Quantcast This time it's OUR trip - day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default This time it's OUR trip - day 2

June 9th

Our first morning in WDW brought a break from the rain we encountered on arrival and after yesterday's news, we needed some light.

We grabbed a bus to Magic Kingdom to be there by the 8 am opening. Security lines were long. DH noted for the first time security seemed to really be checking things well. It also began a week of playing spot the undercover Disney security (DH being a cop finds this very fun for reasons that allude me). We were through security and up Main Street before opening.

Caught the tail end of the new show, I won't lie I miss the original. First ride stop was The Little Mermaid to reacquaint DS with rides and how it all works. Next was Dumbo, a fast favorite, and then DS's first roller coaster the Barnstormer which he loved.

After this we used our first fast pass for Pooh then hopped on Small World. At this pony DS needed a break but I had someone forgotten to put snacks in our bag! We tracked down some Mickey goldfish and after a snack and a breather everyone was ready to go again. We did the carsouel next, followed by a fast pass for Peter Pan.

We had some time to kill so we did a spin on the Riverboat a first for DH. Next up was our fast pass for Haunted Mansion. DS was a champ and did great! At this point the park was getting really crowded so we opted to head back to saratoga.

Once back we grabbed lunch at the food court then headed back to our room to chill out for a bit. By 3 we were showered and ready to go again and this time we took our car to Epcot. We rode spaceship earth and the seas, DS loved exploring the aquarium at the end.

We had a 5:45 reservation at the California Grill. DS fell asleep on the way over and since we arrived early we all chilled in the car while he took a 45 minute nap. He actually slept though our arrival at the restaurant and through ordering.

As always this meal was amazing. We had a bahn mi flatbread and the goat cheese ravioli appetizers. DH got the filet as his entree. I had the scallops which came with a Spanish inspired sauce and shavings of Serrano ham. It was delicious. They even had the wine we drank their on our honeymoon. fantastic meal.

Because it was day 1 we were a little crazy today and hopped back in the car to head to Hollywood studios after our meal. I was able to snag a Pixar live fast pass earlier in the day. We grabbed Starbucks on our way in and then headed right to the 8:15 show. I adored this. DS loved watching his favorite movies.

Last but not least we watched the stars wars fireworks. This show was really great and DH being a Star Wars nut loved it.

Finally, we headed back to the room, everyone was ready for some much needed sleep.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time, and you're right those scallops sound amazing!
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you got a lot done, even with a little one.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day, you certainly have the right idea with going early, taking a break and then heading back out again-that's my favorite way to do Disney!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! 3 parks in one day with a little one. Amazing!!!!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: