I am seeking a place to rent a scooter for our trip for my mother. Will a scooter be able to fit in the trunk of my mini van? Do they fold up somehow? We will be staying off property with her for a few days after a week at Disney with my MIL. She has never used a scooter before. I would just rent a wheelchair but I need to push a stroller as well.

She can walk a little and transfer to rides. She just can't walk all day or go up and down stairs very easily. She also can't stand for hours in lines.As long as a ride line is scooter friendly she will be fine. What do I do at rides like Peter Pan's Flight? I don't think that ride is accessible. Can the rest of us wait in line and then she can meet us at the back entrance somehow? I know she won't want to use guest assistance. That kind of makes things difficult. I don't want to make the wait times shorter but want to know that they would let her join the party after we have waited in line.

I don't think it will be a huge issue as her favorite rides probably won't have very long lines. She won't want to ride any of the roller coaster type rides. Her favorites are It's A Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, and Pirates of The Caribbean. She also loves The Great Movie Ride, Muppet Vision, Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and the ride formally known as Maelstrom.

Does anyone have firsthand scooter experience with those rides? This trip is mainly for her. We live overseas and she doesn't get a chance to see the grandkids much. They will have already had a week at the parks so we, are doing her favorites during the few days she is with us.