Quantcast Groceries and food delivery, any ideas?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Groceries and food delivery, any ideas?

So we are going in April 2018 the 14th-23rd, the longest trip we have ever planned for ourselves with two kids. I am thinking about different ideas for grocery delivery options .. I'm aware of garden grocer but I feel like some of their stuff is pretty expensive.. what about amazon delivering food? Any ideas on food delivery that anyone would recommend? We are using southwest also and I was even thinking about taking extra luggage (because of the 2 free checked bags) and just packing groceries..

Thanks!
    Had previous account but can no longer access :(
    8 previous trips, including honeymoon.
    Two kids 5 & 7 years old.
    One of 'those' WDW fans.

Next: POFQ, our home! April 2018!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Publix and Safeway will deliver to the Disney resorts. You can order and set up delivery through their respective websites.

At Publix, you don't pay a delivery charge on your first order.

Amazon has a couple of ways you can have food delivered. Amazon Pantry can ship non-perishables to your hotel. Shipping is a flat fee per box and as you select items the app will tell what percentage off your box you have left. This is not Amazon prime, and it's not 2 day air. But the delivery date will be clearly noted as you're ordering stuff. You may want to place the order a few days before your arrival so it is delivered after you get there.
    Amazon NOW, is another service that can deliver food, including perishables to your resort - usually within 2 hours of placing the order. There is a surcharge for this and you are expected to tip the driver (and you add the tip to your total order.

Hope that helps with the options.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

4. Thanks John thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mandaep View Post
    So we are going in April 2018 the 14th-23rd, the longest trip we have ever planned for ourselves with two kids. I am thinking about different ideas for grocery delivery options .. I'm aware of garden grocer but I feel like some of their stuff is pretty expensive.. what about amazon delivering food? Any ideas on food delivery that anyone would recommend? We are using southwest also and I was even thinking about taking extra luggage (because of the 2 free checked bags) and just packing groceries..
    As Fangorn says, Prime Now is pretty great...they deliver quickly. Best thing is this: It's not a box, which can be handled differently, depending on the resort, but is delivered in grocery bags. And the hotel will put the bags in refrigeration. So if you are getting, say, half-and-half (a big one for us!), you don't have to worry about it going bad. You can just ask for your bags when you get back to (or check in at) your hotel.

In fact, the hotel actually just delivered our bags to our room and put the perishables in the fridge. Sadly, there is nor fresh produce option. But we got granola bars, bread, PB and jelly, etc....

You do have to have a Prime membership.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

6. Likes Fangorn liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: