Quantcast Critique my dining plans

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Critique my dining plans

I want the good, the bad and definitely the ugly. I will have a large group, so I want to be as prepared for the bad ahead of time as I can be.

Things to keep in mind, There will be kids as young as 2 and retired people, so I have planned an afternoon break time at the resort every day between lunch and dinner. Some of our dinners are not inside the parks we are visiting that day, but since we are coming from the resort, that didn't seem like an issue to me. There is a mix of veteran park goers and noobies. We have some picky eaters and at least one foodie. I know I can't please everyone all of the time, but I wanted to make it so that one type of person isn't giving all the time.

We don't stay together in the parks, so I always plan at least one sit down meal each day for family time.

Saturday - Fly in landing about 2 pm.
    Late Lunch/early dinner at Trex - 6 year old boy and 40+ female both love dinosaurs
    We plan to do a little shopping at Disney Springs and then move over to the Boardwalk for evening entertainment.
    Dinner will be The Kitchen Sink. (I know - very, very healthy, but hey, we're at Disney and it's one of the few things everyone agrees they want.)

Sunday - Epcot
    Princess Storybook Dining for Breakfast - several little girls and little girls at heart in the group.
    The Food & Wine Festival will be going on, so we'll just graze the rest of the day.

Monday - Hollywood Studios
    Starring Rolls is gone. I am so sad.
    Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine with the Disney Jr crew. I hear it is the in thing for little ones nowadays.
    Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe - my son's fiance LOVES ketchup. I can't wait!
    We will watch the Star Wars fireworks this night, since we have a few HUGE Star Wars fans.

Tuesday - Wedding Day
    You can't book weddings until 9 months out, so this is tentative at this point. The plan is for a brunch wedding. Then visits to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that night.
    Dinner in the castle by request of the bride. Hoping I can score this ADR. (no pressure, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?? )

Wednesday - Magic Kingdom
    Breakfast - Crystal Palace A Unanimous must do from my kids.
    Dinner - Be Our Guest. I really hope we get the Library.

Thursday - epcot
    Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo

"Hoop Dee Doo. Hoop Dee Doo
    I hear a polka and my troubles are through"

Friday - Hollywood Studios
    Dinner - Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose. None of the veteran park goers are too excited about this show, but they all agree we need to see it for the new people. Using the Dinner Package will make it easier for us, since we won't have to stand in line with young kids and elderly people. We also won't tie up the fastpasses for those who will be repeatedly riding Star Tours.

Saturday - Animal Kingdom
    Breakfast - Tusker House - I tried this my last trip and really enjoyed the character interaction. I think it is the best place for everyone to see the classic Disney characters.
    Dinner - Paddlefish - Requested by the foodie couple. Since everything else is pretty much generic theme park food, I really wanted to fit this restaurant in somewhere. Hopefully it will get good reviews as people start eating there.

Sunday - Flying out
    Breakfast - Best Friends breakfast at O'hana. No one has been here yet. Lilo and Stitch sounded like a good way to start our last day before heading to MK for the last few hours.

I will be sad to see everyone leave, but I'm sure I'll be ready for some downtime. I'll be staying a few extra days before and after the main group to maintain my sanity. :P I haven't quite decided where I will be eating on those days except wanting to do the Build Your Own Pasta station at Port Orleans and returning to Shutters at Caribbean Beach Resort. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sounds like you've got it all under control! I can't imagine planning for that many ppl! We were there this year for Food and Wine and the weather was perfect....going again this year in November! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from Epcot and it was my husbands first time at a Disney park.(we just got married in June...belated honeymoon. We fell in Love with LA Cantina San Angelo in the Mexican pavilion. Nachos fed both of us and we still had leftovers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Heather Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Kitchen Sink is awesome! My daughter used to work at Beaches & Cream. A word of caution being a Sunday night the Food & Wine Festival could be very busy (since you will have children) I wanted to mention that. All three times we went it was very crowded with long lines for the food samples.. Storybook breakfast is great we have been twice. Love the character meals at Crystal Palace. Have only done lunch at BORG. Loved it! It has been a long time since we did Hoop De Doo Revue. But it was great when we went. Loved the food and the entertainment was great. Breakfast at Ohana is a lot of fun. My daughter took her giant Stitch to get it signed when we were ther in November. Lilio kept taking it and walking around the restaraunt. We had a great time. Hope you enjoy all your meals. You have several we have never tried.

6. Likes heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing that you are staying on-property? If so, as soon as you hit the 180-day mark from the start of your stay, call the Disney Dining number 407-WDW-DINE. Make your ADR through them for Dinner on the wedding day and make sure to mention it. I'd start with that ressie first since it is the most important.

Taken from the Intercot Advanced Dining page:
    "The majority of the restaurants within Disney World take Advanced Dining Reservations 180 days in advance. .... If there is an experience you cannot miss, be sure to start dialing at 7:00 a.m. EST (when the office opens) and EXACTLY 180 days before the day you would like to have your meal. Dining slots have been known to "sell out" by 7:05 (and no, we're not kidding)."
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Euby View Post
    ITaken from the Intercot Advanced Dining page:
    "The majority of the restaurants within Disney World take Advanced Dining Reservations 180 days in advance. .... If there is an experience you cannot miss, be sure to start dialing at 7:00 a.m. EST (when the office opens) and EXACTLY 180 days before the day you would like to have your meal. Dining slots have been known to "sell out" by 7:05 (and no, we're not kidding)."
    We were there for 12 days in November and at our 180 day mark we were able to make all the reservations for the first ten days of our trip. Then the next morning we were able to make the reservations for the final two days.

Sounds like you have a well planned trip! Also Ohana's on the last morning is a great way to wind down your Disney visit! We did that in November and loved it!
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Hoop Dee Doo is too long of a show for small children?

Post Thanks / Like

You have some really great options.....I remember you said you were staying at Coronado Springs? When we stayed there last time, we had a really great breakfast at Las Ventanas. It is a small restaurant located near the food court there and we were pleasantly surprised. (I think there is a review on here also)

Hope you enjoy your trip.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this would be a great place for breakfast the morning of the wedding. I was wondering how to fit food in while the girls all get ready.

Post Thanks / Like

We've done the Princess Breakfast at Norway in Epcot, very good princess interaction you will have very happy little girls. Food is good too. We love Be Our Guest dinner, be sure and get a strawberry cupcake. Whispering Canyon is good, not gourmet but if you get a good server should be fun. Not really familiar with any of the others. We've eaten at Crystal Palace for dinner and it was good and good character interaction. Good luck with the ressies.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

The Coronado Springs DOES have great food!!! I would opt for that place for sure! I didnt see how many were in your party. We have 7 with 5 of them kids and we cant get into beaches and cream with our size of group to have a kitchen sink.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD