Quantcast Rivers of Light without the dining package?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rivers of Light without the dining package?

I don't really understand what Rivers of Light is? Is it something you can see without the dining package? I've been calling and calling since they opened the reservations and have dining reservations at both Tiffins and Tusker house, but can't get the dining package. I am wondering if anyone has any insight into how necessary the preferred seating or dining package really is?
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Rivers of light is a show like Fantasmic except without the fireworks due to animals.

In order to get the dining packages it has to be 2.5 (Tuskers) or 3 hours (Tiffins) before the show. So depending on the time of the year the last seating would be 545. Now there are a limited amount of seats available on the dining package. So a factor is your dates as well. I can tell you that some dates are sold out and none are being offered after 9/30 at this time. This is all subject to change at a later date. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

4. Thanks eam thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like ROL is a light and water show - something we're really looking forward to trying. We've also been trying to get a dinner package. The way I understand it, you'll have 3 ways to get a seat for the show - a breakfast/dinner package, a Fast Pass, or wait a long time before the show in a stand-by line and hope there are enough seats for the show. It's similar to Candlelight Processional, except CP doesn't do FP. Hopefully, they open up the dining packages beyond September soon. Keep in mind - if you have breakfast and/or dinner reservations at one of the AK restaurants, they probably won't help you at all for the ROL package. Those reservations are separate from the regular dining reservations. In short, you probably can't use a Tusker House breakfast reservation and make it a ROL package. And it's the "package" that includes a seat at the ROL show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    It sounds like ROL is a light and water show - something we're really looking forward to trying. We've also been trying to get a dinner package. The way I understand it, you'll have 3 ways to get a seat for the show - a breakfast/dinner package, a Fast Pass, or wait a long time before the show in a stand-by line and hope there are enough seats for the show. It's similar to Candlelight Processional, except CP doesn't do FP. Hopefully, they open up the dining packages beyond September soon. Keep in mind - if you have breakfast and/or dinner reservations at one of the AK restaurants, they probably won't help you at all for the ROL package. Those reservations are separate from the regular dining reservations. In short, you probably can't use a Tusker House breakfast reservation and make it a ROL package. And it's the "package" that includes a seat at the ROL show.
    Actually no. The ROL packages are offered for all three meal periods. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Tuskers offers all three, Tiffins only offers Lunch and dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyVampire View Post
    Actually no. The ROL packages are offered for all three meal periods. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Tuskers offers all three, Tiffins only offers Lunch and dinner.

My mistake - thank you for the clarification. I think we've been so focused personally on breakfast and dinner for us, I forgot about lunch!

Post Thanks / Like

So is it like Fantasmic, and if you don't have reservations or wait in long line you can't see it? And maybe all the seats will be gone? I hate that there is a new attraction that we won't be able to see because we didn't wake up at dawn to get the elusive passes.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Can Rivers of light be viewed from areas in the park that are not part of the official seating area? For example the dinning area for Flame Tree Bar b Que has some pretty good views of the water, can ROL be viewed from there?
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

We've not actually seen the show yet, but we have seen the new theater seats they built. The seats are in the area of Everest, around toward Finding Nemo. I don't think there is a dining area where you'll see any of the ROL show. I suppose you might be able to stand and watch it from someplace - not sure. I guess we'll know more next month when we finally get to see it.

But the fact that there are a couple options for people to get into the show, like FP or dining package, most people should be able to get in to see it with a little planning.

One thing to keep in mind - it looks like the show runs every night (sometimes twice a night) during the summer months. But other times of the year, it appears to run just 4 nights per week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Can Rivers of light be viewed from areas in the park that are not part of the official seating area? For example the dinning area for Flame Tree Bar b Que has some pretty good views of the water, can ROL be viewed from there?
    No the way the show is it's projected in the direction of the Flame Tree. Therefore, you will not see the show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post

One thing to keep in mind - it looks like the show runs every night (sometimes twice a night) during the summer months. But other times of the year, it appears to run just 4 nights per week.
    The shows run normally Tues, Thus, Sat, Sun. It runs 7 days a week starting on 5/26 through the summer.

There are some where there will be a second show, but let me warn you they sometimes do cancel those shows. I can verify that most of the shows are sold out through the months of June and September. July still has some availability.

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also get a fastpass to see it or stand by as well. I think the general consensus is the closer to the center you can sit the better the view
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

We saw ROL last week for the first time & we were thoroughly impressed! To us it seemed like a cross between Fantasmic & IllumiNations! It was gorgeous! BUT, we had read that we needed to be there about an hour early to get a seat, and we did and boy did we regret it! The seating is far too cramped! It was hot and we were miserable! We will definitely see the show again, but we will wait until closer to show time to arrive! The stands didn't fill until shortly before the show!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink#64 View Post
    We saw ROL last week for the first time & we were thoroughly impressed! To us it seemed like a cross between Fantasmic & IllumiNations! It was gorgeous! BUT, we had read that we needed to be there about an hour early to get a seat, and we did and boy did we regret it! The seating is far too cramped! It was hot and we were miserable! We will definitely see the show again, but we will wait until closer to show time to arrive! The stands didn't fill until shortly before the show!
    We saw the show on May 6th. We did the Tiffins dinner package. The weather had broken the day before, so at show time it was about 70 degrees. The seating is tight and prior to the show you are constantly being asked to move down for more room. The night we saw it, announcements were made 90 minutes prior to the show that general admission areas were already at capacity. There is one spot that was taped off to watch the show from a bridge that we saw. We sat down about 20 minutes prior to the start.

We really enjoyed the show.... thought it was well done and visually beautiful to watch. Not sure how we would have felt waiting over an hour in the heat....
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: