Quantcast Africa trek

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Africa trek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Africa trek

I just did this and it was amazing! Great guides, great food and in depth info on the animals.
    Scratch that off the bucket list!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to hear more details!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the airport waiting for my flight home��
    The trek was great. You start off checking in next to the standby line where you sign your forms, get fitted for a harness and store your belongings. They do have you step on a scale but are discreet....
    You get a name tag and a water bottle to take home. They fit you with whispers. It is so easy to wear becase it does not go into your ear and is very light weight. These are great when you are far from the guide or walking through crowds.
    They lead you through gorilla falls and give in depth info about the animals. Then you go through a gate into the woods. The path leads to the hippos and the hook you into the safety rail so you do not fall in with them. The hippos were sleeping and not interested in snacking so we did not get to see the huge mouth. The guide said she could walk into his mouth.....
    Walked through more paths, saw a barred owl, and the walked the bridge over the hippos and crocs. The snap you onto a guideline and it feels very safe. The bridge has wide steps and if someone is on with you it shakes but it is easy to cross. They stop by the crocs and snap you into a differant line so you dont fall in and get eaten by the crocs.... there is a stop here for a water refill if you need it. We were increadably lucky. It was 85, a bit overcast, and no humidity. Perfect.
    Next they load onto the private safari truck. They have binocculars and cold towels. The savannah has several stops and they take a lot of pics. Cant take you phone to take pics.
    The guides were awesome. One had been there 6 years and you could tell she loved her job. The other was from princeton and had spent some time in africa doing research.
    A lunch stop is at the boma on the savannah. Wonderful place to sit and take in the whole savannah on one side and the elephants on the other. Luch is served in stacked tins. Shrimp, turkey, prosciutto, dried beef, chicken curry salad, salmon rolade, humus, Pita, fruit and an adible orchid. Juice was guava passionfruit orange. Yum............ they have a restroom there and a case full of artifacts and research.
    The end of our safari was quiet, it was after two and the animals were hiding from the heat.

When you get off the truck they give you a stone to place in a box to vote where you want your portion of the ticket price to be sent for research and conservation. When you return to the desk they give you a card with access to all of the pics. Cant wait till they are up so I can see them.

I am lucky to have a daughter working at disney, so we got a huge discount. I would never have paid the full price. I am so glad to have had the chance to do it!

Sorry for the typos!

5. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a terrific experience!!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds amazing
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I did this a couple of years ago, and besides the Keys To The Kingdom Tour, this is the best tour at Walt Disney World and I would recommend it. Especially if you like Animal Kingdom.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: