Quantcast New Walt Disney World Transportation System?: Updated 4/18/17 with Confirmed Plans - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    The "resort fee" has always been there, really, if you compare prices with similar accomodations off property (at least at WDW). Just like you used to pay for your bags on a plane before too, since that was clearly baked into the price. Adding in these junk fees is simply a way to disguise price increases.
    But most other non Disney resorts do not bake it in so this makes Disney's prices look higher. The same for Southwest Airlines. Depending on how many bags you bring it can be a lot more on other airlines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by williamabutler View Post
    But most other non Disney resorts do not bake it in so this makes Disney's prices look higher. The same for Southwest Airlines. Depending on how many bags you bring it can be a lot more on other airlines

The problem with this is that Disney does not provide the same quality of hotel as other places do for the same price. If they start adding on extra charges, you are paying more for less at a Disney hotel.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    The problem with this is that Disney does not provide the same quality of hotel as other places do for the same price. If they start adding on extra charges, you are paying more for less at a Disney hotel.
    I would agree with that but people expect them to be more expensive just like Universal's. They do offer other perks that make the rooms worth more such as FP+, Magical Express, Charging privileges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by williamabutler View Post
    I would agree with that but people expect them to be more expensive just like Universal's. They do offer other perks that make the rooms worth more such as FP+, Magical Express, Charging privileges.

While I respect that those perks may make it worth more to you, that is not necessarily true for everyone. I truly dislike FP+, and I could do without charging privileges. Magical Express is a nice way to start my time off in Florida with a Disney touch, but it really would be easier to just walk out and get a taxi.
    Duriing our very first visit, we stayed concierge level at the Polynesian. Concierge was not very helpful for us at all. I wound up having to make all of our reservations. They couldn't tell us where to find a tour we had booked. (We never did find it.) I am not really sure why they are even there. The only good part about it was that the three teenage boys could go in and get food whenever they wanted to fill their endless pit stomachs. When I contrast that to the Westin Kierland here (which we have stayed at frequently to enjoy the lazy river), it comes up very, very short. All I have to do is walk near the desk, and the Westin staff will offer recommendations, make my reservations, do what I need to have done to make my stay as pleasant as possible.
    I'm not a big fan of the Deluxes at Disney World. They have a lot of hype and very little delivery, except Animal Kingdom Lodge. AKL was outstanding in everything. FP+, Magical Express, and charging privileges do not make up for not doing your job properly.

Post Thanks / Like

**Update**

New Permit added above
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

7. Likes Dulcee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

It appears the the local Orlando Media has obtained further documents from the Reedy Creek Improvement District that confirm the plans for the new transportation system:

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Sentinel

Disney World gondolas would connect parks, hotels, documents confirm

by Sandra Pedicini
    The Orlando Sentinel
    April 18, 2017

... Documents obtained by the Orlando Sentinel from the Disney-controlled Reedy Creek Improvement District confirm the resort has been planning the project, which has been rumored for months.

Reedy Creek notes refer to six stations with three lines linking Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Caribbean Beach Resort and the lakeside area between Pop Century and the Art of Animation resorts.

Each cab would hold 10 occupants.

Notes also indicate European manufacturer Doppelmayr would be the gondola vendor. The Doppelmayr/Garaventa group describes itself as the world’s leading builder of ropeways, cable cars and ski lifts. Doppelmayr representatives could not be reached for comment.

Reedy Creek administrator John Classe declined to comment. Disney would not answer questions, but released this statement: “We are always looking to explore new transportation options that will make the resort experience even more magical for guests. We’re excited about our future plans on this front and look forward to sharing details at a later date.”

Disney and Reedy Creek have tried to keep the project, referred to as “The Italian Job,” under wraps.

One project manager said in a February email that a permit associated with the aerial tramway “is public record but very low risk of being pulled.” Walt Disney Imagineering executive Joe Parinella then responded, “unfortunately, it is no longer perceived as being low risk so I am overly cautious.”

Cities using aerial tramways for mass transit include La Paz, Bolivia; Caracas, Venezuela; and Cali, Colombia. In other places, such as in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam, cable cars are tourist attractions. Proposed networks include SkyLift, which would link attractions around a Cleveland lakefront, and a New York State Fairgrounds system.

The cable cars take up little space on the ground and cost less than building new roads or a fixed rail, Brandes said.

“It’s interesting technology because it’s very durable,” he said. “Just think of a gondola on the slopes or Alps getting whipped by wind.”

The vehicles continuously circulate, arriving at stations at a frequency ranging from 10 seconds to every minute, according to a Georgetown report on the technology. As ridership increases, additional cabins can be added. Capacities range from 800 to 3,000 people per hour, per direction.

Numerous road improvements, including an overpass over the Magic Kingdom tollbooths, are also underway.
    As noted in the article, neither the Walt Disney World resort nor the Reedy Creek Improvement District would comment to the media with regard to the disclosed documents.

As with all plans of this nature, expectations should be tempered with the precedent that Disney can cancel or change plans at multiple stages in the development process--otherwise I'll see you at Hyperion Wharf, the Spain pavilion in World Showcase, David Copperfield's Magic Underground at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's America Theme Park.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

9. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    otherwise I'll see you at Hyperion Wharf, the Spain pavilion in World Showcase, David Copperfield's Magic Underground at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's America Theme Park.
    lol

Post Thanks / Like

This bums me out! I love CBR and it's our go to moderate when we want to save some money. I would hate to see the price go up too much. The extra transportation would be a welcomed addition, just not sure how much I would be willing to pay for a moderate regardless of transportation options. I guess we shall see......
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

12. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: