Quantcast Additional FP+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Additional FP+

Post Thanks / Like

Default Additional FP+

I haven't visited since the FP+ came around so it is all new to me. I've been following posts here and reading and I think I have an understanding.

I understand the basics of it. I can book 3 FP+ per day and can only pre-book them in the same park. I am staying onsite so the 60 day timeframe applies.

I've read conflicting info about booking additional FP+ and have a couple questions.

1. Do I have to use all 3 FP+ before trying to book more for the day? Or Can I try after using the 1st FP+ (with 2 remaining booked and unused)?
    2. Can I be in MK and book a 4th FP+ at AK on the MDE app then hop over the AK to use the FP?
    3. What's the likelihood that FP+ are available to book for a 4th or 5th and for what attractions? I'm assuming the big ones -- Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, etc. -- won't be available but would maybe Pirates of the Carribean or Haunted Mansion or Peter Pan? If you have been able to do this what was available for you?

Thanks for your help!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can book your fourth fast pass at another park but you have to use your first three first. We have been able to get fast passes for some of the big attractions later in the day it real just depends on crowd levels. The only one we haven't been able to get was Frozen. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j2k View Post
    1. Do I have to use all 3 FP+ before trying to book more for the day? Or Can I try after using the 1st FP+ (with 2 remaining booked and unused)?
    You need to have used your first 3 or the time for the first 3 needs to have elapsed before you book another. Hint - if you are staying in the same park, you can use the app to begin to look for available fastpasses as soon as you are in line for the 3rd fastpass option you had previously booked.

2. Can I be in MK and book a 4th FP+ at AK on the MDE app then hop over the AK to use the FP?
    No. In order to book your 4th fastpass in a second park on the same day, you have to travel to that park and be physically present in the park before booking an additional fastpass.

3. What's the likelihood that FP+ are available to book for a 4th or 5th and for what attractions? I'm assuming the big ones -- Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, etc. -- won't be available but would maybe Pirates of the Carribean or Haunted Mansion or Peter Pan? If you have been able to do this what was available for you?
    You never know what might pop up. People book and cancel fastpasses all the time. On my last trip, I was unable to get a 7 Dwarves fastpass and had resigned myself to not riding during that trip (Standby lines were way too long for my taste) but it popped up as fastpass availability when I was looking for a fourth fastpass. However, I wouldn't count on the big rides popping up (particularly if you have a larger group) and, if they do, the fastpass may be hours away thereby eliminating, or nearly eliminating, your ability to get any more fastpasses for the day.

Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    You need to have used your first 3 or the time for the first 3 needs to have elapsed before you book another. Hint - if you are staying in the same park, you can use the app to begin to look for available fastpasses as soon as you are in line for the 3rd fastpass option you had previously booked.

No. In order to book your 4th fastpass in a second park on the same day, you have to travel to that park and be physically present in the park before booking an additional fastpass.

You never know what might pop up. People book and cancel fastpasses all the time. On my last trip, I was unable to get a 7 Dwarves fastpass and had resigned myself to not riding during that trip (Standby lines were way too long for my taste) but it popped up as fastpass availability when I was looking for a fourth fastpass. However, I wouldn't count on the big rides popping up (particularly if you have a larger group) and, if they do, the fastpass may be hours away thereby eliminating, or nearly eliminating, your ability to get any more fastpasses for the day.

Thanks for your help!
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing this up for me Linda!!

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes time to book your FP+, you do not need to do it by date order of your trip. When the 60-day window opens, it does so for the entire trip. So if there are attractions that are more important for your group than others, book those first.

For example:
    Frozen - FP+ for Day 3
    Peter Pan - FP+ for Day 2
    Kilimanjaro Safaris - FP+ for Day 1
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Euby View Post
    When it comes time to book your FP+, you do not need to do it by date order of your trip. When the 60-day window opens, it does so for the entire trip. So if there are attractions that are more important for your group than others, book those first.

For example:
    Frozen - FP+ for Day 3
    Peter Pan - FP+ for Day 2
    Kilimanjaro Safaris - FP+ for Day 1
    Thanks for the tip. I will iron out my itinerary and prioritize attractions soon and work through them in priority order. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

For that 4th FP I have found that it seems to have more to do with how crowded the park is than anything else. Seeing as my wife is a teacher and I can only go when school is out, I am usually only able to book fireworks for that 4th Fastpass.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

We visited the parks a few weeks ago and I just wanted to add to this thread what worked for us so others would know.

First 3 FP were booked in the same park as required. Once our first 3 were used I was successful at booking more. I was able to book in a different park. For example, we were in MK and I booked for AK later that afternoon. I also was able to book while on the bus back to our resort and while in our resort room at AKL.
    Most days, as soon as the bands were scanned for the 3rd FP and we were in line I would look on the app for what was available. This was usually between 11:30 and 1:00. At that point in the day there was usually a decent selection available. Later in the day, around 3:00-4:00 the selection had really thinned out.
    After we used the 4th FP, I was able to schedule 5th and so on.
    It was the week leading up to Pandora's opening and the parks were crowded in my opinion. But booking additional FP easy. And the fact that I didn't have to physically be in the park was AWESOME!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: