Quantcast Rivers of Light Dining Package vs. Fastpass+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rivers of Light Dining Package vs. Fastpass+

Anyone have firsthand experience with either Fastpass+ or Tiffins Dining Package for Rivers of Light?

We have the dining package but I am thinking about dropping it if we get a Fastpass.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the Tusker House dining package, so I can't comment on Tiffins, but the ROL part was great! FP+ is pretty tight at AK, with Pandora, but if you can spare one, they both have good seats for ROL.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We did the Tiffins package. Seating was great.

Tiffins was fantastic! Seriously. We had the curry soup and octopus appetizer. I had the waygu and DH had the venison. The vension entree was hands down the best thing we ate on vacation (and we dined at several signature restaurants).
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I think either works fine for the show - but I would recommend getting one of them to avoid having to wait in a stand-by line. FP+ folks sit in the theater near Everest. Dining package folks sit in the theater closer to Nemo. We did the Tusker House breakfast package, and it worked great - we got paper tickets for ROL at breakfast, and just handed them in when we entered the ROL theater.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if they are ever going to open the dining packages for November. I have checked every day for the last 2 months. Nothing! We have reservations for Breakfast already at Tusker House but would like to trade it for a ROL dining package. Are they just not going to do it in the winter months?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Anyone know if they are ever going to open the dining packages for November. I have checked every day for the last 2 months. Nothing! We have reservations for Breakfast already at Tusker House but would like to trade it for a ROL dining package. Are they just not going to do it in the winter months?
    We're also going in November and have breakfast ressie's at Tusker house! What exactly is the ROL dinning package?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angela2679 View Post
    We're also going in November and have breakfast ressie's at Tusker house! What exactly is the ROL dinning package?
    The ROL Dining package? Where you get breakfast and a seat at the show - or lunch or dinner and a seat at the show. The restaurants currently offering these packages are Tusker House and Tiffins. It's similar to the Candlelight Processional where you can buy the lunch or dinner package, and be assured a seat at the show.

For some reason, they've been ridiculously delayed in releasing the dining package reservations for November. At this point, it's only a few more weeks until we can get a FP instead for the November show! I sure hope they open it up soon.

9. Likes angela2679 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any inside information on why they have not released the November ROL dining pkg? Are they just not going to do it after October? Time to make our FPs this week and I need to know what to do.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: I just, curiously, wandered over to the ROL Dining Package page to see if my date opened up yet... and it looks like the whole month of November has opened up! I managed to get a reservation for the Tiffin's ROL dining package for November 2nd. So, no more stressing about waiting in that line vs. only having the option of 3 fast passes for the entire day.
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

12. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had been checking every day and asked my MJ agent yesterday if she knew when it would open up. She said she had seen that it was open. How did I miss it? Oh, maybe because I was consumed with the hurricane coming in? Anyway I was able to get a ressie for Tiffins on Nov 13 for ROL but then I saw that Tiffins is a Signature Restaurant and don't want to give up 2 TS for it. I wanted Tusker House but nothing was available. So this morning while making FPs, I tried again and was able to get Tusker House and cancelled the other one. Just didn't get breakfast the way I wanted but I will take lunch. That is done! FP is done! Now come on November!

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: