Quantcast Turndown service in DVC room?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turndown service in DVC room?

In the past (when we've remembered) we have requested turndown service when staying at deluxe resorts. We will be staying at the poly in a DVC studio on member points next week. Can we request turndown service or is this not an available option for DVC? Thanks!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked everywhere I could think of on the member site and see nothing about turndown service being offered at a cost.

Keep in mind, on points you will not be getting housekeeping either other than Trash and Towel on days 4 and full cleaning on Day 7. If you are interested it can be purchased:For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:
    • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
    • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
    • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
    • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
    • Deluxe Studio: $15 per day requested
    • 1-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
    • 2-Bedroom Villa: $25 per day requested
    • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $35 per day requested
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 02-20-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Those costs are correct and we never do it bc its offensively pricey. This is the one thing I don't like about DVC is that we lose housekeeping and I dont really understand why. I love having my bed made but I can't see paying these charges.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    Those costs are correct and we never do it bc its offensively pricey. This is the one thing I don't like about DVC is that we lose housekeeping and I dont really understand why. I love having my bed made but I can't see paying these charges.
    Here's why there are limited housekeeping services for points stays at DVC resorts:

Since DVC is a timeshare, the owners at each resort pay all of the operational costs of that resort. Those costs include things like taxes, landscaping, maintenance....and housekeeping. Members' maintenance fees pay all of the costs of housekeeping, from salaries to supplies.

Providing full housekeeping services daily would send members' fees through the roof. And a significant number of members prefer not having housekeeping in the room every day. So, the fair thing to do is to have a pay-as-you-go housekeeping system. Everyone gets a limited number of housekeeping visits, and those who want additional visits or services can pay for them. That way, members who don't want daily housekeeping aren't paying for a service they'd rather not have anyway.

6. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew we wouldn't get daily housekeeping and that there were fees for extra services. Never dawned on me that because of that there is probably no way turndown service is offered.

This does lead me to another question. We plan to request, and pay for, additional towel services. Can we pay for and get towel and trash service only every other day? Or is it everyday or nothing? Also, can we just get extra towels all at once? We don't need them to come to the room, or even take the trash out. We really only want extra towels. Hoping they at least provide 4 full sets of towels (one set per person in the room) to start with. I can't stand when we are booked as a party of 4 and only have enough towels for 3 people. What is the 4th person supposed to use???
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

You can get towels whenever you want - - every day, every other day, Mondays and Tuesdays but not Wednesdays...whatever floats your boat. You'll have to call each day you want a fresh supply and you'll have to pay for each delivery. I seriously doubt if they would bring a full week's worth all at once. Mousekeeping will only collect the trash on day 4 and day 7 of your stay.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    You can get towels whenever you want - - every day, every other day, Mondays and Tuesdays but not Wednesdays...whatever floats your boat. You'll have to call each day you want a fresh supply and you'll have to pay for each delivery. I seriously doubt if they would bring a full week's worth all at once. Mousekeeping will only collect the trash on day 4 and day 7 of your stay.
    I've been DVC since 2008. I always request extra towels, laundry soap (we do laundry daily), coffee, pillows and blankets. I have never been charged a fee.

If you find yourself needing to take the garbage out, there are garbage chutes in some of the resorts. I've seen them at Beach Club for sure. I've never used them, but you can always ask for locations of garbage chutes at the front desk.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    I've been DVC since 2008. I always request extra towels, laundry soap (we do laundry daily), coffee, pillows and blankets. I have never been charged a fee.
    Really? I never thought to ask for extra towels because we figured we'd have to pay. Occasionally, we will take some towels from the pool area - but they aren't the same.

We usually wash towels daily. And I buy the laundry detergent when I get the grocery delivery.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I was staying at AKL in November. A couple days in we asked for additional shampoo/conditioner. They told us they'd send it up but they usually charge for them and the only reason we weren't going to be charged was because it turned out to be our trash/towel day. I was a little put out about that to tell the truth.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

OP here. Just back from our trip. I completely forgot to ask about turndown service so no report back on that.

Twice during our 7 night stay we asked for extra towels. Within minutes we had plenty of towels delivered to our room, no mention of an extra charge or anything. The second time my husband asked about charges for the extra towels and he was told that no we would not be charged for requesting extra towels. No charges showed up on our bill and we couldn't even use all the towels they send the second time
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Really? I never thought to ask for extra towels because we figured we'd have to pay. Occasionally, we will take some towels from the pool area - but they aren't the same.

We usually wash towels daily. And I buy the laundry detergent when I get the grocery delivery.
    Really. We're a family of 6 staying in either a 2 or 3 BR. Never been charged for extras.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Although some have gotten extra items at no charge, it should not be expected as there are still CMs out there that follow the rules. We've never had to ask for towels since we're usually 2 or 3 in a 2bdrm which is 2 sets per person. If you have more people I do think they should stock more. I did ask to switch decaf for regular coffee (when I forgot to pack mine) and they did so at no charge.

Personally I'm okay with the setup. IMO if all members start asking for fresh towels and refills on a consistent basis you will surely see dues increase.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 03-08-2017 at 05:37 AM.
    - Lynn -

15. Likes DisneyGiant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So now I have a question on this topic and need some clarification: We have made reservations through Disney for a 2 bedroom villa in June at Old Key West. Will we have daily housekeeping services? Reading through this topic string makes it seem like we will not have it at a DVC resort unless we pay extra for it? Or have I misunderstood?
    1975 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    1977 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2001 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2005 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

If you are not staying on DVC points, but are instead paying cash for a DVC room, you will have regular housekeeping services as if you were staying in a non-DVC property.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, that is good news, thanks for the information!
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IMADisneyFreak View Post
    So now I have a question on this topic and need some clarification: We have made reservations through Disney for a 2 bedroom villa in June at Old Key West. Will we have daily housekeeping services? Reading through this topic string makes it seem like we will not have it at a DVC resort unless we pay extra for it? Or have I misunderstood?
    If your arrangements are made directly with Disney World to rent a 2 bedroom villa, you will have daily housekeeping. If you are renting points from a DVC owner, you will be under the owner rules.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, it sounds like we are all set. I made the reservations through Disney rather than renting points. I just needed a little clarification. Thanks for your response! One last thought though....are things like laundry detergent provided or do we need to run to a local store?
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Laundry detergent, dish soap, dishwasher soap and the likes are provided for your stay.
    - Lynn -

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: