier Disney visa, is it worth it.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got the premier Disney visa, is it worth it.

Just wondering how much and where will be saving at wdw with this card. Plan on using to pay for everything before we go on trip in sept. So am asking for pro or con on your experience with this card at wdw.
    TRACEY

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the card. It helps, but it will take some time. At 1 and 2% of what you purchase, it does take awhile for the "Free Disney money" to add up. Make sure you go to EPCOT and get your Visa photo.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

There are some shopping discounts. I think it's 10% off purchases of $50 or more at select locations. The whole list of in park benefits is on the credit card rewards site.

We have had the Premiere card for a few years. We use it to charge all our monthly expenses and average around $900 rewards dollars each year. We use it towards the purchase of our Disneyland APs. I like it. Works well for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We've had Disney card since the start. We don't use it for everything but usually bigger purchases. We tend to visit WDW every other year and generally end up with about $300 in points as a nice bonus for vacation. It pays for a few meals.

The other discounts as mentioned by Nat are nice. If I recall correctly we used to be able to get a discount at our local Disney Store but that's been long gone. We tend to rely on vacation club discounts for purchases.

The one tip I could give you if you are using it at WDW or DL and staying on property is to charge your purchases to your room then use your Chase points card as an offset. Its far easier than trying to use the card on the fly as it's not accepted at all places. However you can always apply it to your room bill.

Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We have the Premier Card and we run nearly everything through that card and pay the balance off each week. The reward dollars build up pretty quickly. When planning our trip if we do any tours or special parties we use the premier card to pay for it ahead of time and get the discounts and also earn more disney dollars at the same time although some things do not qualify for the discount so be aware of that. We also use disney reward dollars for extras while at disney such as meals, tours, carriage rides, souvenirs, etc. We went to Disneyland in 2014 with about $475 on the books and used the dollars for all our meals and souvenirs. Had about $200 left on the books after that trip. Went to Disneyland this past November and had about $800 on the books. Since we have returned we have earned another $80 probably. Can't say enough good things about the card if used properly.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Almost forgot to mention that we also use the card to make payments on our trips and then pay off a week later and earn reward dollars on that too.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We have saved money on tours, food and gifts. We go to WDW every two years and are heading down the first week in May. As of this morning, we have $1,527 worth of points to use.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

*IF* you have someone going to college - run all tuition and expenses through the card... when you do... you get enough "points" for a free annual pass for four years straight...

...just saying... glad there is no more college bills, but sad I have to pay for my pass on my own now
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

We got 15% off: La Nouba tickets, "Behind the seeds" tour, segway tour, then 10% at couple of the restaurants. So I carry it around and ask before I put the bill on the room charge. Enjoy it.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we don't use it for discounts. We use it for the reward points, which are $$$ to spend at Disney. We went in September, and had about $400 to spend. We're heading back next week and have about $350 to spend. If we wait a year inbetween trips, it's really nice to have all of those points.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: