Quantcast Why don't the ADR and Fastpass+ Windows Coincide?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why don't the ADR and Fastpass+ Windows Coincide?

I am so annoyed right now. The amount of pre-planning that goes into a Disney trip is very time intensive thanks to all the advanced reservations. However, I have made my peace with that. It's just something that you need to know is part of the "New Disney." I could clearly choose to go somewhere else, and I usually do.

It makes sense to me that if they open the ADR windows 180 days out the same should hold true to Fastpass+.

Because I had to plan my Rivers of Light dinner package, Akershus, and Be Our Guest 180 days before we get to Disney it could be assumed that I want to get Fastpass+ for the corresponding parks, yes? Especially for a dinner package? Therefore, doesn't it make sense that you should be able to schedule a Fastpass+ to coincide with your ADRs? If you are planning where you are going to be 180 days out wouldn't it make sense that you plan the whole trip to completion?

After looking at a third party website I can see that there are no Flight of Passage Fastpass+ slots available for the day I scheduled my Rivers of Light Package.

I was assuming (apparently incorrectly) that I would be able to have a day where I scheduled a Rivers of Light Dinner Package and then a Fastpass+ for Flight of Passage that afternoon at some point between lunchtime and Rivers of Light that evening.

I understand that the opening of Pandora, is a special exception. In that case you think they would include a Fastpass+ for one of the attractions in addition to the dinner package.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is frustrating to say the least. Keep an eye on it, they extended AK hours for our August trip last week and we were able to get a FoP FP for 9P.

The package already includes a FP for RoL, I can't see them ever giving 2.

Hope you're able to pick up something.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. We were just down there the week leading up to July 4th and it was a complete stressful debacle. We had problems with the app and we couldn't even see our reservations and it used the wrong tickets, etc. On top of all of that, what we had planned and the reservations we made months in advance were not playing out well with the weather since there were thunderstorms for hours every afternoon and other factors. It was the worst WDW vacation we ever had and it was the least enjoyable vacation we have had in years.

We have been going on other types of vacations for the last 5 years or so but keep ending up at WDW because of special events involving our kids' school activities and sports. If it weren't for those, we wouldn't be going hardly at all. I can't deal with all the pre-scheduling and having to constantly worry about the time and where I need to be.

I like to think that Disney management realizes at this point they have created and frustrating mess. They just can't figure out a way to back out of it without investors going nuts and negative media attention.

On a side note, last summer we went out west on a vacation and visited Disneyland in California. It was nice being able to just show up without any schedules or planning and just enjoy the attractions as we went through the park.

Post Thanks / Like

I have often wondered this myself.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't even know what to do at this point. What is the point of carefully planned out ADRs if you can't get a Fastpass to line up with it? I don't want to hope that something opens up. I want to be able to use the system that Disney created for the purpose of not having to deal with last minute plans.

I am considering cancelling the dining package and attempting to get Fastpass+ for both Rivers of Light and Flight of Passage on the same day. I would prefer to eat at Sanaa over Tiffins anyway.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest complaint has been the lack of a decent park schedule all these months out when Disney expects its guests to plan everything! Its hard enough to decide on and arrange FP and dining, but to do so without any park hours or EMH is beyond annoying if you ask me!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

8. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are staying on property they have been doing EMH at Animal Kingdom. The are not announcing it for months out just seems like a month at a time. The wait times for Pandora have gone down a lot since opening not like the Frozen ride or 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. So hopefully you will get to do the things you want. On our trip in November we had a lot of success getting FP last minute.(day before or day of) The only one that did not happen was Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    My biggest complaint has been the lack of a decent park schedule all these months out when Disney expects its guests to plan everything! Its hard enough to decide on and arrange FP and dining, but to do so without any park hours or EMH is beyond annoying if you ask me!
    That as well. It was unclear to me what nights they were going to show Rivers or Light or Fantasmic! If the planning starts 180 days out than ALL the planning should start 180 days out. The park schedule should be complete (with showtimes) and you should be able to make Fastpass+ at that time. What's the point of making ADRs if you can't plan anything else either? Either that or change the ADR window back to 60 days beforehand. Why does the stress have to come in two waves. ADRs and then Fastpass+.

If there is going to be evening EMH at AK shouldn't that be announced around the same time as the Fastpass+ window? Having an EMH changes the way I schedule our park days. Sometimes we use the EMH and sometimes we want to avoid that park dependent on how early/later we want to get up or stay up.
    Last edited by disneynarula; 07-20-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: to clarify
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

Post Thanks / Like

Two completely different systems. I would assume food ordering for the restaurants, and staffing would be the main concerns. Attractions have pretty standard staffing, but rehab schedules can change that. Rehabs, unless major, are not typically scheduled 180 days out.

I don't care for the disconnect either, but I do understand it.

My concern is that, even for my dates - 11/29 - 12/6, the park schedules and fireworks/parades/etc. are not firmed up so that I can start preliminary planning for my park days.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The only downside I can see with ADRs and FP being bookable on same day would be which do you book first? Lol. I don't mind the booking window being at different times that way I don't have to prioritize one over the other , but I do wish they were closer timewise.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked when they moved the ADR window from 180 to 90 days in advance. It was for such a brief period of time, like maybe less than a year, because so many guests complained it was too short a window. What I liked about it was that it was actually easier to get a reservation, especially if your park plans changed like many do the closer you get to your departure. FP+ wasn't a thing yet, so maybe that's where the complaints came from. Now with FP+ being at 60 days if you're on-site a 90 day ADR booking window might be better received by guests.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I really liked when they moved the ADR window from 180 to 90 days in advance. It was for such a brief period of time, like maybe less than a year, because so many guests complained it was too short a window. What I liked about it was that it was actually easier to get a reservation, especially if your park plans changed like many do the closer you get to your departure. FP+ wasn't a thing yet, so maybe that's where the complaints came from. Now with FP+ being at 60 days if you're on-site a 90 day ADR booking window might be better received by guests.
    This is exactly what I was thinking! Make ADRs 90 days and leave FP at 60 days. In my opinion things would be much easier to plan this way. Hopefully by that time park hours would be better established and planning would be much more efficient. I am not at all opposed to planning (disney planning is a bit much for me these days tho) but I never really understood the need to plan dining so far in advanced! 90 days, to me, should be plenty!

Post Thanks / Like

This is exactly what I was thinking! Make ADRs 90 days and leave FP at 60 days. In my opinion things would be much easier to plan this way. Hopefully by that time park hours would be better established and planning would be much more efficient. I am not at all opposed to planning (disney planning is a bit much for me these days tho) but I never really understood the need to plan dining so far in advanced! 90 days, to me, should be plenty!
    I think 180 days is excessive as well, and response to the frenzy over certain locations like CRT, Be our Guest, packages, etc. The places that are impossible even at 180 days to reserve don't need to be so. Same thing with FP+, there are certain aspects I like about the system, but holistically speaking it does make planning more a pain to coordinate!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    I honestly don't even know what to do at this point. What is the point of carefully planned out ADRs if you can't get a Fastpass to line up with it? I don't want to hope that something opens up. I want to be able to use the system that Disney created for the purpose of not having to deal with last minute plans.

I am considering cancelling the dining package and attempting to get Fastpass+ for both Rivers of Light and Flight of Passage on the same day. I would prefer to eat at Sanaa over Tiffins anyway.
    Can you get Fast passes + for both of these on the same day?
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sainter View Post
    Can you get Fast passes + for both of these on the same day?
    Yes, depending on availability. FoP is Tier 1 and RoL is Tier 2.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The only downside I can see with ADRs and FP being bookable on same day would be which do you book first? Lol. I don't mind the booking window being at different times that way I don't have to prioritize one over the other , but I do wish they were closer timewise.
    I hadn't thought of that. That would be quite the dilemma. Get two computers up and running! >
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: