Quantcast May Trip Days 5 & 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default May Trip Days 5 & 6

Thursday

Breakfast watching the animals again. We headed to MK and arrived as the park opened. We headed to Tomorrowland Speedway. I was surprised at how quickly the line for this grew right after park opening. We waited about 20 minutes. DD drove herself and I was behind her with DS and it was funny to watch her maneuver the car. She loved it. Next we headed to the carousel. DD looked for Cinderella's horse and was able to get on that one. She was so excited! After the carousel we did Mickey's Philharmagic. Then it was off to Pooh (FP).

After Pooh, we rode the Railroad to Frontierland. DS loved that. Then we rode Big Thunder Mountain (FP) with Rider Switch. We had ice cream while waiting. Then we had lunch at Pecos Bill. We had nachos and enjoyed it! Then, DD and I did Splash Mountain (FP) and DH and DS did Jungle Cruise (FP). When we were done I booked FP for Bug's Life at AK that evening and we headed back to AKL for naps.

We arrived at AK and did pictures in front of the tree. We headed towards Pandora but it was closed for the day. We went to the tree for Bug's Life (FP) and it was a fun time. the park was busy and we headed to Yak & Yeti for dinner. When we were done we walked to Dinoland but the lines for everything were long and we didn't want to wait. We headed back to AKL to put DS to bed and pack up to check out in the morning.

Friday

We didn't watch the animals long this morning. We packed up the car, checked out, and headed to AK before park opening. This was the day before Pandora's opening. As soon as it opened lots of people were heading to Pandora quickly. We went as quick as we could and it was a soft opening. We walked through and the ride lines were already over an hour long. We had FP set for other rides and had plans to leave mid-afternoon to head home so we decided not to try to adjust FP and wait in the line for either attraction. Bummer, I know! But we did walk through Pandora and take pictures. It is beautiful. I can only imagine at night. There was a couple news crews doing a live spot there and lots of CM around to "show off" the land. Telling us about the land and showing off some of the features. It was kind of neat to experience. We headed to FotLK for the 10:00 show (FP). It is our absolute favorite and a must do. Then we headed to the Safari for our FP but we were a little early and they wouldn't let us through so we walked Gorilla Falls. It was a neat experience and DD shook the shaker for the bird feeding. We were done in about 15 minutes then headed to the Safari (FP) and loved it as always. After the Safari we headed to Expedition Everest (FP) and did Rider Switch. Then I booked a FP for Adventurers Outpost to see Mickey & Minnie one last time before we head home. We ate lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. It was the best meal of the trip. It's on our list of must do's. We went to see Mickey & Minnie at the Outpost (FP) and it was the best character interaction of the whole trip. We loved it. DS wouldn't let go of Minnie's hand. We walked back to Pandora to see it one last time but they weren't letting people in anymore, it had closed for the day. We headed back to AKL, stopped at the restroom, looked out the big window, stopped at the gift shop for the last few souvenirs and we headed to the car sad to be leaving.

2. Thanks eam thanked for this post
    Likes eam liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Saying goodbye is the hardest part, but it sounds like you had an outstanding time while you were there.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline, j2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great trip!! Sorry it is over. Even though you didn't get on the rides, it's nice you got to peek through the new Pandora section!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

7. Likes j2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is the hardest part. We will return in a few years, after the major construction at Hollywood Studios is done. I am already looking for where to stay next.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: