Quantcast This time it's OUR trip - day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default This time it's OUR trip - day 5

June 12
    We had to be up and out early today, 7:30 am reservations for the Bob Voyage breakfast. We took our car over to the Boardwalk and checked in about ten minutes early. We were seated shortly there after.

This meal starts with a tray of pastries. DH snagged the fruit filled clam and DS was a big fan of the star cookie. The braided croissant was also really good. We got a fruit cup and a parfait. DH had the eggs over polenta which was delicious but heavy. I had the royal brealfast. The steak was perfectly cooked and surprisingly tender. Potatoes were great but I didn't care for texture of the cheese/egg torte.
    The character interaction here was fun but DS was a bit overwhelmed by it. He did get all four to sign his book however.

We headed over to the Magic Kingdom parking lot next and encountered quite the line on our way in... and then more lines for the monorail. It was reallllllllly humid today. Despite the waits we were in the park just after opening and headed back to the Jungle Cruise first. Next up was Pirates and then we decided to try to baby swap big thunder mountain. I went first, waiting about 40 minutes, longer then posted. I shouldn't have worried though as DS had found the playground by splash mountain and was having a blast. DH rode next then we all hopped on to the railway.

We only rode to the story book circus entrance and then took the back walkway to tomorrowland. Has this always been a smoking area?! Because yuck we won't make the mistake again. The park was parked but we managed to get onto the people mover without much wait. DS really loved this one. We grabbed a quick lunch in tomorrowland. The heat and crowds were getting to high at this point so we headed back to the monorail. It was a looooong trip back, delay after delay.

When we got back to the resort DS crashed for a nap and DH got a load of laundry going. After resting and cooling down we headed to the bus for Animal Kingdom but we must have just missed one, wait time was 20 minutes. No thank you.

We opted for our car instead and we were at the gates at the same time we would have been picked up at. We had fast passes for flight of passage so we headed into pandora. DH rode first while DS found a shady spot to drive some new cars. With all the preshows it takes a good 30 minutes to ride this. I was up next and just wow. This ride is amazing. I easily get motion sick and this didn't bother me at all. So so so so cool.

By the time we both rode the weather had changed so we half ran to Tiffins for our rivers of light dining package. This meal was fantastic. We shared the curry soup and octopus appetizer. I had the Waygu strip and short rib. The strip was fantastic. The short rib was kind of dry and dissapointing. DH the venison and it was amazing. He hasn't stopped raving about it since. We'll definitely come back here again.

Unfortunately it was stillllll raining. Sigh. We head back to Starbucks to grab coffees and decide what to do. Opted for bugs life. We spent a lot of time exploring the line. DS loved pointing out the animals. Next up was an evening ride on the safari, we saw the hyenas and the lions were up and super active!

We headed back through Asia to get our seats for Rivers of Light. Wow this area is PACKED for this. I'm glad we had the package. We got great seats and DS loved the show. So did we. I can't wait to see this one again. DS fell asleep right as it ended so we set him up in the stroller and decided to back track to pandora just to see the nighttime effects. Using the back walkway from Africa was a nice way to avoid crowds.

Pandora all lit up is really neat and we finally were able to wander a bit without massive crowds. We finally made our way out and back to the car, a very late night!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing! I always try to avoid that walkway in MK because of the smoking. Just yuck!
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a very nice evening.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Very busy day but terrific from start to finish!! Glad to hear you weren't bothered by motion sickness. My husband is affected like that on some rides so, hopefully, he will be able to ride without ill effects.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am enjoying your reports! Regarding the smoking area, my sister who is a smoker doesn't understand why they kept that one and removed the smoking area by the Tomorrowland theater. That one was much better located and was out of the way of traffic flow. She uses the smoking area past Big Thunder and only uses this one during late night EMH when very few people use the path.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful day!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: