Quantcast First Trip with Teens Day Three Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Trip with Teens Day Three Epcot

Today was even hotter. Whew.

We got to Epcot about when it opened and headed to Test Track. There was already a long wait- 60 minutes. We decided to use single rider line and each were able to ride with one member of our party. It was much faster! A nice, exhilarating start to our day. Next FP to Soarin. First time with new video. Loved it. Youngest son was disappointed the California orange smell was gone. Then Living with the Land and Space Ship Earth before heading into the world in search of lunch.

Wandering around the world in search of lunch in the heat was not he most enjoyable. Everyone wanted something different the further confusion of the outdoor kitchens made lunch inefficient. On a nice cool day it would have been fine, but we did a lot of walking and backtracking so that two of us could have Smokehouse outdoor kitchen barbecue, two had Japanese, one had nachos, then there was scallop tasting in Canada's outdoor kitchen (fabulous!) a fruit sushi and ahi tuna in another stand...and probably more. By then we were all very hot and exhausted. We tried to enjoy exploring the world after that but found ourselves standing under AC vents in shops and wondering how we could last until dinner. We did the Gran Fiesta with three cabelleros and remembered why we never do this. It is SO awful. Really? Why is this still here? Then we did Impressions of France (a bit of napping occurred) and the Canada in the round film with Martin Short. All I can say is it was out of the sun. Dinner in Les Chefs de France was excellent. It really feels like a French bistro. The food was all very good if not authentic, gourmet French. We shared the cheese plate and charcuterie plate. I tasted everyone's food. Salmon was good, mac and cheese was okay, but the beef tenderloin was excellent. French onion soup was huge, but delicious. The salad was also huge. Lobster bisque was very good. We were too full for dessert, but of course that didn't stop us from ordering creme brullee, some kind of mouse in a cream puff, chocolate cake with mint ice cream and assorted sorbets. They were all good, but not outstanding. Maybe because we were so full! All in all a very enjoyable meal. We decided we were too wiped out to stay for illuminations. By the time we got to the car the fireworks were beginning.

We were happy to get 30 minutes in the resort pool before they kicked us out at 10:00. It was nice to be cool and comfortable finally. I am a little worried that we have another long day in Animal Kingdom tomorrow. We may leave before Rivers of Light, even though I am eager to see it. It is just so hot. I am trying to see if we can bring a change of clothes and ride Kali, but the lines have been so long I don't even know if that will happen.

Thoughts for today: The Flower and Garden show is so beautiful. I love Epcot. Not sure i would return at this time of the year. The heat and lines are extreme. I don't like the new policy of charging 10.00 for meal cancellations. Sometimes you need to go back to the hotel and rest and a 60.00 penalty is ridiculous. I don't think I like the new fast pass system. It amounts to: two decent fast passes and one undesirable or unnecessary one and no more for the rest of the day. In the past we used multiple passes through out the day. It is nice not to have to run around to get passes, but I feel like we have no ability to choose our activities or meals anymore. I am kind of looking forward to Universal.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the penalty for meal cancellations was only for certain restaurants. We were not charged anything in November when we cancelled our reservations at Coral Reef.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

When it is really hot, it can be difficult to enjoy all the attractions. I'm a big fan of the Flower & Garden show and am sorry we will miss it this year!! Sounds like a really yummy dinner.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I've done early June WDW and it is HOT How can you not like the Mexico boat ride? AKA Mexico it's a small world-it's a nostalgic favorite for us!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: