Quantcast Poly, CR or GF

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Poly, CR or GF

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly, CR or GF

Poly, CR or GF which one would you recommend? Trip would be in the winter.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Poly- GF is too bustling and just not my style, and CR was just ok. It was nice being able to walk to Mk from the CR, but overall we didn't care for the room. We love Hawaii, and the Poly really has such a great atmosphere, especially in winter.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I like CR or GF. CR would have an edge in the winter because everything is under one roof, so of its chilly or rainy, it's more enjoyable to be able to stay out of the elements.

GF is a great resort. It is TOTALLY not my style either but we ended up there last August and I really enjoyed it, much more than I thought I would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Polynesian. We have stayed there twice now, as recently as this year, and it's taken the top spot on our list of resorts we love. We love the tropical laid back vibe there. Love walking along the torch lit paths at night and watching the fireworks from the beach. We also love all of the food options within the resort. I mean how can you beat Ohana room service!! The menu at the Oasis pool has become one of our favorites!

Have never stayed at the Grand. I'd like to one day just to see what it's like, but it's not really my style. However, when taking a spin on the monorail I have always found the Grand Floridian to feel much calmer than the Poly. The Poly is always filled to the brim with other guests visiting for Ohana's it seems!

Have stayed at the Contemporary once, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these resorts, but for my family it would be Poly all the way if we were to choose from the three.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I like each for different reasons. I love the walking option from CR. When the monorail is down, it is so convenient to control your own destiny. I don't generally like a modern decor, but like the clean lines at the CR. The GF is majestic. I love the lobby especially at Christmas. Of the three, I like the GF the least. The Poly has a great, relaxed feel. I love the Volcano Pool and the restaurant options. I feel at home at the Poly! I think the truth is that you can't go wrong with any of them. Have fun planning!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone. I am going to try to book the CR since you can walk tot the parks. It also looks like the food court has better options. Will definitely try out OHanas for dinner. We have never eaten there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tippy987 View Post
    Thank you everyone. I am going to try to book the CR since you can walk tot the parks. It also looks like the food court has better options. Will definitely try out OHanas for dinner. We have never eaten there.
    I believe the only park you can walk to from CR is Magic Kingdom.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: