Quantcast Rumors - Page 6
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 117 of 117

Thread: Rumors

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    Can't wait for the desert menu : Death By Chocolate!

    best,

    .......john
    And what a way to go!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh, I hope there will be Eye of newt! You just cant' get a good eye of newt anywhere!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

  4. Likes cer liked this post
  5. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    INTERCOT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    31,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just read through this entire thread and while I don't have any additional rumors or news to share, I would like to make one general comment ...

    Expansions and additions are badly needed at all four parks. There is just too little to do anymore and it's really making the lines for the good rides intolerable. We just got back on Sunday from a 10 day trip during what is usually a moderately busy time. Not crazy, but not dead either. One of the days Tower of Terror had a TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY MINUTE WAIT! Most of the good rides were between 90 and 120 minutes on average and even lesser attractions were often 45 minutes or more. When you have to wait 20 minutes to go on the TTA you know the parks are super busy!

    They have to do something because the crowds and wait times are just too high. It hasn't affected them yet, but it will soon if they don't correct it. You can make people wait two hours to go through the same handful of attractions so many times before they start looking for other options.
    Ian O
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

    Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! 0

    Next trip:

    October 2017 - ICOT 20!

    Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

  6. Likes Isabella liked this post
  7. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Just read through this entire thread and while I don't have any additional rumors or news to share, I would like to make one general comment ...

    Expansions and additions are badly needed at all four parks. There is just too little to do anymore and it's really making the lines for the good rides intolerable. We just got back on Sunday from a 10 day trip during what is usually a moderately busy time. Not crazy, but not dead either. One of the days Tower of Terror had a TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY MINUTE WAIT! Most of the good rides were between 90 and 120 minutes on average and even lesser attractions were often 45 minutes or more. When you have to wait 20 minutes to go on the TTA you know the parks are super busy!

    They have to do something because the crowds and wait times are just too high. It hasn't affected them yet, but it will soon if they don't correct it. You can make people wait two hours to go through the same handful of attractions so many times before they start looking for other options.
    I agree and that is basically what I said after our last trip.

    The biggest problem I see is, they are giving out way too many fastpass slots. While we were there, it was not uncommon for us to have to stand in a 15 to 20 minute fastpass line. This was resulting in the standby lines being extremely long because they were continuously feeding the fastpass line through while holding the standby line and allowing maybe 10 or 20 people through every several minutes. They are obviously giving out a large number of fastpass slots beginning right at park opening because the fastpass lines are already busy within 30 minutes of park opening and the standby lines almost immediately start growing.

    What I see more and more of is people that go to the park with their younger children, do their 3 fastpass attractions, eat lunch and maybe do one more attraction or two and leave.

  8. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    INTERCOT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    31,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    The biggest problem I see is, they are giving out way too many fastpass slots. While we were there, it was not uncommon for us to have to stand in a 15 to 20 minute fastpass line. This was resulting in the standby lines being extremely long because they were continuously feeding the fastpass line through while holding the standby line and allowing maybe 10 or 20 people through every several minutes. They are obviously giving out a large number of fastpass slots beginning right at park opening because the fastpass lines are already busy within 30 minutes of park opening and the standby lines almost immediately start growing.

    What I see more and more of is people that go to the park with their younger children, do their 3 fastpass attractions, eat lunch and maybe do one more attraction or two and leave.
    Yes, we experienced that issue with Fastpass, too. We got a Fastpass for Buzz and actually thought somehow they'd mixed up the lines, because the FP line was way out the door and queued up around over by the line for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I would guess we waited between 20-30 minutes to get on the ride with a Fastpass, which is ridiculous if you ask me.

    That happened once before and I asked a Cast Member in line what the deal was and he told me flat out, "We gave out too many Fastpasses."

    I have to say, having used the new FP system a half dozen times or more I actually hate it more each trip. It's really completely wrecked the lines.
    Ian O
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

    Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! 0

    Next trip:

    October 2017 - ICOT 20!

    Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

  9. #106
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Expansions and additions are badly needed at all four parks. There is just too little to do anymore and it's really making the lines for the good rides intolerable. We just got back on Sunday from a 10 day trip during what is usually a moderately busy time. Not crazy, but not dead either. One of the days Tower of Terror had a TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY MINUTE WAIT! Most of the good rides were between 90 and 120 minutes on average and even lesser attractions were often 45 minutes or more. When you have to wait 20 minutes to go on the TTA you know the parks are super busy!

    They have to do something because the crowds and wait times are just too high. It hasn't affected them yet, but it will soon if they don't correct it. You can make people wait two hours to go through the same handful of attractions so many times before they start looking for other options.
    The obvious business solution to this demand exceeds delivery capability is .... raise prices. Overhead remains the same or even decreases slightly ........ due to fewer employees needed due to huge crowds....... and Operating Net goes up.

    best,

    ................john

    DVC membership 2016 <AKL>
    Next Trip: WDW October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Last Trip: WDW October 2016 F+W Fest <Pop Century>
    Previous Trip: WDW August 2015 <AKL Jambo -DVC point rental->
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012
    Disneyland - 1972

  10. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    INTERCOT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    31,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    The obvious business solution to this demand exceeds delivery capability is .... raise prices. Overhead remains the same or even decreases slightly ........ due to fewer employees needed due to huge crowds....... and Operating Net goes up.

    best,

    ................john
    Yes, Disney World management has an odd problem on their hands. They're too popular.
    Ian O
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

    Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! 0

    Next trip:

    October 2017 - ICOT 20!

    Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

  11. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Nobody goes there anymore... It's too crowded."

    Yogi Berra
    Jeff

  12. Likes WiltonJohn liked this post
  13. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    The obvious business solution to this demand exceeds delivery capability is .... raise prices. Overhead remains the same or even decreases slightly ........ due to fewer employees needed due to huge crowds....... and Operating Net goes up.

    best,

    ................john
    Or they start charging an additional fee for fast pass to balance things back out
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"


    o


    Mom to our little Prince Everett
    June 2017 Saratoga Springs!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

  14. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,070
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It was fun reading through this thread! My favorite rumor was the Haunted Mansion dining. I actually just started a separate thread about a Haunted Mansion themed survey I received from Disney a couple of days ago. One of the questions was whether or not I would like an HM themed dining experience.
    Susanne

  15. Likes cer liked this post
  16. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What does GotG mean?
    "I want to be apart of your world."

    All Star Music 2000-present & future

  17. #112
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guardians of the Galaxy
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

  18. Likes baldburke liked this post
  19. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    "Nobody goes there anymore... It's too crowded."

    Yogi Berra
    That's one of my favorite quotes.

  20. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am pretty much on board with any expansion or new attraction to any of the theme parks. I am not a Guardians of the Galaxy fan. Haven't seen either of the movies. My son likes Ellens Energy Adventure so I'm not excited to see that go away. Also, I love the British Revolution and I hope that doesn't get replaced. Other than that, I am excited to see which of these rumors become reality. And I want to thank those that do the research and whet our appetite for a better Walt Disney World!

  21. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    I am pretty much on board with any expansion or new attraction to any of the theme parks. I am not a Guardians of the Galaxy fan. Haven't seen either of the movies. My son likes Ellens Energy Adventure so I'm not excited to see that go away. Also, I love the British Revolution and I hope that doesn't get replaced. Other than that, I am excited to see which of these rumors become reality. And I want to thank those that do the research and whet our appetite for a better Walt Disney World!
    I'm a GotG fan but didn't think the second installment was as good as the first. I'm wondering if the box office numbers show it? It has yet to crack the $800M mark as of this weekend and with other summer blockbusters in the pipeline it may get left behind. Hopefully Infinity Wars will be better. Any new attractions at Epcot would be a welcome site!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani,
    03/17 BLT

  22. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rowlett, Tx
    Posts
    1,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't like the idea of filling in any of the Rivers of America, and I don't think they really need to. I can see the point at DLR because they are hemmed in, but MK isn't. Just my dos centavos.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

    1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

  23. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While, I certainly think that is true for Hollywood. Not much to do there.

    They need new leadership or something. I think all of the new expansion areas have been a joke compared to Universal. Fantasy was way over hyped. 7 dwarfs is awesome, but that's it. I feel its less immersive than tomorrowland. Pandora, eh. Based on a forgettable western, i mean sci fi movie.

    So, i agree they need something.. but i just don't see the refurbs doing it. Course, what do I know, I like seaworld..

    My one hope, Star Wars land.. We'll see.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site