Quantcast Sept 10 - 17

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Sept 10 - 17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sept 10 - 17

HI All,

I was just able to book a last minute trip (55 Days is last minute for me) for Sept 10 -17 at Saratoga Springs. It will be DW, our 19 y/o boy / girl twins, and myself.

Everything I look at tells me this looks like a pretty good week to grab, F&W going on and we have never been, supposedly low crowd volume this week with all kids just back to school, and humidity at least starts to drop a bit.

My concern is the time frame, we are at 55 Days now, I still need to get my confirmation number from DVC to link my reservations, magic bands, tickets, etc. I am not so much concerned about dining reservations but I am concerned about fastpass +. I know this should be a low volume time of year but with the opening of Pandora do you thinks crowds will still be extreamly heavy?

I was hoping to be able to just kind of go with a low planned agenda and just go with the flow. I am just afraid I will be locked out on TSM, Soarin, and the other new E-Ticket rides seeing I am already behind the 8 ball 5 days.

Anyone with experience during this time frame that can comment on past crowd levels? Is it reasonable to think we can still expect relatively low crowd volume as compared to the heavy summer crowds?

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is a lower crowd time, especially compared to the summer. It is still crazy humid though, but I'll take it with the lower crowds.

I would think that other than Pandora, FP+ should be pretty good. At the end of August/beginning of September, I've been able to make "day of" changes for even the good rides.

I agree with you, it would feel strange to book a trip within the 60 day window, but at least it means less time to wait for your trip!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

4. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is about when we are going and I will tell you it is fairly booked up that week hotel wise (I have been checking). I made my FP on Saturday at 60 days (we are there 13th-17th only) and I was able to get everything except the new Flights of Passage Ride but when I looked later in the weekend a few things were booked up (Frozen, Safari, 7DMT) I think if you keep an open mind and try to do a few of the big things at Rope Drop or on Early Magic Hours in the morning you should be ok. This will be our third year in a row going sometime in this general time and it's been getting busier each year. My number one suggestion is to avoid Epcot on the weekends.

Oh and you'll still find some ADRs but not for "main" places like Ohana, Be our Guest etc
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    My concern is the time frame, we are at 55 Days now, I still need to get my confirmation number from DVC to link my reservations, magic bands, tickets, etc.
    Didn't you get a confirmation # when you booked
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Didn't you get a confirmation # when you booked
    No, unfortunately its through RCI so it takes a couple days to get the Disney Confirmation Number after booking.

I also don't think my kids will be down the whole week, they may arrive 2 days later due to work commitments. I can grab them 4 day tickets now just to be able to get Fastpass + and add days later if they do end up coming all week still correct?

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    My number one suggestion is to avoid Epcot on the weekends.
    Great Tip, I figured Epcot would be crazy on a weekend due to F&W. If we do go to Epcot on a weekend it would just be to stroll F&W, we will do our full park day at Epcot mid week

Recent Trips:

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, this is when we are going this year as well. We've done this a few times in early September. It's a pretty good time to go, generally speaking, though it's still a little hot.

You're definitely a little late for the big rides, but I think that you can get most of them at rope drop with not too much trouble. Just remember that rope drops often happen a little early! Plan to be at the park at least 30 minutes before that park opens.

We logged on at 7am sharp on the 60 day mark for our trip, and we could only grab a Flights of Passage fast pass for the fifth day of our trip in the afternoon. Wow!

Definitely avoid Epcot on weekends during F&W. The locals are out in force trying to "Drink Around the World". The World Showcase will be packed.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: