Quantcast First Trip with Teens Day 4- AK and Pandora

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Trip with Teens Day 4- AK and Pandora

It was not quite as hot today, thank goodness. There was a slight breeze and puffy clouds and lots of humidity. We had a wonderful morning using our FP for Flights of Passage in Pandora. It was beautiful, thrilling and just wonderful. I would not, however, wait 2-5 hours to enjoy it. I was amazed by the lines. We did not have a FP for Navi River Journey and therefore were not able to experience it. Again i am not going to stand in line for hours. We did standby for Safaris which wasn't too long. I like this so much more with out the poacher story/distraction. We saw many animals including giraffes, lions, hippos, etc. We had FP for Expedition Everest which was great as always. Next breakfast/lunch in Tusker House with Minnie, Micky, Donald and Daisy. We always love this. We hit Nemo and Dinosaur and then with no hope of doing more in Pandora decided to head back to ASM for naps and pool time. Still a half day park unless you want to spend the other half in line. It was too humid to want to linger and watch the animals much. We've seen the Lion King many times and decided that rest was preferable. After naps we headed back for dinner at Tiffins. It was a beautiful ambiance and the food was very good, but I'm not sure I think it is worth 2 table credits. It was about 350.00 for 6 of us, only one glass of wine, no desserts, a couple apps. The park is really lovely at night. They did a beautiful job with lighting. We decided to do Expedition Everest again which seemed even more thrilling at night. I tried to look out at the beautiful park while we climbed the mountain, but it was too terrifying for me. I love the rest of the ride, but the climb makes me nervous!!! We were disappointed that lightening made them cancel Rivers of Light and also our FP for Kali River. We explored the luminescent Pandora after dark and the lightening seemed to enhance the beauty of this magical land. When fat raindrops began coming down we ran to Dinosaur because it was indoors. It was fun again, but when we came out it was really pouring. We were all drenched by the time we got to the car. The ponchos i had purchased and brought to WDW remained in the hotel room! Oh, well. My teenaged boys had fun splashing each other in the puddles and it was nice to be chilly after sweating for days. All in all it was a fun day. My verdict on Pandora is that it is a wonderful addition, but I would never go back unless the popularity dwindles or there is a way to get fast passes to the attractions.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in seeing the new area at Animal Kingdom but not very interested in waiting in very long lines. Usually whenever we need our rain gear, we've left it in the room which explains why I have so many Disney World umbrellas!!! (On the other hand, whenever we take our rain gear with us, it never seems to actually rain.) The boys had the right idea - just enjoy the weather you've got - regardless of what it is!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree that I think Tiffins is not worth 2 credits or out of pocket. Always seemed overhyped like Le Cellier. I think there are much better places in WDW for less money/1 credit like Turf Club. I also find it ridiculous how overpriced their entrees are like it's almost $30 for a vegetable curry. Skipper's Canteen's curry is $17......
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: