Quantcast Wanna help me make some dining decisions?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanna help me make some dining decisions?

I'm thinking 6 days in the World, so I'm looking at narrowing down to 6 dinners - ohmigoodness!
    1. We're staying at Riverside, so we'll probably have one resort day and just eat at Boatwrights...unless you think it is so "meh" that we'd be better off heading out...
    2. 'Ohana is the "must do" for my family, so that's a given
    3. Be our Guest - is this worth it? I'm interested since it is new, but want some honest opinions. And it bills itself as "French" - is it? See question below...
    4. Epcot - always wanted to try Chefs de France (Is it good? or would it be redundant if Be Our Guest is actually French?) OR Le Cellier
    5. Is there anywhere really worth eating at Hollywood Studios, or are we better off heading to a resort? Always kinda looked at 50's Prime Time, but while it looks fun I'm not sure it's worth it. (we did do SciFi once...and I found it overall rather a weird experience, LOL)
    6. We've never been to the Boardwalk resort and I'd like to see it - anywhere worth eating there, EITHER for dinner OR as a counter service lunch?
    7. If you did just ONE Signature restaurant which would you do? We've only tried Cali Grill
    8. And is there anyplace great to eat in Animal Kingdom Park, or is that another day I should head to a resort?
    9. And lastly - are there any other nice places at RESORTS that I haven't thought of? Not Signature...but also not character meals, since no young kids. We are open to buffets if they are decent.

Whew! Thanks for even reading all that ;-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We've never dined at BoatWrights but we always make a point of dining at our resort TS if we never have. One of those "try all the restaurants" kind of family.

3. Be our Guest - is this worth it? You can't beat the atmosphere here. We enjoy it every time. Don't forget they have a great QS lunch too.

4. Epcot - We did Chefs in 2006 and were not impressed. That said, a ton could have changed by then. Our wait staff were a bit rude.

5. Is there anywhere really worth eating at Hollywood Studios, or are we better off heading to a resort? We are luke warm about HS eateries too. Our next trip will be Fantasmic dining and HandV. Doing that mostly for my kids. We LOVE Mama's but we've heard it's only half operational because of construction. We tend to eat TS for breakfast at a character meal and then QS evening in HS.

6. We've never been to the Boardwalk resort and I'd like to see it - haven't stay here either but they have fantastic ice cream!

7. If you did just ONE Signature restaurant which would you do? Brown Derby (never done it)

8. We've never done a TS at AK. Flame Tree and Yak Yeti are tasty QS. Always wanted to try breakfast at Tusker House. Maybe you will have luck at the new Pandora Eateries?

9. Maya Grill at CS is special to us from our honeymoon. They make some great salmon. The Wave at CR is decent for a quiet dinner. Kona Café at Poly was great atmosphere.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

The best signature restaurant in my personal opinion is Jiko. I would highly suggest giving it a try.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I'm thinking 6 days in the World, so I'm looking at narrowing down to 6 dinners - ohmigoodness!
    1. We're staying at Riverside, so we'll probably have one resort day and just eat at Boatwrights...unless you think it is so "meh" that we'd be better off heading out...
    3. Be our Guest - is this worth it? I'm interested since it is new, but want some honest opinions. And it bills itself as "French" - is it? See question below...
    4. Epcot - always wanted to try Chefs de France (Is it good? or would it be redundant if Be Our Guest is actually French?) OR Le Cellier
    5. Is there anywhere really worth eating at Hollywood Studios, or are we better off heading to a resort? Always kinda looked at 50's Prime Time, but while it looks fun I'm not sure it's worth it. (we did do SciFi once...and I found it overall rather a weird experience, LOL)
    6. We've never been to the Boardwalk resort and I'd like to see it - anywhere worth eating there, EITHER for dinner OR as a counter service lunch?
    7. If you did just ONE Signature restaurant which would you do? We've only tried Cali Grill
    8. And is there anyplace great to eat in Animal Kingdom Park, or is that another day I should head to a resort?
    9. And lastly - are there any other nice places at RESORTS that I haven't thought of? Not Signature...but also not character meals, since no young kids. We are open to buffets if they are decent.

Okay I'm jumping around, but this is some of the must dos.

If you like character breakfasts and want to do Boardwalk, go to the bon voyage breakfast. It was an awesome experience.

50s primetime is a lot of fun and more like that old time dinner too. Lots of comfort food.

Do the dinner at BOG. It is worth it in the end. One of my favorite places at MK.

For the signature, I like Narcoossee's.

Epcot - Le cellier is better than Chef De France in my opinion. However both are good.

For the resorts, there are so many out there but Boma's is a good place at DAKL.

At DAK... Try Tiffins. It is another Signature as well.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

1. 50's Prime TIme Cafe - for our family this is a must. Love the interaction and the food.
    2. Resorts - we never miss Cape May Cafe. It is a buffet but we like it. Helps that my daughter works there. Love the crab legs and the shrimp
    3. O'hana's is a must - either breakfast or dinner. Love the atmosphere and food
    4. Tuta Italia in EPCOT was our new find on our last trip. It even impressed my Italian mother in law
    5. Be Our Guest - We have only done lunch. Food was good atmosphere was great
    6. We did do Boma at AKL several times last trip as we were staying there. Really enjoyed the food
    7. Signature - Narcoosee's was great

Post Thanks / Like

Based on your questions, a few thoughts come to mind:

2. Be Our Guest--definitely worth a visit, if not for supper than at least for lunch. The food offerings have a French twist, if not 100% authentic, but still really good. My favorite meal there is the Coq au Vin style braised pork for lunch and their leek soup. The decor and theming of the restaurant are wonderful too.

4. Epcot--Chefs de France is very good, highly recommended, but you can't go wrong with Le Cellier either. Chefs de France probably has better food, but Le Cellier has a very cool atmosphere (and their beer cheese soup is delicious!)

5. DHS--Prime Time is a lot of fun, especially if you play along with the servers. But I would also recommend the Brown Derby for their Cobb salad alone, it is fantastic.

8. At Animal Kingdom Park we like Yak and Yeti sit-down or QS. Their menu has something for everyone.

9. Kona Cafe at the Poly is probably my favorite resort restaurant. Unfortunately, they no longer offer my favorite dish, salad with teriyaki beef tips, but they still have some wonderful entrees and sushi, if you like that.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Boatwrights was ok. I really enjoyed the qs build your own pasta station better. It depends on how much of a "foodie" you are, I guess. I definitely wouldn't fall into that category. I liked watching the fire at the build your own pasta station though.
    2. My family loves O'hana also.
    3. We did breakfast at Be Our Guest and really enjoyed it. I can't say anything about the dinner.
    4 Can't comment on either of those.
    5. Our go to for Hollywood Studios is Mama Melrose. I've tried 50s Primetime, but I wasn't too impressed. It may be a good night for you to head to the Boardwalk area if you really want to try something at the Boardwalk.
    6. In the Boardwalk area, we have enjoyed the Flying Fish, the Yachtsman's Steakhouse and Beaches N Cream quite a bit in the past.
    7. The most requested signature dining from my adult friends while planning a trip is Narcoossee's.
    8. I really enjoyed Tusker House on my last trip. If you want to avoid character meals though, maybe a jaunt over to AKL to eat at Boma might be more your style. It is a beautiful resort.
    9. I really enjoy Old Port Royale at CBR. It is hardly ever mentioned, but the food was delicious when we had an all girls trip at CBR one year and no adr was needed to get in.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

[

Love Boatwrights. The desserts are great too. We usually eat there 1-3 times when we stay at RS.

Haven't had Chefs, but Le Cellier is incredible and delicious.

The food is highly mediocre at 50's, but convenient. If you skip it, you aren't missing much.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We love dinner at BOG and also always have dinner at Chefs and don't find them redundant. LC is also a favorite dinner. We have gone to Tutto Italia for lunch and enjoy that as well. At DHS we love dinner at 50's PTC. At AK we have lunch at Rainforest Cafe and go to dinner at Boma (AKL). We also like breakfast there as well. We are adults and love character meals for breakfast. Our favorites are Cape May at BC and CP at MK.

Post Thanks / Like

1.Never tried Boatrights, but I think is sounds fun!
    2. 'Ohana- we like it too!
    3. Be our Guest -no, not really French, but there are not many good choices in MK and we have enjoyed it very much for lunch.
    4. Epcot - always wanted to try Chefs de France - us too! We are trying it for the first time this year.
    5. Is there anywhere really worth eating at Hollywood Studios- NO! but We enjoy Sci Fi for the atmosphere and milkshakes. Brown Derby is actually excellent and Hollywood and Vine is fine. But we like the old sci fi movies and dining in the cars. We usually share apps or entrees.
    6. Don't know much about Boardwalk, but we like dinner or breakfast at Cape May
    7. Our fav is Cali Grill
    8. Tiffins is supposed to be good in AK, We LOVE Sannaa
    9. Boma, Sannaa, Cali Grill
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

1. We're staying at Riverside, so we'll probably have one resort day and just eat at Boatwrights...unless you think it is so "meh" that we'd be better off heading out... I would possibly look into eating at one of the new restaurants in Disney Springs on your resort day

3. Be our Guest - is this worth it? I'm interested since it is new, but want some honest opinions. And it bills itself as "French" - is it? See question below... I would recommend lunch over dinner. I wasn't that impressed with dinner
    4. Epcot - always wanted to try Chefs de France (Is it good? or would it be redundant if Be Our Guest is actually French?) OR Le Cellier-I prefer Chefs de France over Le Cellier. I find the food at Le Cellier to be over salted.
    5. Is there anywhere really worth eating at Hollywood Studios, or are we better off heading to a. resort? Always kinda looked at 50's Prime Time, but while it looks fun I'm not sure it's worth it. (we did do SciFi once...and I found it overall rather a weird experience, LOL) I am a fan of the Hollywood Brown Derby.
    6. We've never been to the Boardwalk resort and I'd like to see it - anywhere worth eating there, EITHER for dinner OR as a counter service lunch? I enjoyed my dinner at Trattoria al Forno.
    7. If you did just ONE Signature restaurant which would you do? We've only tried Cali Grill Narcoossee's, hands down
    8. And is there anyplace great to eat in Animal Kingdom Park, or is that another day I should head to a resort? Hop on a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge and try Boma for either breakfast or dinner (I prefer breakfast)
    9. And lastly - are there any other nice places at RESORTS that I haven't thought of? Not Signature...but also not character meals, since no young kids. We are open to buffets if they are decent. I love Grand Floridian Cafe for any meal.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

1. Boatwright's is good But I would hop the boat to Disney Springs and go to Art Smith's Homecoming or The Boathouse for your signature meal. Also many counter service meals to be had at DS - Blaze Pizza, Wolfgang Puck in the Marketplace, D-luxe Burgers are on our favorites list.
    2. 'Ohana - love it.
    3. "French"ish. We find it OK, but one that everyone should try to do once. My main complaint is that it is rather frantic with all the room hopping everyone does. Hated lunch there.
    4. Chefs de France is good. The fixed price menu is great for the $. Le Cellier I think is way over priced and not at the same level as other signature restaurants.
    5. 50's Prime Time, can be a hoot if you get a good waiter. I would never go there just looking for great food.
    6. At the Boardwalk resort area we like Captain's Grille. It is my understanding that it maybe in a different location or ever closed for a remodel right now.
    7. Narcoosee's or Jiko for a splurge or a more reasonable, if you're paying out of pocket, Citricos. One we have recently found that seems quite a bit like a signature but isn't is Turf Club Bar & Grill at Saratoga Springs resort. Great surprise.
    8. Up until our last trip in January we always enjoyed Yak & Yeti. After that experience my guess is it will be a very ling time before we ever try it again. We will be going to Rainforest Cafe next time. I have enjoyed the food in the past, but keep forgetting it is there when making ADRs.
    9. Sanaa at AK Lodge - Kadani Village and The Grand Floridian Cafe.

Have a great time choosing.
    Last edited by TheDuckRocks; 05-15-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Should have cut and pasted. Replyed to a quote. Stupid me - I know better.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

What happened at Yak and Yeti?? I tried a search but all I found was an old review where you seemed very happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you do some research on the restaurants at Disney Springs. I would choose one of those over Boatrights. The dining options there have really improved with the changes.

Homecomin' is delicious, we have also enjoyed Delux Burger, Wolfgang Puck Express, Earl of Sandwich....

You may want to look into Paddlefish or The Boathouse...

Please don't rule out your dining options at Disney Springs. I feel strongly that they won't disappoint!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

We have always stayed at Riverside and have eaten at Boatrights several times. Our last trip we bypassed it as it has never really impressed us and tried other restaurants instead. We loved Trails End at Fort Wilderness and it will become our place to eat on arrival day from now on. Very relaxed and laid back and the boat ride we took to get there was relaxing as well. We loved it!
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

What happened at Yak and Yeti?? I tried a search but all I found was an old review where you seemed very happy with it.
    Yak & Yeti has been a favorite with us since they opened, a must for us almost every trip. Long wait times past your ADR time and some pretty bad wait staff has always been over looked because the food was so darn good. Our most recent trip in January my daughter, her husband, my husband and I went with expectations of another great meal. We all ordered favorites from the past and we were shocked from the minute the appetizers arrived, the serving sizes were much smaller than in the past, as an example the potstickers used to have 6 pieces and only had 4, and all of them seemed "old". Maybe pre-cooked or under a heat lamp for a time. For the entrees the protein servings were smaller and seemed to be pre-frozen and reheated. My Combo Lo Mein the chicken was like nuggets instead of nice fresh chunks of chicken breast and the shrimp was count size per pound smaller than previously served. In general none of the 4 of us was pleased with what we got. It was so bad we all opted to skip dessert as none of us wanted one more disappointment. I will try the quick service place around the corner though as I don't really care for a number of the places at AK. Will I go back to Y&Y someday? Sure, but it won't be on the next few trips. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we are happy with Rainforest Cafe in October.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

1. I like Boatwrigts, but if it were me, I'd catch a boat to DtD and eat Morimoto's or Blaze Pizza !!
    2. Ohana is awesome !!
    3. I (we) did NOT like Be Our Guest (food was just ok)... if in MK, we REALLY like the Plaza !!
    4. We've never tried Chefs de France but my sister swears by it !!!
    5. Not really. Mama Melrose was pretty good, but not great and 50's was fun but just an ok food selection. I'd probably pick another place ....
    6. Cape May !! We love it ... it's a bit pricey, but GOOOOOD !!!!!
    7. We've never done a true signature dinning experience, but for me Trails End is my signature place !!
    8. Yak n Yeti remains good to us ... we most times do Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari ...
    9. Boma at the AK lodge both for breakfast and dinner. The Wave has a good breakfast, but we didn't care much for the lunch/dinner selections. .. and again Trails End !! simply awesome !!
    80 1st./04POR/05POR/06POR/07POR/08POR/09POR/10POR/
    11PORJan/11PORApr/12ASPJun/12AKLJul/12POPNov/13AKL/
    14FQJun/14POPJul/14PORNov/15POPFeb/15FQJun/15AoADec/16ASPNov/17AoAJun/ 17POPSep/18CBJun/19PORApr/

IN GOD WE TRUST !!

STEELERS, SIX TIME SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

Post Thanks / Like

One place that we loved last trip was our meal at the Turf Club Bar & Grill at Saratoga Springs resort. It was actually the best meal of our trip. BOG is great for lunch, I really enjoy dinner at Chefs de France in Epcot. BOMA is fantastic and that is a buffet at Animal Kingdom Lodge, it's a must do for our visits.
    Port Orleans French Quarter July 2016[/B][/COLOR]
    Port Orleans French Quarter & Wilderness Lodge June/July 2012
    Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010
    Port Orleans French Quarter-August 2007
    Disney Land- October 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter-July 2005
    Many trips off-site as a child

Post Thanks / Like

Bump!

1. We think that Boatwrights is "meh". We tried it. Liked it well enough, but haven't been back.

2. Agreed

3. Be Our Guest has become a standard go-to for us, but for lunch. We have done dinner, and like lunch better. But you still need reservations, even though it's a QS.

4. Chefs de France is definitely good. Different menu than BOG.

5. There is no *great* place at DHS for food. The QS places up by ToT and RRC have some interesting choices, though.

6. We like Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. Really good ice cream sundaes. Standard diner fare...onion rings, cheeseburgers, etc. We have eaten at the italian place on the Boardwalk, and thought it was about on par with Olive Garden. If you love Olive Garden, then great! But the point being that I can get that when I'm NOT at WDW. I haven't tried the ESPN Club, Flying Fish, or anything else in that area.

7. Hmmm....we really like Artist Point. Narcoosee's had great service, but we're not seafood people. Le Cellier is good, but we haven't been there in years. Cali Grill is our favorite of the Signature's that we've tried. Brown Derby is our least favorite. I also tried the Boathouse and it wasn't very good. Specifically, the shrimp was cooked to the point of being rubberized, and the cake for dessert was super dried out. For a Signature, it was terrible. I would give it one more shot, though.

We have not tried Jiko, Tiffins, Flying Fish, Yachtman Steakhouse, Citricos, Monsieur Paul, Shula's, Bluezoo, Victoria and Albert's. Of those, I have head amazing things about Bluezoo. I just was looking to see what all of the Signature restaurants are, and one site ranked Artist Point no. 1. Purely subjective, but if you haven't tried it, do.

8. We really like Flame Tree (for a QS) and Tusker House. Though the menu at the new Pandora area restaurants look really interesting. We have never done a sit-down at the Yak and Yeti.

9. Our favorite resort restaurants are definitely Whispering Canyon Cafe, 'Ohana, Sanaa, and Boma. The last two are at Animal Kingdom Lodge.If you have never been to the Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon Cafe and Artist Point), you must go see it! It's amazing inside. And walk out the back to check out the river that rolls and tumbles its way down to the pool. Beautiful.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: