Quantcast Just booked!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Just booked!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just booked!

I just booked the Disneyland Hotel for a stay in August.

What are the best ticket options? If you have a non park day is there much to do or are other attractions near enough to visit?

Maybe a silly question - are there any laundry options at the hotel?

Love planning!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a ton to do if you have a rental car. We took a day off and drove to San Diego. It was an easy drive there and back. There is also all of LA not too far away. We did a few nights in LA before our Disneyland stay, but the drive wasn't too bad on the day we left LA to go to Disneyland. Or you could take a day trip to any of the many nearby beaches.

There is a laundry room not too far from the pool area. It was a tiny laundry room and it seemed to take forever to try and do a load or two with having to wait for first a washer to be free, then a dryer. I actually ended up taking someone's clothes out of a dryer, folded it neatly and put my clothes in. I felt bad messing with someone else's laundry, but this was taking all day walking back and forth just to try and get two loads done. We were in California for a total of 11 nights so I really needed to do that laundry. Otherwise I would highly suggest avoiding it if possible.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

4. Thanks dlpmikki thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend a beach day on your off day if you are into beaches. I would suggest Newport Beach. Great clean beaches, gorgeous views and you can watch surfers if you go to The Wedge.

Universal Hollywood is about 30 min from Disneyland.

Knotts Berry Farm is about 15 min away.

L.A. is also about 30 min to 3 hours away (depending on traffic, LOL!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

6. Thanks dlpmikki thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both. We are at the end of a 3 week trip so may need the laundry! We are staying up by Universal for a couple of nights as we want to do the Warner Bros tour (saw some pictures that they have props from The West Wing TV show that we think we would be fun to see) and thought we might as well see West Coast Universal. Not Beach people really. Heard of Knotts Berry farm but know nothing about it. May have to investigate that!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Thank you both. We are at the end of a 3 week trip so may need the laundry! We are staying up by Universal for a couple of nights as we want to do the Warner Bros tour (saw some pictures that they have props from The West Wing TV show that we think we would be fun to see) and thought we might as well see West Coast Universal. Not Beach people really. Heard of Knotts Berry farm but know nothing about it. May have to investigate that!
    Knotts is good if you like more thrilling rides and coasters. It's small but charming and it has a neat history. Also, a famous fried chicken restaurant that has been around for decades. Also next to Knotts is a Cuban bakery called Porto's that is super famous and really, really good. They are a famous LA restaurant that has recently opened a location in Buena Park. It is definitely worth checking out!

Natalie

9. Thanks dlpmikki thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the laundry room at the Disneyland Hotel last July and had no issues. It's a standard Disney hotel laundry room.

Natalie

11. Thanks dlpmikki thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if the laundry facilities were under refurb while we were there. The place I used was more like a closet compared to WDW launry rooms!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: