Quantcast The 2006 Disney Dining Plan...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The 2006 Disney Dining Plan...

Was $38. Included an app and, more importantly, the tip.

Posting in light of the new $75 price...a doubling in 12 years, reflecting a six percent annual increase. However, because it no longer includes the tip, the $75 is not really accurate, so it's much more than six percent.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

2. Likes Davy Crockett liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I used to be all about the dining plan, but lately for us it just doesn't make as much sense. Especially since we are not dessert people. Out of pocket has worked a lot better for us lately-I just make sure to tuck the money away a little at a time when I can.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the cost of the meals has gone up a significant percentage since 2006, too. For us, we don't find it's worth it to do now, and we didn't 10-11 years ago. But it's obvious that it's very popular when it's included with the room and ticket packages they sell at Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoy using the dining plan. We have a tendency to eat at more expensive restaurants. So it works. Add in the quick service that we use for breakfast and the snacks for my very snacking husband and we always come out ahead. It will work even more for us now as my husband likes a cocktail for dinner and my daughter loves shakes. So fo us it is a win win

Post Thanks / Like

The dining plan would now cost my family over $2100! In 2007 we stayed 8 nights at Coronado springs, 5 day hoppers, and dining which included appetizers and tip for around $2100!

The kids were 7 and 5 at the time so both were still considered children by Disney standards. And I am sure we had some sort of discount, but still.....
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

8. Likes Mendelson, VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow - how times have changed! We did our first trip in 2006 and flat out rejected the dining plan because it was WAYYY too expensive, LOL. Ironically, my salary has not gone up at anywhere near the pace of Disney-flation so it would have actually been way more affordable for me then than it is now.

Post Thanks / Like

To be the devil's advocate here, no one bats an eye (or at least I've seen) when people spend upwards of $200-$800 per night for a hotel room yet there's huge issues with the new dining plan cost. What it boils down to is what works for each family and each family's budget. My family will prioritize food on our trips. I could easily outspend the $75 per day by eating expensive entrees. I see how this is excessive for many and I think Disney did jip those who can't drink alcohol, but overall the dining plan is convenient and efficient for my family.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I bat big, hard eyes at spending much over $300 a night for hotel rooms, FWIW, and even that makes me blanch.

I agree that it works for some. The point of the post was how much it's gone up in so short a time (and again, having to pay the tip OOP now is a biggie). If I were the some it works for, I'd be irritated.

BTW, it's gyp (not jip) and I normally am not one of those correctors but only point it out because it's short for gypsy, so an offensive use to some, as it suggests gypsies/Roma are thieves. But I'm not one, so don't personally care, and maybe they are, who knows. Aside from urban legends that they were going to kidnap neighborhood kids in the early 80s, my only exposure is Disney's Esmeralda and I don't recall her stealing anything, aside from Quasimodo's heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    I bat big, hard eyes at spending much over $300 a night for hotel rooms, FWIW, and even that makes me blanch.

I agree that it works for some. The point of the post was how much it's gone up in so short a time (and again, having to pay the tip OOP now is a biggie). If I were the some it works for, I'd be irritated.

BTW, it's gyp (not jip) and I normally am not one of those correctors but only point it out because it's short for gypsy, so an offensive use to some, as it suggests gypsies/Roma are thieves. But I'm not one, so don't personally care, and maybe they are, who knows. Aside from urban legends that they were going to kidnap neighborhood kids in the early 80s, my only exposure is Disney's Esmeralda and I don't recall her stealing anything, aside from Quasimodo's heart.
    What does FWIW mean? (Fort Wilderness IW?) Anyway, I was pointing out that if someone in your party doesn't consume alcohol or can't because they're under 21, the extra cost is in my opinion a rip-off. The alternative is smoothies or milkshakes, but I know plenty of people who'd find that very heavy or have allergies. The cost has gone up, but from a business perspective it makes total sense. They're raising the cost of everything at Disney Either way, I'm glad to have experienced it.

Post Thanks / Like

Update:FWIW-For what it's worth (finally figured out--I got the FW idea because I thought you were referring to a specific resort).

14. Likes VWL Mom, Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We were lucky enough to get "free" dining in the beginning when it included the tip. Because we had that to compare to current offerings, nothing else really measures up to those benefits.

We paid for the plan once, as a special gift to our son, about 6 years ago. That trip consisted of 2 adults and 2 children using a value resort.

All other usages were with "free" dining. I can't see paying for it now. Neither my husband nor I drink much alcohol and a shake at every meal doesn't seem appealing.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: