Quantcast POTC changes - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POTC changes

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that should ever replace POTC should be an exact carbon copy of POTC, identical to the point that it basically is the original ride.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post

I don't know why, but it's that tavern scene and song that I can just so easily see being part of a dark ride. Not that there aren't other, more amazing elements they could include, but that scene would be a must for me. It would fit nicely space-wise in POTC as well. I think.
    We want the blondes! J/k

That would fit, could be some really cool visual scenes, and much longer than the Frozen boat ride.

I'd like a Moana ride.. end facing off against the island gods.. Be awesome.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I attended the 50 years of pirates panel at the D23 expo. The panel featured Imagineers who worked on all the Pirates attractions at every Disney park, from the original to the new Shanghai Disneyland pirate attraction. Imagineers there were Marty Sklar, Orlando Ferrante, Tony Baxter, Kim Irvine (whose mom worked for Imagineering on the original Pirates) Irvine works on changes and updates currently. Also, Luc Mayrand, and Nancy Seruto who created the new reimagined Pirates in Shanghai were on the panel.

Having been to the new Shanghai Disneyland it was interesting to hear the details about all the work and technology that went into that attraction. Though even with that, they looked for ways to stay true to the original Pirates. Before they opened the Shanghai Pirates they had a water ceremony, where they had brought bottles of water from all the Pirate attractions around the world and added the water to Shanghai Pirates to have a connection to the others.

One of the interesting comments that Marty Skylar made was that Walt Disney always like to tinker and change things. Anytime a new idea came up, or a thought I could make something better, he was always wanting to alter and change things. Marty said every attraction at the parks has been changed at some point, usually during long refurbs. This process this was mentioned by other Imaginaires as well. Marty said it's a natural process that happens at the Disney parks, and has been happening since Walt Disney's time, so he had no issues with the changes. His comments got a huge round of applause from the audience.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    Before they opened the Shanghai Pirates they had a water ceremony, where they had brought bottles of water from all the Pirate attractions around the world and added the water to Shanghai Pirates to have a connection to the others.
    That is pretty cool.

As for tinkering. There is tinkering and changing. There is changing the texture in the presentations of D in disney.. But you always see it in that funny script? The castle is still blue. Epcot is still silver.
    Some staples are always needed. That's brand loyalty. Radical changes, then you have to become a slave to that, and keep up the wow factor.

We'll see how it goes. This, along w/ other changes, I think gives us as a family an opportunity to explore other vacation opportunities.

I saw someone said D23 is possibly releasing a Moana attraction? That could fit well in Adventureland. I do miss having rides released for the sake of having them, and not having a film tie in.. But, those are days long since passed. I need to go back in time..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sicemdawgs View Post
    I'm looking forward to the update in 2019 where transgender pirates sit in a circle in their safe place and discuss implementation of the single-payer health care system they saw on Rachel Maddow.
    Wow, what a sad testiment in this thread to some mind sets.
    Unless you've worked with a transgender child who has been disowned and/or forced to undergo "conversion" therapy, or have known someone in the gay community who has attempted suicide, and one friend who sadly succeeded. Unless you've worked with real victims of human trafficking [raises hand as I've done and or known all of the above],
    Then I guess it's easy to whine and cry about it.

Guess I'm the 2% whiner who does not believe in fake news.
    I do however believe in human diginity.
    As much as I love POTC a couple of those scenes do need to change with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    It's a fascinating phenomenon that we accept as normal the social mores that exist in the world that we are born into. We then are generally okay with the evolution of social norms until up through sometime maybe in our teens. But boy once we hit about 25 or 30, any further evolution becomes ridiculous.

Times and attitudes change, folks. And if you don't change - and maybe you don't want to - you're eventually going to be just as cringey as my loving and well-meaning grandfather when he uses words for African Americans, homosexuals, and people from the mid-east that I'm guessing (hoping) none of us would use in mixed company.

We rarely are able to see ourselves become that dinosaur.
    Yes!! Many who don't like these changes should possibly live in those times. It's easy with all the progress we've made to say "oh those people whining about safe places and such..."
    When they are afforded those rights themselves.
    We've come so far, yet have so much farther to go.
    I've lost too many friends and family because of archaic ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW-Geek View Post
    Next thing you know the Disney Inking and Painting Department will be hiring women animators.
    Imagine the horror, and then they'll be wanting to vote and own stuff too.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

7. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes DizneyFreak2002, TheVBs liked this post
    Dislikes texas211 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe leave it alone and just dont ride it?
    -We Wants the Redhead

9. Dislikes Terra disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this thread has pretty much run it's course and now just seems to be adrift.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

11. Likes baldburke, DizneyFreak2002 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: