Quantcast Epcot dining: Restaurant Marrakesh vs. Spice Road table for lunch?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot dining: Restaurant Marrakesh vs. Spice Road table for lunch?

Hey guys will only be in WDW for a day and spending it in Epcot. We are planning to have "dinner" at the booths of the Flower and Garden Festival so only need to worry about lunch. We've eaten at the World Showcase quite a few times but never tried any restaurants in Morocco. Want a sit down not quick service so narrowed it down to these two. Thoughts? Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I would recommend Marrakesh. We've enjoyed their choices. We decided to try Spice Road last month, and we were sadly disappointed. Now, I will say, it appears they might be going through some growing pains, as they have not been open that long. But the food was mediocre and the service was the worst of our entire trip. I do hope they improve their quality there. It's a great location with lots of promise.

Post Thanks / Like

We had dinner at Spice Road Table as part of a Candlelight Dinner Processional package the December before last. We've also stopped in a couple of times just for their fried calamari as a quick lunch. The calamari was quite good and there was plenty for us to share . When we had dinner, we were overloaded with food - the package included so much food for two, it was comical. Our server tried to get us to take dessert to go since we were too full to eat it while there. On all occasions, we've been pleased with the food and the service. The last time we were there, we had umbrellas with us and forgot to take them as we left. When we realized we had forgotten them and returned to retrieve them, we discovered our server had tried to chase us down to return them to us but didn't know which direction we had headed.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We've enjoyed both. We did Spice Road table as part of the Candlelight package and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I'm not generally a huge fan of lamb but it was really nicely done and DH really enjoyed the tuna.

Marakkesh is a hidden jewel in my personal opinion. We'll be returning there on our upcoming trip. We've never had a bad meal there and love the atmosphere.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a not-so-great experience at Marakkesh once and have never been back. I have been to Spice Road twice, once after they had just opened and enjoyed. The food is very good and the second time we went the service was much more efficient.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to both a few times, and I prefer Spice Road Table. The food at Marrakesh seems a little heavier and more hearty to me. Both are good, though.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. It seems like a 50/50 split in reference to these two "sister" restaurants. Both menus look pretty good but I think at this point we are going to try Spice Road since we want to eat outside.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: