Quantcast Last Minute Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last Minute Trip

Myself, husband and two twenty something kids may make a last minute trip to Disney August 16-22. We have not been to Disney since the magic bands and preplanning of fast passes began. My question is will all the fast passes for the major attractions be gone? Will we have a hard time booking a room so last minute? We usually plan 9-12 months in advance, have never planned so late. Our other option would be to go in early January while they are still on break from college.

Any input would be helpful!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure one of the resorts will have availability. Fast passes may present a problem. Many of the popular rides fill up quickly. BUt if you check daily and are willing to play around with your schedule you may get those last minute passes. We check daily to see if something we want has opened up for the following day

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think fast passes would be a problem, after we use our preselected three we are always able to get three more during that day. Even if you can't book the fast passes you want before your trip, usually some will pop up that day. So you will probably need to be flexible!

We just changed our room last week and we are leaving July 29th and had no problems getting a room. I can't say for sure if that had anything to do with the fact that we already had a trip booked, but it's definitely worth a shot!
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

We keep playing the FP+ game up to the day of, changing them all around as new times or options become available.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    We keep playing the FP+ game up to the day of, changing them all around as new times or options become available.
    Do you find this to be time consuming? I would get frustrated if I had to be on my phone all the time at Disney.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked last night for almost the same exact dates. We are going August 16th - 23rd. We originally got plane tickets from Pittsburgh to Orlando for $200 total round trip for the 3 of us. We where just going to go down and drive to Clearwater and shop at the Orlando outlets. Then we got a unique offer code in the mail and we got a big discount for POP, that all but made up our minds. We looked at the crowd calendar from last year and it seems to be pretty low. We are Disney vets and aren't too worried about getting fast passes to top attractions. The only must dowe have is Pandora so we will wait in those lines if needed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Do you find this to be time consuming? I would get frustrated if I had to be on my phone all the time at Disney.
    No, at some point I draw a line in the sand with what I'm happy with some I may plan around the FP and complete the mission, I mean trip.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    No, at some point I draw a line in the sand with what I'm happy with some I may plan around the FP and complete the mission, I mean trip.
    Lol.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: