Quantcast Your favorite memory

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your favorite memory

Some people have been sharing some great stories about their bus trips. I was wanting to hear great restaurant stories.
    Last edited by Cinderelley; 07-25-2017 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Because I can't type English as well as I can speak it apparently
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow you know I was just thinking about a couple of these this morning-and they are OLDIES!

So back on one of our first trips we had some kind of dining package that meant we could order anything we wanted off the menu. We were staying at the Polynesian and eating at the old Papeete Bay Verandah and I just remember that my brother and I were both astounded at being told we could order an appetizer (I don't think we had ever been allowed to before.)

Also at the old Disney Inn (now Shades of Green) they used to serve the most delicious cinnamon rolls in flowers pots at breakfast.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

It was May 1995, It was our First Family trip to WDW. We did 10 days at Carribean Beach Resort. Was DW, DD1, DD2, and myself (Pre-Twins) Celebrating DD2's 7th Birthday (now mother of 3) at the Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot. We had a table right up against the tank, Mickey was scuba diving while Minnie and other Characters were walking and working the floor. Minnie came to the table and fussed over DD2 Celebrating her Birthday, which also made Mickey swim down to our tank window. Minnie then started pretending to swoon over Mickey, blowing him kisses, putting her hand over her heart and swaying back and forth. I think I can still see the huge smiles and wide open eyes on both girls while this was all going on, for a minute they were in another world.

Another Trip, January 2001, Post Twins, DW, DD2, DD3, DS, Me.
    We were eating with the twins and their older sister at Cinderella's Royal Table, it was the very first day of the twins very first Trip to WDW at the age of 3. They will be turning 20 this year during our upcoming Sept Trip. This restaurant experience stands out because they were especially excited that we were actually eating in Cinderellas Castle and they also got to have their picture taken sitting on the Royal Throne! I can still remember how in awe they were of absolutely everything at WDW as they were seeing it all for the first time.

Same January 2001 trip, EPCOT, when Italy's Restaurant was still "Alfredo di Roma Ristorante". We were waiting for our table in a packed lobby watching the Fettuccine being made. My son said he needed to go to the bathroom, full on pee pee dance and everything. Just then his twin sister immediately decided she needed to go too. Their older sister who was almost 13 at the time stepped up and said she would take them, at this point she had plenty of practice being the big sister of twins so knew how to lend a hand with things, she took them both into the ladies room. A few minutes later called our name for our table so my wife and I were up across the room standing at the podium talking to the receptionist. I hear my sons voice calling to us and then some laughter, I spin around to see my son standing right outside the bathroom door still trying to pull his pants up, but also just in time to then see his older sisters hand come flying out of the door, grab him, and very quickly pull him back in the restroom. A minute or so went by and she came out with both of the twins and said to the lobby with total embarrassment "Sorry he got away from me there when I turned around" so again there was laughter which made it worse and embarrassed her even more.

Needless to say, the rest of the trip I was in charge of taking Michael to the restroom.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Drinks! Drinks! Drinks! This was years years years ago at the Garden Grill. We had a glass of wine to go with dinner. And we jokingly told the server to keep the drinks coming. Before we even finished the glass of wine, we had a strawberry daiquiri to show up on the table. Then another glass of wine. We couldn't even finish one drink before another one would be placed on the table. We had a lot of drinks on our table at any given time. It was funny yet embarrassing. The characters even started to pick up on and notice the abundance of drinks on our table. It was a fun and unusual experience. It was probably the best dining experience ever!! It was a blast!!!! Embarrassing. But fun!! I've ate there a few times after that. But those weren't nearly as embarrassing and exciting as the first one. Haha!

Post Thanks / Like

FW festival. Our first time, and 400 bucks that day. Was great. Tried something from every place and filled up the passport book. A bit full. Could have used a scooter to waddle our bloated selves to the front. Just the foods, smells, sights, incredible.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

For me it was breakfast at the Top of the World at the Contemporary on our first trip back in 1982. I can't recall if it was a brunch, but it was long before Chef Mickey's and long before the Top of the World Lounge at BLT. However both are awesome in their own respects. I just remember thinking how neat it was to be able to look out over the top of the Magic Kingdom to see almost the whole park. However since it was 1982 we could also see Epcot off in the distance just waiting to hatch. We've had a bunch of really great meals at WDW over the years but nothing beats your first visit!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Prime Time Diner

We had taken both sets of our parents - first timers to WDW and all in their sixties - to the Prime Time for dinner. They all reminisced and laughed about how their kitchens and living rooms had looked like the ones in the Diners. Then we had an AMAZING "cousin" who played up to the hilt, as did our parents, and it became some of the best memories of group trips ever. Got a lot of video and will make us laugh whenever we remember that night.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

These all sound so great!

Post Thanks / Like

Had one dinner at Le Cellier (and saw no reason to go back) and we were there late. We weren't far from the kitchen and as one of the last tables, were there while staff was cleaning up. From the kitchen at one point we heard a guy start singing "Don't Stop Believing" at the top of his lungs. Another joined in, and then another and finally it sounded like six or seven guys back there belting this song out. It was great, free entertainment!

Our first time in the GF was to go to Narcoosees and the meal was fabulous. We each had the surf and turf and for some reason there weren't a lot of people there and it felt like we had the restaurant for ourselves!

Morocco. Belly dancer. Nuff said.

We went into Rose and Crown late one night and couldn't figure out if they were open or not. It was empty and no staff to be seen, but the door was open. We walked the whole way back to the bar and I held by 4yo on my shoulders, looking over the little door to the back, and had him shout out, "What's a guy gotta do to get a drink around here?" A server came out, saw him, and started laughing hysterically. They were, indeed, closed.

Hoop-Dee-Doo - just great, overall!

Highway in the Sky Dine Around. A great experience!

I was on a FAM trip for meeting planners (even though I'm not one - long story), and we were having breakfast in some Imagineering building. I was texting a friend and told him what I was up to and he said, jokingly, "So Mickey is making you eggs?" And I texted back, no, that this was a professional experience and ha ha there were no characters, etc. And I look up and Chef Mickey is standing there looking at me with his hands on his hips like, why are you on your phone?
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

This was not a direct experience of ours, but we do always love the experiences we have at 50s Prime Time. Last year when we went, a man at a table near us spilled his drink on the table and of course that did not go over well with their server he brought the man another drink but it was in a sippy cup and that cracked us up. At that same table it was also someones birthday so later the server came back and sang happy birthday in the most off-key way he could, and loudly. Like I said, it wasn't our direct experience but nevertheless it was hilarious. We also don't like a whole lot of attention ourselves so it satisfies us to live vicariously through them without the attention
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

Off topic, but is the Prime Time Cafe making the cut in the new Star Wars/Pixar park?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneycutie165 View Post
    This was not a direct experience of ours, but we do always love the experiences we have at 50s Prime Time. Last year when we went, a man at a table near us spilled his drink on the table and of course that did not go over well with their server :
    This reminded me of another one:

50's Prime Time, June 2011 DW, DS, DD, ME. First night of the trip we were eating at 50's Prime Time Cafe. The waitress (who was great and playing the perfect character up to this point) was walking up behind me to serve us more soft drinks, she accidentally spilled the whole tray of drinks (all diet cokes) right down my back. Needless to say now all the attention in the room turned to me sitting with a soaked back and a huge puddle of diet coke pooled up under me. They were all very apologetic and the manager came over and offered to purchase me a new shirt so I wasn't uncomfortable spending the rest of the night in a wet shirt. I just laughed and said no, I told them it was just an accident, was no big deal, and we were actually going to head right back to the resort after dinner was done. I really just didn't want to get the waitress in any sort of trouble and was trying to play it down. He continued to insist on the shirt so I finally said ok and he was off. Now I am very low key with any graphics on my shirts, maybe a little Disney flare, a little classic Mickey on a collar, etc. He came back with a T-shirt that had a Big colorful 2011 on it with all the characters peeking out from behind it, on a big "puffy" graphic. lol. I just couldn't do it, it almost felt like my wife and kids were playing a prank on me because they know it was definitely not my taste. I just thanked him and took the shirt, I told him I would put in on in the restroom on our way out.

We signed the receipt for the dining plan and were sitting for a few minutes longer getting ready to leave when the waitress serving desserts to the table next to us dropped the tray of desserts onto the floor, in our direction, and I got hit in the arm with a big glob of whipped cream. My wife and kids were now out loud dying laughing and pointing at me, which made me start laughing , our waitress could barely keep the big grin off of her face at this point either. Again very apologetic but what are the odds, I have never even seen a server drop a tray while at Disney ever, never mind 2 during 1 meal. I just simply wiped off the whipped cream and we all left laughing with a great story. I still have my 2011 Disney shirt I occasionally wear to bed, and I will add my kids still laugh at me when they see me in it. lol

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post

I was on a FAM trip for meeting planners (even though I'm not one - long story), and we were having breakfast in some Imagineering building. I was texting a friend and told him what I was up to and he said, jokingly, "So Mickey is making you eggs?" And I texted back, no, that this was a professional experience and ha ha there were no characters, etc. And I look up and Chef Mickey is standing there looking at me with his hands on his hips like, why are you on your phone?
    That is funny.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of good stories at 50s Prime Time. I went there once and didn't like it so much. Maybe I will have to try it again.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: