Quantcast Hall of Presidents - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TikiLounger View Post
    Okay...I'm a little embarrassed that I've never been to the Hall of Presidents. How can this be? My husband went during a trip with his parents way back in the 70s. He never really pushed the issue when the question of whether to take it in...or not, came up during our trips with the kids. Ah well. Maybe he and I will make it a point to see it this Nov.
    Its pretty good. Though if you dont' like the American Adventure, might not be your thing. We go most times. Great opportunity to cool off. Though I do like AA better.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Morristown NJ
    Posts
    7,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    If they want to roll back the clocks, then bring back the american store that was just outside that sold like tri-cornered hats, civil war caps, etc.
    And talking George Washington dolls. Being from Morristown my kids grew up with a lot of George Washington trivia. Between his headquarters, encampment, house etc we visited them quite a bit.

    Anyway, I miss the Americana store.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

  4. Likes Fusillejerry liked this post
  5. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    And talking George Washington dolls. Being from Morristown my kids grew up with a lot of George Washington trivia. Between his headquarters, encampment, house etc we visited them quite a bit.

    Anyway, I miss the Americana store.
    I grew up in Cedar Knolls, so I had my share of visits to the NJ Washington sites. Now I'm in the DC area so I've had a chance to bring the kids to Mt. Vernon and Monticello and start teaching them about American history. HOP is a great way to sneak a history lesson into your Disney vacation.
    - Brian

    First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

  6. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
  7. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TikiLounger View Post
    Okay...I'm a little embarrassed that I've never been to the Hall of Presidents. How can this be? My husband went during a trip with his parents way back in the 70s. He never really pushed the issue when the question of whether to take it in...or not, came up during our trips with the kids. Ah well. Maybe he and I will make it a point to see it this Nov.
    Wow! Never been? It's a great place to cool off in the middle of a hot day.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

  8. Likes luvdiznee liked this post
  9. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Wow! Never been? It's a great place to cool off in the middle of a hot day.
    And to take a nap!!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  10. Likes luvdiznee, baldburke liked this post
  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Texas 1137 miles from WDW
    Posts
    1,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Well, disappointing, but not surprising this hasn't been a high priority for POTUS. I would have really liked to keep up the trend of the newer presidents speaking. For me though, this is the way it has always been. I like this difference than the DL version w/ Lincoln.

    If they want to roll back the clocks, then bring back the american store that was just outside that sold like tri-cornered hats, civil war caps, etc.
    Agreed! Let Abe, George (washington) and maybe Kennedy do the talking. Let us be able to buy old timey colonial period knick nacks and learn a little something. Having current presidents speak is just asking for issues. (I mean, I heard people boo W and Obama's HOP versions so just imagine now)
    Just make it a glorious 3 hour tribute.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

    July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

  12. Likes Hammer, baldburke liked this post
  13. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    Agreed! Let Abe, George (washington) and maybe Kennedy do the talking. Let us be able to buy old timey colonial period knick nacks and learn a little something. Having current presidents speak is just asking for issues. (I mean, I heard people boo W and Obama's HOP versions so just imagine now)
    Just make it a glorious 3 hour tribute.

    I myself would like Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan. Leave Lincoln at DL.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  14. #28
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The news today is that the Trump animatronic will speak "a few words."

    Disney is/was going to be criticized no matter what they do here. It's a no win situation for them. Personally, I thought a return to previous HOP style was a good idea--then there is no issue now or going forward, regardless of election results.
    Holly
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    "Think of the safety. Think of the sense of well-being. At last, your family can be protected from the heartbreak of gorilla invasion." Dr. B. Honeydew

  15. Likes Hammer, Fusillejerry liked this post
  16. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
    Posts
    4,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HollyB View Post

    Disney is/was going to be criticized no matter what they do here. It's a no win situation for them. Personally, I thought a return to previous HOP style was a good idea--then there is no issue now or going forward, regardless of election results.
    I agree, I was looking forward to seeing this show without the negative audience commentary that has plagued it for at least the last 16 years. Oh well, guess it will still be watching it once a presidential term for me.
    Christine șoș

    Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

    Please support Intercot's Sponsors

  17. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    INTERCOT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    31,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Let's remember to keep the responses focused on the topic at hand and avoid the editorial/political commentary. This is a hot enough potato as it is, so please try not to fan the flames
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

    Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

    Next trip:

    April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

    Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

  18. Thanks luvdiznee thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke liked this post
  19. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is interesting. I don't recall when the change occurred but I do remember sitting through the old HOP had every president speak. I'm fine with them doing this but obviously it should be the more recent/important presidents. However now that I'm older and can appreciate it more, it would be awesome if they ran a long play presentation a few times a day that incorporated all the presidents.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

  20. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In the original version of HOP, each president nodded or acknowledged their name as the roll was called. However, they did not speak. Only Lincoln. I'm trying to recall if Washington introduced him or not, but no one else had a speaking part until Clinton. AFAIK, they should have kept it in the original format.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

  21. Likes baldburke liked this post
  22. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Politics has gotten more and more divisive and polarized in recent years, and the presidency is up for grabs every four years. Trying to keep up with the current chief executive is going to rock the boat by definition for every transfer of power or second term. Disney needs to look past 2017, 2021, 2025, etc., and play the long game. It's unlikely any of the presidents on Mount Rushmore will recede in popularity within that time frame. They're a safe bet, largely immune from current day politics. It's the smart move.

    The thing I love most about Disney parks is that I forget about the actual world when I'm there, politics included. Good bad or indifferent, it's psychic energy I'd rather spend on figuring out a way to double-fist Dole Whips without obviously looking like I'm double-fisting Dole Whips. Now that is America.
    I vacation like it's a full-time job. If only it really was.

  23. Likes Fusillejerry liked this post
  24. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    oh I could see a day where they want to take Roosevelt or TJ off the mountain.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  25. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bird Street View Post
    The thing I love most about Disney parks is that I forget about the actual world when I'm there, politics included. Good bad or indifferent, it's psychic energy I'd rather spend on figuring out a way to double-fist Dole Whips without obviously looking like I'm double-fisting Dole Whips. Now that is America.
    I think old Walt considered himself a bit of a patriot and was proud to have "America" be part of Disneyland and Disneyworld. Could we imagine DW/DL without Livery Square or Epcot without the American Pavilion? Look around the foyer of the American Pavilion and in typical Disney fashion there is detail with all the painting and statues. Yes, politics may seem like a bit of a mess right now (granted the media isn't helping) but why wouldn't we want to celebrate our 241 years of greatness?
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

  26. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I think old Walt considered himself a bit of a patriot and was proud to have "America" be part of Disneyland and Disneyworld. Could we imagine DW/DL without Livery Square or Epcot without the American Pavilion? Look around the foyer of the American Pavilion and in typical Disney fashion there is detail with all the painting and statues. Yes, politics may seem like a bit of a mess right now (granted the media isn't helping) but why wouldn't we want to celebrate our 241 years of greatness?
    The American Pavilion is being replaced by a Frozen 2 attraction with a Star Wars meet n greet mixed in. A new hybrid concept.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site