Quantcast Rumors - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 119

Thread: Rumors

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I'm not a fan of any more obscure Marvel branding in the parks. Disney seems to be making a lot of short sighted decisions lately regarding their Marvel properties. I mean, putting Dr. Strange into the kids club on the Fantasy cruise ship is just weird (how many kids under 12 even saw that movie?) And then this dumb GotG overlay at DCA Tower of Terror, which was completely unnecessary due to almost constant long lines there. I just feel like putting GotG into Epcot is just a huge mistake. It does need more rides, that is a given, but it's like they are forcing this movie into parks where it doesn't belong.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    yes!!!!!!



    OFF TOPIC: And I'm going to share what I think will be a very unpopular opinion and go on to say that I'm not even happy with them putting Star Wars in DL. I get that they have to put it somewhere, I just wish it did not have to be in that place in that park. Anyone else concerned about this?
    Carrie

    CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    yes!!!!!!



    OFF TOPIC: And I'm going to share what I think will be a very unpopular opinion and go on to say that I'm not even happy with them putting Star Wars in DL. I get that they have to put it somewhere, I just wish it did not have to be in that place in that park. Anyone else concerned about this?
    See, this one doesn't bother me at all. The location they are putting it lends itself well to a land themed to be a sort of forest planet trading post. Looking at the concept art, it will mesh well. Since Disneyland park is a combination of lands with different themes, I think it will fit just fine. What will be weird is having Star Tours in Tomorrowland...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Filling in Rivers of America?
    Not all of it, just the back part.... That was part of the rumor...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    GotG? I cannot figure out the accronym! Please help!
    Not a rumor but observed 'update'....what is with the silver and blue rocks in tomorrow land ? Looks horrible. To me it took a beautiful backdrop and turned it tacky......
    The new color scheme? Part of a slow make over of Tomorrowland....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wild Wonderful WV
    Posts
    3,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    I think he was only there for testing before he was sent to his permanent home in Hong Kong Disneyland for it's opening in 2005.
    Too bad, they should bring him back ... of course they could create a creature from Avatar to walk amongst us ..... just sayn'
    80 1st./04POR/05POR/06POR/07POR/08POR/09POR/10POR/
    11PORJan/11PORApr/12ASPJun/12AKLJul/12POPNov/13AKL/
    14FQJun/14POPJul/14PORNov/15POPFeb/15FQJun/15AoADec/16ASPNov/17AoAJun/17POPSept/

    IN GOD WE TRUST !!

    STEELERS, SIX TIME SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    va beach, va usa
    Posts
    1,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wait, wait wait!!!!! What do you mean 'makeover of tomorrowland'???????

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, you've got to admit Tomorrowland is no longer very "futuristic"
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"


    șoș


    Mom to our little Prince Everett
    March 2018 All Star Sports!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    See, this one doesn't bother me at all. The location they are putting it lends itself well to a land themed to be a sort of forest planet trading post. Looking at the concept art, it will mesh well. Since Disneyland park is a combination of lands with different themes, I think it will fit just fine. What will be weird is having Star Tours in Tomorrowland...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I sure hope so. I have not seen the concept art, so I am just going to take your word for it.
    Carrie

    CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Well, you've got to admit Tomorrowland is no longer very "futuristic"
    'Daybeforeyesterdayland'

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    2,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's pretty much "Retro-Tomorrowland" currently. It's difficult to remove and/or replace things that people have come to know and love, even if, and when, they become passe or outdated.

    What really would/should/could be in Tomorrowland currently? What are we looking forward to that could fit in a Disney inspired world? There has been a lot of looking backward in the Disney family of late (sequels, remakes [live-action and otherwise], etc.) , and not a lot of looking forward.
    -Bud

    Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13 - PC
    5/15 - POR

    Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

    Next up: 11/29 - 12/6 PC

  12. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Not all of it, just the back part.... That was part of the rumor...
    I can see this. Especially if you look at the area beyond the RR tracks behind Splash. Based on what I can see in the satellite pictures, there are four large buildings. One of the buildings is the ride building for POTC, and another looks like it is attached to Splash (the dark portion of the ride maybe??). I think the other two are where they store the parade floats. Obviously they can not move the ride buildings, but those other two buildings should be easy enough to replace, and they have a large footprint.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

  13. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Not all of it, just the back part.... That was part of the rumor...
    So basically what they did at Disneyland for Star Wars land?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  14. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    It's pretty much "Retro-Tomorrowland" currently. It's difficult to remove and/or replace things that people have come to know and love, even if, and when, they become passe or outdated.

    What really would/should/could be in Tomorrowland currently? What are we looking forward to that could fit in a Disney inspired world? There has been a lot of looking backward in the Disney family of late (sequels, remakes [live-action and otherwise], etc.) , and not a lot of looking forward.
    Remake it into some sort of Jules Verne steampunk-ish land...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  15. Likes PopPhan, Tekneek liked this post
  16. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    I can see this. Especially if you look at the area beyond the RR tracks behind Splash. Based on what I can see in the satellite pictures, there are four large buildings. One of the buildings is the ride building for POTC, and another looks like it is attached to Splash (the dark portion of the ride maybe??). I think the other two are where they store the parade floats. Obviously they can not move the ride buildings, but those other two buildings should be easy enough to replace, and they have a large footprint.
    I think you may be looking in the wrong area... Think more over by Big Thunder Mountain...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  17. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    So basically what they did at Disneyland for Star Wars land?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    From what I understood, after reading/hearing such a rumor... Yes...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  18. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OK new rumor to discuss...

    EPCOT: new country, possibly before the 50th... SPAIN....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  19. Likes BrerGnat liked this post
  20. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    OK new rumor to discuss...

    EPCOT: new country, possibly before the 50th... SPAIN....
    Yes. That would be amazing.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  21. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    EPCOT: New country coming to World Showcase... Could be SPAIN, as I previously posted, but, others in running are Australia and somewhere from South America... assuming Brazil...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  22. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    22,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    MAGIC KINGDOM: Rumor for Tomorrowland... TRON...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  23. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Millville, NJ - 1,020 miles to WDW
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    OK new rumor to discuss...

    EPCOT: new country, possibly before the 50th... SPAIN....
    With a attraction based on the new Disney movie Gigantic?
    Bern
    August 2016 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    August 2013 - All-Star Music (10th Anniversary Trip)
    August 2012 - Pop Century
    August 2010 - All-Star Sports
    March 2008 - All-Star Movies (First trip with kids of my own)
    August 1996 - Swan
    June 1988 - Off-site
    July 1985 - Off-site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site