Quantcast Will Hawaii5-0 survive?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Hawaii5-0 survive?

Now that Grace Park (Kono) and Daniel Dae Kim (Chin) have left due to a salary dispute, will the next season survive?

It's funny that the story line almost wrote them out at the end of the last season
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard about the dispute and that they were leaving. Honestly, although I like them both, yes the show will survive without them. Grace Park I only knew of because of her role on Battlestar Galactica, otherwise I think she was pretty unkown and Daniel Dae Kim was a secondary character on lost, neither had huge credentials prior to H5-0.

Hawaii 5-0 isn't like the cast of Friends or Seinfeld, where it was an almost equal ensemble, with characters having equal storylines and tv time. Hawaii 5-0 is about McGarret and Danno first and foremost, and its silly just because the show has been on as long as it has, that secondary characters feel they need to get paid as much as the leads. I'd argue that Chi McBride, who came in late to the party, is actually a bigger role than either Park or Kim.

They gave Park and Kim their own story lines for a while, Kono and Adam, and Chin and his niece, but frankly the interest in those story lines has pretty much run its course. They are great as seconds in solving the case, but they don't or shouldn't be carrying story lines on their own.

CBS has already relegated 5-0 to Friday nights, which two or three years ago when the move happened, people were predicting the shows death, and it didn't happen. People have been predicting Scott Caan's leaving for years too, and nothing has happened. I think as long as the show continues to hold its own on Friday nights, and assuming the two leads stay, the show will continue as long as CBS finds it profitable to keep it going.

As you can tell, I enjoy the show, and its one we've actually let the kids watch with us and they like it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't think it will survive and I am okay with that. I have been losing interest in the show for the last couple of seasons. One of the reason I enjoyed the show was the characters played by Park and and Kim. It gave the show an actual Hawaiian feel. I am so tired of the storylines of the other 2 characters; it has gotten old. It has been removed from my DVR recording schedule.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Personally, I don't think it will survive and I am okay with that.
    I tend to agree. The dirty bomb story was far fetched and the Steve/Danno bickering is annoying beyond belief.

I did like the times when Chin defended the Hawain beliefs.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: