Quantcast Fantasmic Dining Package - Mama Melrose's

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic Dining Package - Mama Melrose's

So this is the first year since Disney started offering free dining that we are going during a time when we can't get the promotion. Therefore, we will be doing quick service - which doesn't bother us very much because we don't really like to have to schedule all of the table service and have not been very happy with the TS meals we've had in recent years anyway.

Thought we might try Mama Melrose's - primarily to get the fantasmic package. I was hoping to hear some recent reviews of that restaurant - as well as get opinions on whether it's worth it to pay out of pocket for the extra charge for the reserved fantasmic seating (I never realized there was an extra charge - since we've always been on the dining plan when we've booked the dinner package in the past). I know you can get fast pass for fantasmic - but the seats reserved for dinner packages looked better to me last time we went. And it seemed like there have been more and more sections reserved for the packages - but I could be imagining that. Just seems harder to get decent seats for Fantasmic anymore. It's our favorite night time show at Disney - so we thought we'd do the dining package - but not sure if we'll think it was worth it.

Thanks in advance for the reviews/opinions!
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So we just did the Dining package at Mama Melrose for Pixar Live. Since you have done the Dining Plans in the past you may be used to having to get an Appetizer, Meal, and Dessert. Way to much food for us and not sure the price was worth reserved seating. Without the package we would have had to get there early but it would have been better for us pricewise as normally we share entrees at dinner. The food is very good at Mama Melrose's though.

4. Thanks Mary Chase thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it doesn't really seem worth spending over $200 for lunch - just for the reserved seating. Also a little bummed to see that Fantasmic is a tier 1 fast pass now. I think it used to be tier 2. Gotta save my one tier 1 fast pass for toy story mania. Guess I'll have to wait in the line for Fantasmic!
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!