Quantcast 9:50pm 'Ohana reservations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9:50pm 'Ohana reservations

So we are travelling to WDW during Thanksgiving week.

I have all of my dining reservations made. The only time we were able to get a dining reservation at 'Ohana was 9:50 pm on a night park closes at 10.

First I thought that was horrible because we wouldn't be able to see the fireworks.

Now...I am wondering if that isn't so bad. Hopefully we will be able to see the fireworks. If I remember correctly they dim the lights and pipe in the music.

So....my seasoned travelers ....should I keep 9:50 or try to find something earlier if possible.:
    Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a crapshoot, really. They do dim the lights, however you may not have seats with a viewing. Additionally, you may not be seated by 10. If your seats aren't ideal, you can walk to the windows, but then you're possibly interfering with someone else's view. I'm not trying to discourage, I'm just giving you personal experience.

One more experience I had, we showed up around 8 and were seated well before our almost 9:30 reservation time. Depending on how many are in your party, you could be out in time to see the fireworks from the boat dock (if they still allow that).
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply. I did think about viewing from the windows, but don't want to hinder anyone else's viewing area. Maybe they still have the dock and we can go out to see them.

It really is a **** shoot.....I try intermittenly in day to try to change but no luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Showing up early is not a bad idea, but may not always work. There have been several times we arrived early only to be told to come back to check in 15 minutes before our scheduled ADR. Being your reservation is Thanksgiving week I expect it will be super busy and I wouldn't count on getting seated early.

We are in the same boat for 4th of July week. The only time available was 9:35. I took it but that's pretty late for us for such a big meal. Another day did pop up at 8:15, but that day doesn't work for us. Like my DH always says "late ohana better than no ohana!"
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

My DD had a late ressie and happened to be around fireworks time. Due to slow eaters they couldn't even get into eat til well after the fireworks ended. They wound up getting another time later in the week due to this and it was at 7pm. Worked out ok but Ohana's should that that into consideration.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

You all have great suggestions. I would agree that people would eat slowly to hang around for fireworks. Thankfully we will have another night to watch them.

I will keep trying to change the time though.

Thank you all!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a fun thought ... could this work? You could check-in for the ADR, but since no one will be leaving for fireworks, go out and watch them yourself outside, and then come back in and be seated?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I was thinking.....Is there still somewhere I can watch from outside? The beach area?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: