Quantcast Spring (Break) Weekend Day 3 Sat March 18th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring (Break) Weekend Day 3 Sat March 18th

Saturday dawned a bit warmer an we got up early again. I was a little worried about tackling the Studios without FP (I had them for later in the day at Epcot.). So we left WL by car at 8am for 9am opening. Security was a little more hectic and but were still in and waiting a little behind Starbucks by 8:45. They didn't drop the rope until right at 9am and we headed to Tower of Terror (Leslie's choice.). We got right on and it was a quick ride, RnRC was already 50 mins by the time we got off at 9:15 so we decided since we had done it yesterday we would hurry over to Toy Story and waited only around 15 mins. Great ride but by the time we got off it was 55 mins . We headed to Star Tours and rode (me with my eyes shut as this ride makes me really sick for some reason.). By this time we were done doing the main things we wanted and all the rides were over an hour (some 90 mins.). So we drove back to WL and had a nice early lunch by the water at the new Gyser Point. I had the crab cake sandwich (just ok) and fries, they were kind of a battered waffle fry. Leslie had the Bison burger which he said had something sweet on it (I'd have to go back and look at menu.). It was an ok meal, really nice setting. I will say the menu there only has a few things. I missed the pasta and flatbreads at Roaring Fork.

We were still in a relaxed mode (ha ha) and we decided to head to Epcot via boat to Contemp, monorail to TTC and monorail to Epcot and it went great. Pretty day. We arrived at Epcot just in time for our FP for Spaceship earth and we thanked the Phoenicians for you all. We then hit our FP for Soarin, the Seas, rode Figment and considered Test Track but it was 160 mins!! We headed back to World Showcase for some drinks and snacks at LaCava. We had to wait about 45 mins for a table and the drinks were just not great, and they took forever to get. We had two each plus the dip trio and it was $100. Ouch.

World Showcase was VERY crowded, like couldn't walk, people stepping on each other busy. Like Leslie got stepped on or run over about 10 times by strollers and scooters and I sort of sensed he was done. We had 7:30 ADRs at Via Napoli and it was 6:30 but I just knew we were not going to make it. So I asked if he might want to go back to the hotel again and he was very glad for that option. I was slightly bummed to miss my only chance at Illuminations but it really was the best thing to do.

We were able to walk right onto a bus and just relaxed at the hotel in our pjs and watched tv and just hung out. We ordered a room service pizza at about 8:30. Don't ever do this. It was like the worst cooked frozen pizza I have ever had and it was $40 for pizza with pepperoni and 1/2 with mushrooms. It was terrible and we ate 3 pieces total. Oh well.

I feel like a lot of what I typed about today was negative and it was def not a perfect day but we did get to ride the rides we wanted in both parks even with the crowds and we didn't have any issues personally other than eating some bad pizza so still a good day
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2. Thanks eam, Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip to never get drinks at LaCava! $100 for 4 drinks and an apatizer, WOW! This rural Neanderthal is used to $3 Budlight drafts!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! I can't believe the crowds. We have not been to WDW in years (with three Universal trips and one trip to Orlando without any parks other than Kennedy Space Center since our last Disney trip) and my daughter wants to go again next year, but all I read about are crowds all year long and I just cannot imagine handling those crowds.
    It also seems like food choices are suffering a bit too.
    I love Disney or at least I loved our past Disney trips. However, I am really having a hard time getting excited about another trip.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Really long standby lines and heavy crowds - that really knocks the enjoyment out of a Disney trip. Glad you were able to accomplish some things despite the crowding.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: