Quantcast Rumors - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rumors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    Can't wait for the desert menu : Death By Chocolate!

best,

.......john
    And what a way to go!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I hope there will be Eye of newt! You just cant' get a good eye of newt anywhere!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

4. Likes cer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read through this entire thread and while I don't have any additional rumors or news to share, I would like to make one general comment ...

Expansions and additions are badly needed at all four parks. There is just too little to do anymore and it's really making the lines for the good rides intolerable. We just got back on Sunday from a 10 day trip during what is usually a moderately busy time. Not crazy, but not dead either. One of the days Tower of Terror had a TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY MINUTE WAIT! Most of the good rides were between 90 and 120 minutes on average and even lesser attractions were often 45 minutes or more. When you have to wait 20 minutes to go on the TTA you know the parks are super busy!

They have to do something because the crowds and wait times are just too high. It hasn't affected them yet, but it will soon if they don't correct it. You can make people wait two hours to go through the same handful of attractions so many times before they start looking for other options.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

6. Likes Isabella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Just read through this entire thread and while I don't have any additional rumors or news to share, I would like to make one general comment ...

Expansions and additions are badly needed at all four parks. There is just too little to do anymore and it's really making the lines for the good rides intolerable. We just got back on Sunday from a 10 day trip during what is usually a moderately busy time. Not crazy, but not dead either. One of the days Tower of Terror had a TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY MINUTE WAIT! Most of the good rides were between 90 and 120 minutes on average and even lesser attractions were often 45 minutes or more. When you have to wait 20 minutes to go on the TTA you know the parks are super busy!

They have to do something because the crowds and wait times are just too high. It hasn't affected them yet, but it will soon if they don't correct it. You can make people wait two hours to go through the same handful of attractions so many times before they start looking for other options.
    I agree and that is basically what I said after our last trip.

The biggest problem I see is, they are giving out way too many fastpass slots. While we were there, it was not uncommon for us to have to stand in a 15 to 20 minute fastpass line. This was resulting in the standby lines being extremely long because they were continuously feeding the fastpass line through while holding the standby line and allowing maybe 10 or 20 people through every several minutes. They are obviously giving out a large number of fastpass slots beginning right at park opening because the fastpass lines are already busy within 30 minutes of park opening and the standby lines almost immediately start growing.

What I see more and more of is people that go to the park with their younger children, do their 3 fastpass attractions, eat lunch and maybe do one more attraction or two and leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    The biggest problem I see is, they are giving out way too many fastpass slots. While we were there, it was not uncommon for us to have to stand in a 15 to 20 minute fastpass line. This was resulting in the standby lines being extremely long because they were continuously feeding the fastpass line through while holding the standby line and allowing maybe 10 or 20 people through every several minutes. They are obviously giving out a large number of fastpass slots beginning right at park opening because the fastpass lines are already busy within 30 minutes of park opening and the standby lines almost immediately start growing.

What I see more and more of is people that go to the park with their younger children, do their 3 fastpass attractions, eat lunch and maybe do one more attraction or two and leave.
    Yes, we experienced that issue with Fastpass, too. We got a Fastpass for Buzz and actually thought somehow they'd mixed up the lines, because the FP line was way out the door and queued up around over by the line for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I would guess we waited between 20-30 minutes to get on the ride with a Fastpass, which is ridiculous if you ask me.

That happened once before and I asked a Cast Member in line what the deal was and he told me flat out, "We gave out too many Fastpasses."

I have to say, having used the new FP system a half dozen times or more I actually hate it more each trip. It's really completely wrecked the lines.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

The obvious business solution to this demand exceeds delivery capability is .... raise prices. Overhead remains the same or even decreases slightly ........ due to fewer employees needed due to huge crowds....... and Operating Net goes up.

best,

................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

The obvious business solution to this demand exceeds delivery capability is .... raise prices. Overhead remains the same or even decreases slightly ........ due to fewer employees needed due to huge crowds....... and Operating Net goes up.

best,

................john
    Yes, Disney World management has an odd problem on their hands. They're too popular.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

"Nobody goes there anymore... It's too crowded."

Yogi Berra
    Jeff

12. Likes WiltonJohn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

best,

................john
    Or they start charging an additional fee for fast pass to balance things back out
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

It was fun reading through this thread! My favorite rumor was the Haunted Mansion dining. I actually just started a separate thread about a Haunted Mansion themed survey I received from Disney a couple of days ago. One of the questions was whether or not I would like an HM themed dining experience.
    Susanne

15. Likes cer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What does GotG mean?
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Guardians of the Galaxy
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

18. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    "Nobody goes there anymore... It's too crowded."

Yogi Berra
    That's one of my favorite quotes.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty much on board with any expansion or new attraction to any of the theme parks. I am not a Guardians of the Galaxy fan. Haven't seen either of the movies. My son likes Ellens Energy Adventure so I'm not excited to see that go away. Also, I love the British Revolution and I hope that doesn't get replaced. Other than that, I am excited to see which of these rumors become reality. And I want to thank those that do the research and whet our appetite for a better Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    I am pretty much on board with any expansion or new attraction to any of the theme parks. I am not a Guardians of the Galaxy fan. Haven't seen either of the movies. My son likes Ellens Energy Adventure so I'm not excited to see that go away. Also, I love the British Revolution and I hope that doesn't get replaced. Other than that, I am excited to see which of these rumors become reality. And I want to thank those that do the research and whet our appetite for a better Walt Disney World!
    I'm a GotG fan but didn't think the second installment was as good as the first. I'm wondering if the box office numbers show it? It has yet to crack the $800M mark as of this weekend and with other summer blockbusters in the pipeline it may get left behind. Hopefully Infinity Wars will be better. Any new attractions at Epcot would be a welcome site!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the idea of filling in any of the Rivers of America, and I don't think they really need to. I can see the point at DLR because they are hemmed in, but MK isn't. Just my dos centavos.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

While, I certainly think that is true for Hollywood. Not much to do there.

They need new leadership or something. I think all of the new expansion areas have been a joke compared to Universal. Fantasy was way over hyped. 7 dwarfs is awesome, but that's it. I feel its less immersive than tomorrowland. Pandora, eh. Based on a forgettable western, i mean sci fi movie.

So, i agree they need something.. but i just don't see the refurbs doing it. Course, what do I know, I like seaworld..

My one hope, Star Wars land.. We'll see.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

What does Dr. Strange and kuka robot arm ride technology along with projection mapping have in common?????
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    What does Dr. Strange and kuka robot arm ride technology along with projection mapping have in common?????
    Oh, oh, I'll play....

I don't know. What DOES Dr. Strange, and kuka robot arm technology along with projection mapping have in common?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

26. Likes baldburke liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: