Quantcast Avatar Flight Of Passage Ride Restrictions - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Not sure if I should skip this or not

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonsmom View Post
    Thanks! Not sure if I should skip this or not
    I watched a POV video online. There was a LOT of screaming going on. It seems to be a fairly thrilling ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The problem of people being unable to ride was the subject of a story on local TV (WKMG channel 6) last night. They said that WDW will be adding a "test vehicle" at the beginning of the queue so people can make sure they will be able to ride.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/som...ed-disney-ride
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info Ed.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like tron vehicles which were for a much smaller demographic.. Hmm, which is a sore subject since I wish we had tron, though I don't think I can fit the bikes. Still looks cool.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me how long this ride lasts. I am a little nervous about it being a motion type ride and am nervous to be on it for too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I watched a POV video online. There was a LOT of screaming going on. It seems to be a fairly thrilling ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    When I rode it some were screaming. It is thrilling. Most of the screaming was during drops (actual drop is no more than 4 feet), I closed my eyes on the drops. It's the 3D illusion of dropping that some were screaming at.

It is very smooth and not jerky like Star Tours. I have back problems and the seat back that holds you in really felt good on my back. I was hesitant at first as I can be a ride wimp, but I really loved this. To me Soarin' is scarier because of the height. Just to add , I'm not tiny and had no problem with the seat.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

9. Likes BrerGnat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonsmom View Post
    Can anyone tell me how long this ride lasts. I am a little nervous about it being a motion type ride and am nervous to be on it for too long.
    It's about 5 minutes, give or take. Around the same time frame as Soarin'.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    When I rode it some were screaming. It is thrilling. Most of the screaming was during drops (actual drop is no more than 4 feet), I closed my eyes on the drops. It's the 3D illusion of dropping that some were screaming at.

It is very smooth and not jerky like Star Tours. I have back problems and the seat back that holds you in really felt good on my back. I was hesitant at first as I can be a ride wimp, but I really loved this. To me Soarin' is scarier because of the height. Just to add , I'm not tiny and had no problem with the seat.
    So my daughter at 265. Is she going to be able to ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kathleen.talamantes.7 View Post
    So my daughter at 265. Is she going to be able to ride?

I'm apple shaped, 5'6 , 228# and had no problem. The f'arther forward you move up the better. The girl next to me wasn't as big and she had to have extra time to get set in. It's like you are on a motorcycle, leaning forward. I don't know if your daughter will be able to ride or not. That's the call of the CM. I hope she will be able to ride.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is hard to tell if you will fit until they get the test seats out there or until you actually try. I'm 5'8", have 17 inch calves, and wear a size 10-11 shoe. I had plenty of room for my legs but I can definitely see an issue if you are not flexible enough to get your foot all the way to the front. My friend's son is 6' 3" and 280. He did not fit but I also saw a man who wasn't very big struggling because he couldn't get one foot in far enough. They ended up having him take off his shoes.

As far as motion sickness, Star Tours can make me sick but I'm good with Soarin' I took a ginger pill before I rode just to be safe and was absolutely fine. The second time I rode right after I ate and felt a very small bit queasy but really had no problems. I highly recommend taking something before you ride it if you think you might get sick and trying it out. It is a great ride.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

This is rather disappointing news. My oldest son's gf is a pretty large girl. We had problems at Universal due to her size. They handled it poorly and she left crying. That night I promised there wouldn't be any issues like that at Disney. There wasn't for that trip, but I don't want her to go through that again, especially at Disney where she wouldn't be expecting it.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand they are keeping track of those unable to ride. Maybe larger seats if there's too many?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I think it is hard to tell if you will fit until they get the test seats out there or until you actually try. I'm 5'8", have 17 inch calves, and wear a size 10-11 shoe. I had plenty of room for my legs but I can definitely see an issue if you are not flexible enough to get your foot all the way to the front. My friend's son is 6' 3" and 280. He did not fit but I also saw a man who wasn't very big struggling because he couldn't get one foot in far enough. They ended up having him take off his shoes.

As far as motion sickness, Star Tours can make me sick but I'm good with Soarin' I took a ginger pill before I rode just to be safe and was absolutely fine. The second time I rode right after I ate and felt a very small bit queasy but really had no problems. I highly recommend taking something before you ride it if you think you might get sick and trying it out. It is a great ride.
    I am intrigued - what is a ginger pill? I love fresh ginger but have never heard of a ginger pill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    I am intrigued - what is a ginger pill? I love fresh ginger but have never heard of a ginger pill.

I have heard of ginger pills. They are good for motion sickness as well as peppermint. I think you can get them in a vitamin section of a drugstore. I will have to check it out as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Ginger pills are problem a "your mileage may vary" type of item. Ginger is considered a natural remedy for motion sickness. I bought the Dramamine version which was right next to the regular Dramamine. There are other brands. Regular Dramanine can cause drowsiness and I don't want to be drowsy at a theme park. I get sea sick as well as motion sick if I'm in the back seat of a car. Star Tours can big me depending on which scenario I get. The ginger works well for me.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

20. Likes Genie1953 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks AgentC - I use fresh ginger for migraines but had never heard of a pill version. I definitely will look into this as I get car sick and circular rides get me (tea cups, etc) so maybe these would help.

Post Thanks / Like

I get motion sick too. I would love to try this, but I would absolutely take a Bonine first.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The problem of people being unable to ride was the subject of a story on local TV (WKMG channel 6) last night. They said that WDW will be adding a "test vehicle" at the beginning of the queue so people can make sure they will be able to ride.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/som...ed-disney-ride
    A "test vehicle" has now been placed outside the ride for guests to determine whether they will fir or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

24. Thanks Imalismom thanked for this post
    Likes Genie1953 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: