Quantcast September or October?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default September or October?

We've taken all of our kids to Disney for their first birthdays and now I'm wanting to continue the tradition with tenth birthdays. My oldest turns 10 on 10/1/18, and we're wanting to stay for two weeks. I can't decide if we should go the last two weeks of September (which means we'd be home before her actual birthday), the last week of September and first of October, or the first two weeks of October. I know that price-wise, the last two weeks of September would be cheaper, but I hate to miss her birthday completely. I also know that October is more crowded than September, but again, it's before her actual birthday. We are a homeschool family, so school breaks don't matter.
    Which would you choose? Not sure why I'm overthinking this so much, but I can't seem to make a choice and stick with it.
    Or... should we "give" her the trip on her birthday and go the end of October to be there for Halloween?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With the food & wine festival, this is now a busy time of year. What does the birthday girl want to do? Does she want to be in Disney for her actual birthday or would she rather be home at that time? Why not give her the deciding vote since it's her birthday you'll be celebrating?

In any case, I'd suggest you make your reservations soon as you may have difficulty getting the accommodations/meals etc. you want.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me I would do the last week of September and first week of October. Then you get to be there for her birthday and at least for part of the trip get cheaper rates. Unless you like crowds I would stay away from the last week of October. We were there for last week of October and first 2 weeks of November last year and it got busier every day. The last weekend we were there MK got close to capicity and EPCOT you could barely move in.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should've mentioned that she doesn't know we're planning it. So she can't help decide. And it's still over a year away, so no worries in reservations just yet. I think I'm leaning toward splitting the months or the first two weeks of October.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with faline...let her decide. You do have plenty of time to decide since not until next year. I think that is a very nice tradition of Disney on the 1st and 10th birthdays!
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of comparing September and October, I'd say they are virtually the same - so do whatever works best for your family. I like the half and half idea.

Post Thanks / Like

While there's not really any difference during that timeframe, I will say, that as someone who shares an October 1 birthday, it's very, very cool to be they're on that day, since it's also the birthday for both Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I'd shoot for a time that include the actual day.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

9. Likes BrerGnat, IloveJack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    While there's not really any difference during that timeframe, I will say, that as someone who shares an October 1 birthday, it's very, very cool to be they're on that day, since it's also the birthday for both Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I'd shoot for a time that include the actual day.

Steve
    Uh...also Oct 1 birthday. Small World!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

11. Likes Fangorn, IloveJack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Uh...also Oct 1 birthday. Small World!!!
    At one point in time (circa 2002-2003) there was a thread with all the Intercot members birthdays listed by date. The day that had the most members (and by a fair margin) was October 1. I always figured it meant there was something really special about that date.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

13. Likes BrerGnat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go earlier in October, and have her birthday be at the end of the trip. I was shocked at how busy the end of October was, it was actually rather crazy. We left Epcot one day since we couldn't move with the F&W crowds, and that just makes it no fun.

But, it is cool to be at Disney ON your birthday, so that's why I'd vote for early October over September/October.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Personal thought: Since she turns 10 (Disney Adult) on 10/1/18, I would at least begin the trip prior to her birthday. That way you can save a little on the dining and (possibly?) tickets as these are based on the beginning of stay.

If the difference in price of rooms is not great, split the difference and go last week of September and first week of October.

Just my 2 cents worth....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

16. Likes Fangorn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Personal thought: Since she turns 10 (Disney Adult) on 10/1/18, I would at least begin the trip prior to her birthday. That way you can save a little on the dining and (possibly?) tickets as these are based on the beginning of stay.
    Just my 2 cents worth....
    This thought has definitely crossed my mind. It would save us on both tickets and dining to arrive before her birthday.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input! I think I'm leaning toward splitting the weeks (last week of Sept and the first week of Oct).
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

19. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

(Using my best Mr. Burns imitation...) EXCELLENT!

Steve

Most Recent Visit:
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: