Quantcast Week BEFORE THANKSGIVING OR WEEK BEFORE THAT

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week BEFORE THANKSGIVING OR WEEK BEFORE THAT

Hello,
    we're planning a trip since we have a weeding to go to mid November,so of course gotta get some Disney in..lol So we have a choice of going before or after.
    How's the week of November 6th compared to week of November 13th? I also want to see Christmas decorations if possible so I figure the week of 13 th would be better for that. How are the crowds those weeks? Will some Christmas decorations be up?
    Also is animal kingdom resort good that time since it's not so hot?
    Thanks

Port Orleans french quarter-2013
    Caribbean Beach-2009
    coronado springs-2006

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went the week before Thanksgiving in 2015. We were a bit concerned about crowds because getting our dining reservations that week was a nightmare, even though we tried as soon as they were open. Thankfully, I would say the crowds were average and with appropriate use of FP I don't remember waiting too long for any ride. The Christmas decorations were all up. As for weather, it varied from hot to cool throughout the week, but was definitely more bearable than late summer.

Our one mistake was making a dining reservation in Epcot our first night because it coincided with the last Saturday of Food and Wine. I would just steer clear of World Showcase in the evening if it's still occurring​, unless that's your thing. Overall, I found it an enjoyable time of year to visit and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

We did the week before Thanksgiving also in 2015. Loved, loved, loved it!

Our arrival day was on Sunday and we departed on Thursday.

The last day of Food and Wine was on that Monday and we planned to be in Epcot World Showcase right at 11am and enjoyed all the food booths until about 2:30-3ish and then we got out of there before everyone started getting off work, etc. It was a great experience for us and we would do it again in a heartbeat.

I agree with Brian, I think that overall the rule of thumb is to steer clear of evenings and maybe even weekends in Epcot during Food and Wine to avoid the crowds.

We started seeing Christmas decorations going up in the resorts, I remember in particular the gingerbread display in the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian. I remember the tree in front of Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios being up. I don't recall others, but that doesn't mean they weren't up. They did have Christmas music playing in front of the Magic Kingdom, I remember missing the regular track, I usually don't begin listening to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving.

Good luck with your planning and have a great trip.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

We were there Novemeber 1 - November 15th this past year. The first part was not to busy. Wait times were managable. The later part of our vacation was crazy busy. On our last weekend EPCOT and Magic Kingdom both hit close to capicity. Wait times were very long. It was impossible to move around in EPCOT. Especially with Food & Wine going on. Magic KIngdom had Christmas decorations up on November 1st. The rest of the parks quickly followed. They were taping the holiday specials for 5 days. We had fun just had to be a little flexible. Was weird hearing Christmas music the day after Halloween!

Post Thanks / Like

The closer you get to Thanksgiving the crazier it will get. So if possible I would do the week of the 6th.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: