Quantcast Satu'Li Canteen Review and Pongu Pongu snacks (Pandora at Animal Kingdom)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Satu'Li Canteen Review and Pongu Pongu snacks (Pandora at Animal Kingdom)

I've eaten at Satu'li twice now and sampled a variety of dishes so I think it's time for a review. If you would like to see pictures head over to the Intercot FB or Instagram feed. I posted some last week and will add a few this week.

Bowls

The main food option at the Canteen are bowls. For each bowl, you pick a protein , a base and a sauce.

For my first choice I picked the Sustainable Fish Bowl with the red and sweet potato hash and the burnt onion chimichurri sauce. The fish was a small portion. It was quite good but the edges were over cooked. The potato hash was excellent and you get a lot. The sauce was fine but a little bland. Overall a good meal, very satisfying and I would get it again.

For my next bowl, I tried the Slow Roasted Grilled Beef with the Black Bean Vinaigrette and again the hash base (there are 3 others bases but the hash has been getting the best reviews. I have not tried the others) I liked this a lot. The beef was tender and had good flavor. The Black Bean Sauce had much more flavor.

Pods

Next up the Pods. Adults have the option of Vegetable steamed curry pods or Cheeseburger pods. Kids have a cheeseburger pods.

I liked the vegetable pods a lot however the curry taste is very strong so if you do not like curry , this is not the dish for you. The vegetables were well cooked and the curry was offset nicely bu the buns.

The cheeseburger pods got mixed reviews from my family. My husband really liked them. I love the flavor of the beef. The beef , cheese, ketchup, mustard and pickle mix is yummy. My only complaint is I felt the ratio of bun to beef was off. I would have liked a bit more filling to offset the bun which is very soft. These were a miss for both of my kids who are picky eaters. They are more plain hamburger kids. My daughter instantly noticed the pickles and was out. My son didn't like the mustard. If your kids will eat a traditionally dressed burger they will like this more than mine.

Other Kid Options

All Beef Hotdog wrapped in dough

This was my favorites kids meal. The all beef dog had a lot of flavor. The bun was soft and had a slight glaze. The hot dog is big and I think some adults could be satisfied with this kids meal.

Cheese Quesadilla

This was the favorite of both my picky children. Two basic cheddar and mozzarella tortilla quesadillas. The tortillas are the size used for soft tacos.

Kids meals comes with seasoned vegetable chips and grapes. Adult meals come with coleslaw in the bowls and chips with pods.

Desserts

Chocolate Cake

This is really a mousse based cake on a crunchy cookie. The cookie was a nice surprise and I liked the banana cream on top and the pineapple sauce. However it was a bit too chocolate for me.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse

This has an unusual flavor profile so how much you like this depends on how much you like the flavors. A small meringue sits on top of a passion fruit curd on top of a blueberry mouse. There is also a piece of white chocolate and a sauce. I really liked this. My kids liked the white chocolate and meringue but found the flavors and textures to be weird. I would definitely get this again.

Pongu Pongu

Pongu Pongu mainly has drinks but they also have a specialty snack called the Pongu Lumpia. This is a fried spring roll filled with pineapple and cream cheese. The filling was sweet and warm and the outside had a nice crunch. These were messy but I really liked them.

And that's everything we tried. Happy eating.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2. Thanks eam, ibelieveindisneymagic, PopPhan, Mendelson thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you tell me if the red and sweet potato hash has onions in it? I have a strong aversion to onions, although I love the flavor (go figure), but the hash sounds delicious.

Thanks!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

It does have small pieces of onions in it. Sorry!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

6. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    However it was a bit too chocolate for me.
    I'm sorry I simply can't understand this concept. Is this the Na'vi language? Can someone explain this?
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    I'm sorry I simply can't understand this concept. Is this the Na'vi language? Can someone explain this?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: