Quantcast 30 Day Mark - Bring on the Fastpass!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 30 Day Mark - Bring on the Fastpass!

Today we hit the 30 day mark (29 day mark technically but that first day is setting up, not for parks) which means we can now start booking Fastpasses one day at a time. I know FP+ has divided opinion on here but in a way I have found the chance to start planning exciting!

We didn't have the options of Seven Dwarf Mine Train or Big Thunder Mountain, not really surprised by the first one so we will probably try and run for that first thing! We then think we will head to Tomorrowland and whilst there use our Space Mountain FP (Mum has Winnie the Pooh instead as she doesn't like rollercoasters), after lunch we will continue with Fantasyland and use our Peter Pan Fastpass, had originally planned BTMRR or Seven Dwarves but in their absence the lines for Peter Pan probably merit a Fastpass! As we head to the left side of the park we've got Splash Mountain as the 3rd Fastpass for mid-afternoon. It is the final day it is open before it goes down for maintenance so that was one of my priorities to find a FP for!

Tomorrow at 12 noon UK time the mission for Epcot Fastpasses will begin!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would check again for BTMRR, sounds like a glitch. If not it sounds like a great plan especially getting in that one last ride on Splash.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Was the mission for Epcot fastpasses successful?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Very successful thanks, we worked out our battle plan for the day. I was in karate at the time they unlock so gave my parents the wish list for the day and they were in charge of booking. We knew a Frozen Fastpass was pretty much out of the question so we are targeting going across when World Showcase opens and trying our luck with standby.

Aside from that we have Soaring (that vs Test Track was a tough call but we figured aim for the other at rope drop?) and Mission Space booked around those, for the third choice the remaining Future World queues looked about the same, went with Imagination... when we had looked at queue times the night before it was slightly longer than the others at that point at least.

Day 3 we are at Islands of Adventure so there was a day off from FP booking today. Day 4 we start at Typhoon Lagoon but are looking for some evening Fastpasses at DHS before Fantasmic. We have some plans in mind so fingers crossed...
    Disney World Visits:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I would check again for BTMRR, sounds like a glitch. If not it sounds like a great plan especially getting in that one last ride on Splash.
    Thanks! I guess it could have been a glitch with BTMRR but looking back now Peter Pan seems to have the longest dark ride standby queues in the park (I heard it's quite a slow loading ride so doesn't cope well with 2 lines?) Tempted to say we'll stick with the Peter Pan FP in any case, we have another half day at MK later in the vacation so will make a BTMRR fastpass a priority for that day.

Splash Mountain was the one we really really wanted, it's a family favourite and when we saw the refurb schedule we all noticed how close we were - one day to get a visit! Huge relief to get that one booked!!
    Disney World Visits:

Post Thanks / Like

YES!!!!

We finished our booking for Fastpasses yesterday, today I was just looking through on the off chance that Seven Dwarves appeared and they had become available for our first day at 5:40pm! Jumped in quickly and booked them.

We did have to give up our Peter Pan Fastpass as a result but if the standby line is too long we have been able to now get a Peter Pan Fastpass for our last half day, so we still have a confirmed flight to Neverland!

BTMRR did appear as a FP for our final day and also for our MK/Epcot split day, so maybe it was a glitch on our first day. We also managed to get River Journey on both on our Animal Kingdom full day and then also at night on our Animal Kingdom half day (after Typhoon Lagoon). The only thing that completely eluded me with FP was Flight of Passage.

2 weeks tomorrow until we fly, getting excited!
    Disney World Visits:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: